Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Jerseys

I have a Techwear jersey and have only had it about 6 months so I can't speak to any wear & tear issues or longevity. I can say they we great folks to work with and very helpful. Mine is through The Blue Bullets contingency program but I wanted to add my local club's logo on the sleeve. I didn't have the correct type of file with the design and they took care of making it work.

I'm going to show my ignorance in a major way here, so brace yourselves...

The people I see at matches wearing jerseys are typically people who have sponsorships, right? Or is it also a fashion thing?

Sorry, I know this is a really dumb question but I've only done a few IDPA matches and 2-gun rimfire. Nobody at my matches is wearing anything with logos on it, so I was just curious.

The people I see at matches wearing jerseys are typically people who have sponsorships, right? Or is it also a fashion thing?

Sorry, I know this is a really dumb question but I've only done a few IDPA matches and 2-gun rimfire. Nobody at my matches is wearing anything with logos on it, so I was just curious.

The ones wearing jerseys are a mix. Some have sponsors. Some have them for "fashion". Some for practical reasons (they breath very well).

I have one that is personalized to represent me. I have zero sponsors. I also like that they breath very well.

Some in IDPA and some of the other sports see jerseys as a "gamer thing".

That's my take on it from what I've seen and heard.

I've been to matches (not IDPA) where if you wear a jersey and/or shoot USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc. You are looked down upon as a "f#&%ing gamer" and they do let you know you are not welcomed as "one of their crowd". I, frankly, don't care. It fits me.

The ones wearing jerseys are a mix. Some have sponsors. Some have them for "fashion". Some for practical reasons (they breath very well).

I have one that is personalized to represent me. I have zero sponsors. I also like that they breath very well.

I've been to matches (not IDPA) where if you wear a jersey and/or shoot USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc. You are looked down upon as a "f#&%ing gamer" and they do let you know you are not welcomed as "one of their crowd". I, frankly, don't care. It fits me.

...and the chicks dig it.

Interesting that people would look down on you. Maybe I'm just ignorant but all shooting matches are "games". The breathability of the garment makes a heck of a lot of sense. I have this Reebok shirt that was probably designed for people playing basketball, but it is comfortable and it works.

The local matches I go to don't have anyone running around with the jerseys. But I was thinking about going to the 2-gun rimfire nationals, and wanted to blend in. Seems most people have jerseys there. Really appreciate your input.

• 3 weeks later...

I know why the gunsta link is busted, it is .com.ph not .com/ph The site is in the phillipines, thus the .ph, and google displays the search wrong - depending on your browser.

it should be... well, apparently IE11 is too outdated to allow me to actually paste the address...

http://www.thegunsta.com.ph/index.html

As far as the IDPA guys looking down jerseys...Yeah, that happened. In my Experience the IDPA guys are like the Harley riders of the shooting world. if you aren't IDPA then you are "lesser".

Funny (unrelated) story... I almost got tossed out of an IDPA match (a night match no less) for shooting too fast with my "tricked out race gun" (a stock Springfield TRP - the only 1911 I had with night sights). Then, after the last stage, I offered to swap equipment with guy that was giving me the business about my choice of hardware and re-shoot the stage. He was shooting a glock 26, and I beat both him and my own time with the 1911 with the G26 using his IWB holster. He went to the RM insisting that I must be cheating, but I was already packed up and leaving. Can't we all just get along?

Edited by barrysuperhawk

IDPA shooters for the most part are wanabe's. FBI, CIA, Militray, LEO etc. I see them as the Mall Cops of the world...

I know why the gunsta link is busted, it is .com.ph not .com/ph The site is in the phillipines, thus the .ph, and google displays the search wrong - depending on your browser.

it should be... well, apparently IE11 is too outdated to allow me to actually paste the address...

http://www.thegunsta.com.ph/index.html

As far as the IDPA guys looking down jerseys...Yeah, that happened. In my Experience the IDPA guys are like the Harley riders of the shooting world. if you aren't IDPA then you are "lesser".

Funny (unrelated) story... I almost got tossed out of an IDPA match (a night match no less) for shooting too fast with my "tricked out race gun" (a stock Springfield TRP - the only 1911 I had with night sights). Then, after the last stage, I offered to swap equipment with guy that was giving me the business about my choice of hardware and re-shoot the stage. He was shooting a glock 26, and I beat both him and my own time with the 1911 with the G26 using his IWB holster. He went to the RM insisting that I must be cheating, but I was already packed up and leaving. Can't we all just get along?

Mighty tall talk for a guy who shoots a red gun with red bullets ;)

I just figured everyone who shot in those fancy shooting shirts was named Bill.....you know Bill.....Board. :lol:

Edited by kurtm

Poking bears is our national pastime...

Mighty tall talk for a guy who shoots a red gun with red bullets ;)

I just figured everyone who shot in those fancy shooting shirts was named Bill.....you know Bill.....Board. :lol:

For me it's a bit of both if you include comfort with fashion. My jersey is through The Blue Bullets program which gives shooters a discount on product. Not exactly what most would consider "sponsored" but it's a great program for even average shooters like me to get a discount while promoting a good product. The fashion side of it, although the Blue Bullets logo is pretty cool looking, is that it's a shirt that is comfortable and easy to move in for 3 gun.

Boss finally gave the go ahead to get some shirts for those of us who shoot to get the store logo on them. After doing some research, did animal customs shut down. I liked the options they had and have researched them in the past, can't find them now.

Regrettably, Animal is no longer an option. I was informed they are out of business by Mondo himself. We have moved to Techwear at double the cost.

I know they support shooting, but we ended up going local, for about 1/3 their sponsored prices

Edited by toothandnail

G2Gemini makes excellent shirts. My shirt from last year was made by them and I beat up it pretty hard with no negative results. My shirt coming from Burris is also G2.

My current shirt is Techwear. It's definitely very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally wear soccer jerseys (adidas Climacool or Nike Dri-fit). Have one for Chicago Fire, Argentina, Germany, Japan, Serbia...doubles as non-shooting jerseys, they are light, cool, and move well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two different Gunsta jerseys that I've had for about 3 yrs. No complaints. I went to Animal Custom with a new design since they are were local. Halfway thru the order process, they refunded me the cash and closed up shop from one night to the next and no one knows why. I reached out to Gunsta and its been 45 days without a response from them.

Looks like my price point is going up and I'm going with techwear...SMH