Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max capacity 140mm

z40acp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New pads for Mecgar AFC 17 and CZ plated 17rnd mag.

add 3 with factory spring and follower, adds 6 with 10 coils spring and follower kit ( need light modification to sides of follower to get to sit higher.

59026efa04a5b_17padext_DSC3035small.thumb.jpg.7420fe76721bac871c22c62c3a0638f0.jpg

Just now, cheby said:

what kind of modification to sides of follower is needed?

small amount of material on each side to allow the follower to sit higher in the mag. basically to push the last round up higher.

MecGar 17 round + Springer mag extensions give me 21 reloadable. Ran them at a match last weekend and had no problems. I did a little filing on the followers nothing major. With the Wolfe +5% springs they won't lock the slide back. I'm going to try the +10% and see how that works.

With CZ custom springs, CZ custom followers and CZ custom base pads, I can get 23+1 in the shadow mags. Reliability was flawless! Though, this will result in not being able to lock the slide back when you run dry. 

I've been able to fit 23 rounds reloadable in Cz 18 round tube + tti +2s and Czc 10 coil spring and follower. They actually lock the slide back too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They have stopped locking back the slide. I guess springs wore in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I got the mecGar mag 17 AFC, TTi based pads and the CZC 11522 kit . for my CZ SP01

Does it require any fit or assemble and good to go?

When I insert the mag, there is like 2 mm gap between the grip/magw and the basepad, is that normal?

thanks

Edited by MP9

On May 12, 2017 at 3:05 PM, MP9 said:

I got the mecGar mag 17 AFC, TTi based pads and the CZC 11522 kit . for my CZ SP01

Does it require any fit or assemble and good to go?

For mine it has been assemble and go so far, YMMV.

However one of mine did not quite fit the mag gauge 

without a little filing, suggest you check with a mag gauge if possible.

EricG

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2017 at 3:25 PM, eerw said:

New pads for Mecgar AFC 17 and CZ plated 17rnd mag.

add 3 with factory spring and follower, adds 6 with 10 coils spring and follower kit ( need light modification to sides of follower to get to sit higher.

59026efa04a5b_17padext_DSC3035small.thumb.jpg.7420fe76721bac871c22c62c3a0638f0.jpg

Do you have the part #s? I don't see them on the CZC site.

Edited by 858

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 10:33 AM, RocketRyan said:

Ryan, any issues with the 10 coil springs reliably feeding. I see CZC also offers a 13 coil spring for the P09 as well. 

11 hours ago, bemanuel said:

Ryan, any issues with the 10 coil springs reliably feeding. I see CZC also offers a 13 coil spring for the P09 as well. 

No issues, they have been working great. I believe the 13 coil is for a 170mm mag for Open.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mlmiller1 said:

Thanks... factory custom shop  then.

18rd mag plus small ext will hold 23... does it fit mag gauge?

I'm pretty sure CZ Custom and CZ USA have no official connection.

The answer to your question is yes, the short extension, 18rd tube, CZC spring, and follower fit in the guage and hold 23+1

19 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

I'm pretty sure CZ Custom and CZ USA have no official connection.

The answer to your question is yes, the short extension, 18rd tube, CZC spring, and follower fit in the guage and hold 23+1

I'm quoting just because I'm curious, as well. I know they build some guns for sale directly from CZ-USA.  As an example, I recently purchased an AccuShadow 2 that has a SKU number for CZ-USA, but not for CZCustom.  I sent off an email to CZC asking about it and they said they build that specific AccuShadow 2 SKU for CZ-USA's distribution.

CZ-USA's AccuShadow 2:  http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-accushadow-2-cz-custom-shop/

CZCustom's AccuShadow 2: https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-custom-accu.html

The rear sights are different (the CZC is fully adjustable vs CZUSA's HAJO), but the guys at CZC say the guts/magic inside is the same between the two.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...