Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AP Customs Officially Out of Business

For those who never had a chance to redeemed their AP Rhino certificates that were so graciously awarded at many multi-gun matches, the below reply is where AP stands regardless what they tell you over the phone.... This information is not meant in any way to disgrace them but more to let people know their position. Maybe if someone buys their assets, maybe the new owners will address?

At this point, the company is effectively out of business. I apologize for not being able to fulfill our obligations.

Aaron

Thank you!

Aaron Parmenter

AP Rhino

1212 Central Industrial Ave.

St. Louis, MO 63110

www.apcustomusa.com

314.736.1366 office

618.334.4671 cell

It stinks because I liked their products, but to me it always felt like they were almost out of business, their response time to any sort of query was terrible, assuming you ever got an answer.

I am not surprised at all. It took me over a year to get a handguard from them that I won the cert for at a match. Months of emails back and forth and phone calls to people to worked there then left the company. I transitioned between 5 different people before I finally received it, which only took about 2 weeks once the process was iron out and they got their crap together.

Phew - I got in just under the wire with two AP carbon fiber handguards I have had on backorder with Brownells since September... they miraculously came in just a couple of weeks back :devil: . I had previously used a match certificate to get hardware for them (sling mounts, bipod mounts), so was locked into the system. Since then I've ordered some Picatinny rails for the handguards, and replacement springs for my AP shotshell caddies from distributors who still have them in stock.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

My rifle sponsor feels your pain as he out a $10k loss supplying them parts they could not get! (now he understands why)

I am only out $1300.00 starting back in 2014! I am sure there are others with un-paid debt that do not follow this forum that are also finding out. I am more upset feeling mis-lead from talking to many of the former employees leading me to believe it is on the way....

We spend our lives building up our integrity, and with some, it can so swiftly disappear!!!

Life goes on but I hope this can be made right....

We have a little bit of their stuff left still in stock; some .308 handguards, rhino series handguards, trigger groups, gas blocks, and shotshell carriers.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=306

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/ap-custom-c-599.html

Edit: Price Drop on AP .308 Handguards.

Edited by BlueSpaderInfantryman

• 2 weeks later...

As a former "regular" of the St. Louis area shooting scene I find this news interesting.

EDIT: I was the first to bring 3 gun competition to the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, IL. My tin foil hat is probably on too tight, but I always thought the timing of my "departure" as USPSA match director and how Gateway 3 Gun busted onto the scene was...highly "coincidental". My first clue something was up was how quickly Gateway 3 Gun vanished from the scene as well.

Edited by Chills1994

Just my $.02 if Aaron had sent e-mails to the customers explaining what was going with their orders it would have gone a long way towards being a little more sympathetic to him or his company.