Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Officially in month 11 of the SVI wait

LegionShooter

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear they are nice guns. But at 11 months I had already been competing with my Cheely for 7. Of course I can't then sit around and make X's on the calendar.

I'm jealous of your four month wait time on the Cheely. It took a little over 12 months to get my Limited gun from him. The wait was worth it though, the gun is outstanding. The SVI will be more of a carry gun for me than a competition gun though unless I feel like trying my hand at Single Stack...which I might down the road. I ordered it so I'd get it right around my 20 year Army anniversary, as a gift to myself for hanging in there for the long haul.

My advice would be to send a courteous email to Brandon at the 12 month mark, just to see how things are looking. You might be surprised..........or maybe not :devil:

I might just do that. I'll be sure to tell him you told me to haha. On a plus side, now that I have my FFL it can come right to my door :cheers:

Edited by LegionShooter

I hear they are nice guns. But at 11 months I had already been competing with my Cheely for 7. Of course I can't then sit around and make X's on the calendar.

I think my Cheely open gun was 3-4 months too. It's been a great blaster with the exception of the cracked slide and the down time waiting to get it back. I guess there was a shortage of 9mm slides back then. Once I get the Infinity I'll be sending my STI back to Matt to have him go through it and maybe get a new finish.

I am currently in the midst of replacing my non SV 1911/2011/Open pistols with SV's. I was sold to the quality and function a few years ago, and am ordering more as the months roll out.

I think my Cheely open gun was 3-4 months too. It's been a great blaster with the exception of the cracked slide and the down time waiting to get it back. I guess there was a shortage of 9mm slides back then. Once I get the Infinity I'll be sending my STI back to Matt to have him go through it and maybe get a new finish.

STI most likely replaced it free but he may have had to send the cracked one back before they woUld do anything. I had one crack last year and STI eventually sent Matt a new one.

I got a call Tuesday from Brandon asking a few final questions and he said mine would ship the end of this week or the beginning of next... So now I am like a kid on Christmas eve but I am not totally sure when Christmas eve is...

Nice! Mind if I ask when you placed your order? Hopefully that'll give me a rough idea of when to start pacing...