Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Louisiana Gator Classic!

My second Gator come and gone. Had a blast. Staff and competitors were awesome. I want to thank all the sponsers who supported this match. You all are phenominal. I enjoyed my squad mates as well as my Stage mates. The commeraderie is like no other place. Barb &Gary Thank you for making me feel like family. You guys are terrific. Miss Annette a big thank you for the clean shirt. ;-). Kevin, Steff, Elliott and Troy - Great job.

I'll certainly be back again next year. Thank you!!! Keep up the good work.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Jeff Blackmon throwing the mag at the window video...What's funny is the gator classic has the "Blake rule" where you can not throw a mag at an activator. Now they are going to have to make a "Blackmon rule" lol

Here you go Sean

LOL, I didn't know he practiced it....Now I am not that impressed...lol, nah. I know they were telling Blake not to do it, I am sure Jeff's buddies were telling him the same. Wow!

I want to see Jeff Blackmon throwing the mag at the window video...What's funny is the gator classic has the "Blake rule" where you can not throw a mag at an activator. Now they are going to have to make a "Blackmon rule" lol

Here you go Sean

LOL, I didn't know he practiced it....Now I am not that impressed...lol, nah. I know they were telling Blake not to do it, I am sure Jeff's buddies were telling him the same. Wow!

Actually we encouraged him. I still owe him $5 for doing it.

Just an FYI regarding Jeff's throw--perfectly legal, as long as he can do it safely, and there is no "Blake Rule" in effect there, simply because that would be a local rule and those are not allowed per the rule book.

It was an outstanding match: thanks to all the competitors, sponsors, and staff who made it possible. Looking forward to next year!

WHo traveled 20 hours? I traveled 16 hours from New Mexico!

Sparky on page 5 here. Wow his 20 or your 16. Both are a bit far for me. I can get to Slidell in like 13 and I haven't made it, YET that is.

Edited by a matt

Had a great year and an outstanding gator classic, once again. My shooting was sub par but I had an excellent time CROing stage 1 and I hope everyone who made it by my stage had a good time and enjoyed themselves. I'm always open to constructive criticism so if anyone saw anything I could do to improve, please let me know. I want to thank all of the shooters who were very safety conscious on my stage. With all of the 180 opportunities to be had, I think everyone did quite well.

Since you asked... I heard several people comment on the way you would end a run, saying "IF,,, you are finished..." in a way that made pretty much all of them think they had missed something and needed to go back and check! Granted, at least one person in our group forgot the two small poppers on the right. But seriously, great job on stage #1.

Had a great year and an outstanding gator classic, once again. My shooting was sub par but I had an excellent time CROing stage 1 and I hope everyone who made it by my stage had a good time and enjoyed themselves. I'm always open to constructive criticism so if anyone saw anything I could do to improve, please let me know. I want to thank all of the shooters who were very safety conscious on my stage. With all of the 180 opportunities to be had, I think everyone did quite well.

Since you asked... I heard several people comment on the way you would end a run, saying "IF,,, you are finished..." in a way that made pretty much all of them think they had missed something and needed to go back and check! Granted, at least one person in our group forgot the two small poppers on the right. But seriously, great job on stage #1.

Hahah. Totally unintentional. I'm a bit of a range command nazi so I try to be as articulate as possible. :P

Ironically, you'd be surprised how many FTEs we had on that right port on USP that would be considered "wide open" by most standards.

Edited by spanky

Spanky,

I thought you did good ro'ing but you really should consider the feelings of the shooter when you use such harsh and ineffectual tones in your commands. I feel like we have grown apart. It's not me, it's you. :)

In the future, I will attempt to alter the inflection in my commands to more appropriately convey my adoration for you. <3

Just an FYI regarding Jeff's throw--perfectly legal, as long as he can do it safely, and there is no "Blake Rule" in effect there, simply because that would be a local rule and those are not allowed per the rule book.

It was an outstanding match: thanks to all the competitors, sponsors, and staff who made it possible. Looking forward to next year!

Every Gator match that I have been to after blake threw his mag at the stomp box, they have always specified in the stage description that the activator(stomp box) must be activated by your foot. And they specify it with emphasis when you are squaded with him. lol

It was a great match and after all of the death threats about my stage #10, people came up and said it was awesom

I also was a victim of stage 10. The hug from Michele helped take the pain away somewhat. It was a great stage and I hope I get to try it again someday.

Well, whom is it that traveled the farthest? 20hrs to shoot a match and visit family I'm sure. That is a ways to drive. I'm sure the match was great it sells out fast but 20hrs?

Matt,

That would be me and I will do it again next year. This is my last year as a Senior,

will be Super Senior next year. My wife also came with me. We visited our youngest

daughter and her family in South Alabama and then drove to the match (5 hours) and

then back to her place for another week. Can't get enough of those grandkids. Looked

at a few houses and maybe next year it will only be 5 hours!!! Was a great match with

great people running it.

Ron Vandergrift, aka/Sparky

Every Gator match that I have been to after blake threw his mag at the stomp box, they have always specified in the stage description that the activator(stomp box) must be activated by your foot. And they specify it with emphasis when you are squaded with him. lol

It was not specified this year, at all. It's not legal to specify that, and if I'm RM, it won't be.

Troy

• 2 months later...

I almost missed the Gator last year because I am one of those silly people who just looks at websites instead of reading all the forums. That being said we had a ball and want to make sure we get signed up for our fifth Gator this year. Do we have any additional information about when signup will start and how notice will be posted?