Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Louisiana Gator Classic!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I misread the app that said JRs - $70

I'm not the only one with this same sticker shock - go read the MS forum that it was posted this morning - 3-4 have made the same comment.

Edited by bsdubois00

We couldn't go last year due to work commitments, but we went in 2011 and my junior (Carter) shot for free. Barbara refunded the registration fee.

Brandon, if you started shooting 3gun you'd need 6 more new guns!

Brandon,

I was the first person to recommend that the price go up. I'm paying my own way, BTW.

If you have a product that sells out as fast as the gator fills up, why not increase the price to level out supply and demand? That is simple economics. You either have to make the match something that less people want to attend, or go up on the price. The Gator fills up fast for all the right reasons. The best match staff, Ro's, prizes, local flavor, etc that you will ever see at at match.

The facility isn't capable of accommodating more than 225-250 or so shooters so it can't be opened up to any more than that.

Brandon, you of all people, know the people in charge of putting that match on. So you think they are pocketing the money? Hell no, they are spending every penny to put on an even better match and prize table for YOU and me and everybody else. A person with your skills should appreciate a very, very, deeeeeeeeep prize table.

Let me be the first one to make the recommendation again, if it fills up in two weeks again, go up again.

Where did I say anything about them pocketing the money?

Jeff - Ask Bo about The Cowtown Classic last weekend I believe the comment that was made was "The GOLD STANDARD of all matches"

I just don't see the reasoning for the increase - if you can charge $145-150 and fill up in 7 days what extra do the competitors get for the extra $25-30? Or is it just "we filled up fast last year - lets charge more this year"?

Last year was an AREA match for $165 - the same Area match this year is $150. What changed from Area 4 last year to LA Gator this year for the more money? RO's still pay to work, Jr's still pay with the possibility of being reimbursed, there is still only lunch served free on 1 day. Again - I'm not the only one with this opinion - just the only one voicing it on here.

http://www.msgunowners.com/t41174-louisiana-gator-apps <-- feel free to see for yourself

As you fill out your registration applications for the 2013 Gator Classic, please consider shooting Single Stack Division. A number of people I have spoken with say that they would shoot the division if only there was more competition. At the Alabama Sectionals this year, there were 26 competitors in Single Stack Division. I think that we could beat that at this year’s Gator. Since the creation of Single Stack Division, the Gator Classic has had between 11 and 16 competitors shoot the division. I know there are people out there that enjoy shooting the gun and would compete in the division if there was more competition.

If you have a 1911 and would like to shoot it, but there just isn’t enough competition for your liking, please register for Single Stack division for the 2013 Gator Classic.

Where do you think the money is going? I can tell you that is it going to put on a better match for you.

I have been to a bunch of matches, and finished pretty well in most of them. The amount of times where I got something off the prize table that was worth more than my entry fee I can count on one hand.

Pro am - won a gun

La gator 2010

La gator 2011

La gator 2012

I won 2nd master at the FLA open which cost me easily $1,200 to attend -won $50

Won first a at space city last year - got a mini uplula.

I know of no other match where you are guaranteed the caliber of prizes that you are at the gator. If cowtown is one, great, ill go next year.

Your insinuation is that the increase isn't worth it. I have a solution for you. Don't write the check. Don't send your app in. It won't cost you a dime.

Sounds like you need to get better and win 1st master next year at FL Open.

Also you can't compare random draw table at space city to an order of finish. Sucks you have bad luck but think of how much easier your mags are to load now.

I dropped mine off at the Post Office this morning at 0830. I shot teh Gators in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and have enjoyed all of them. One of my squad amtes in 2010 was Brian Dubois, and he is a good guy so ya'll leave him alone, even if he is a rabble roouser.