JThompson

Sleep?

58 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GrumpyOne said:

Don Julio is very good. Have you tried Tres Generacion Anejo?

Good stuff...

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Any alcohol (even the Good Stuff) is BAD for sleep.....

It will help you fall asleep, but you won't sleep very long - and then you

will NOT be able to fall back asleep.

Sleep is vastly overrated ....    :) 

If a person gets 8 hours of sleep per night, they are sleeping 1/3rd of their life away. Learn to get by on less, you get more life for the same amount of time.

3 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

If a person gets 8 hours of sleep per night, they are sleeping 1/3rd of their life away. Learn to get by on less, you get more life for the same amount of time.

If only it were that simple. Most people I know who don't sleep very much are sedentary or elderly. With the amount of activity I have if I sleep fewer than 8 hours a night for much longer than a few days I start getting dinged up in training and developing cold like symptoms. The problems almost always promptly go away when I start sleeping more again. Some of us actually need the 8 hours a night to recover and function at 100%.

I tell people I train to sleep as much as they can without getting divorced or fired.

I get up early to dryfire and/or go to the gym.  Occcassionally i wont be able to get to bed on time for a while and i start falling behind.  I also will start to get sick or not be able to focus.  I dont think any prolonged sleep deprivation is good physically or mentally.  If you are training, you need to recover.

12 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

1 hour ago, BenBreeg said:

I dont think any prolonged sleep deprivation is good physically or mentally.

This explains some things. 

21 hours ago, benos said:

Definitely. And do not mix alcohol with anything, especially anything with sugar in it. And since you like tequila, have you ever tried Don Julio Anejo? It's money!

tequila is a drunk white girl drink.....I expected better from you...

the bench

or Herradura Ultra Anejo...  LOL  I have a collection that is probably has 90% Mexican tax stamps.  Good tequila is awesome and can be very cheap (at least down there).