Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet sources

raggedclaws

What do you all find to be the most cost effective way to buy bullets: on-line stores or local gun shops? I just priced some bullets from Midway but the shipping seemed pretty high to me. If you all get them on-line what are some other sources that I might try. I'm going to be loading .38 Spec for revolvers.

Thanks, Kim

You can get Montana Gold bullets either directly from the company @ www.Montanagoldbullet.com or you can get them from Manny Bragg @ www.mannyusa.com . Montana Gold includes shipping in their prices, but Manny only charges you $10 for shipping but I think you'll find his low prices far outweigh the extra cost of shipping. :)

Check out Precision Delta, there 38spcl bullets run from $68 to $72 per thousand. Buy two thousand and shiping is free. These are plated but they have lead also.

Precision Delta has plated bullets now? Interesting, all the ones I've got were jacketed and I'm not seeing plated on their web site.

You can get Montana Gold bullets either directly from the company @ www.Montanagoldbullet.com or you can get them from Manny Bragg @ www.mannyusa.com . Montana Gold includes shipping in their prices, but Manny only charges you $10 for shipping but I think you'll find his low prices far outweigh the extra cost of shipping. :)

6 CASE Minimum! I wish I shot enough to buy that many bullets at a time. Much less afford it.

6 CASE Minimum! I wish I shot enough to buy that many bullets at a time. Much less afford it.

Montana Gold sells direct by the thousand or the case. Three or six cases gets a discount the last I looked. I buy 'em six at a time. Buy once, cry once and you'll have them for a couple years. I don't get to shoot much either compared to most of the folks here. I only went through 6K rounds in ALL of '09. :(

What do you all find to be the most cost effective way to buy bullets: on-line stores or local gun shops? I just priced some bullets from Midway but the shipping seemed pretty high to me. If you all get them on-line what are some other sources that I might try. I'm going to be loading .38 Spec for revolvers.

Thanks, Kim

on-line

+1 to online purchasing. Some folks are lucky enough to have a bullet maker in their area that has good pricing. But the best deals are typically from the online stores mentioned. I like Manny Bragg. 6 cases ain't alot if you get 3 or 4 guys together.

Thanks, Kim

Doesn't Midway offer the USPS Flat Rate now for shipping?

Thanks, Kim

Doesn't Midway offer the USPS Flat Rate now for shipping?

NO!!!!!!!!

How about Zero! Great company and great products,

but they have a long backorder last time I went there,

hope they catch up- cuz I sure do like those 125JHP in

my open gun. angry.gif

When I order Montana Golds from Manny Bragg, or direct from Montana Gold (doesnt matter which) if they have 'em in stock, they ship almost immediately. Gotta love fast shipping. :cheers:

Thanks, Kim

Montana Gold, Black Bullets International, Powder Valley, are the people I have ordered from online. I did not find their pricing to be bad really. I can get Bear Creek locally chaper when I want moly-coated bullets. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these. If you have some buddies that reload and want to go in on an order, it cuts down on the price too. That seems to be the common way to purchase them at our club. This comes in handy more so when ordering primers and powder as it really offsets the hazmat fees.

Good luck, let us know what you chose and how it woeked out for you.

JZ

Have you checked out two alpha bullet company on line? They are a company out of Davenport, Iowa. They only sell lead bullets. They will ship 2000 bullets for $10. It is good quality lead. I think, if I remember right, they sell .38 cal 158gr bullet for about $55 per thousand. So, you can get 2000 bullets for about $130 shipped. I order from them and have never had a problem.

Craig

I can get Missouri Bullets locally for $64/K out the door. Two Alpha barely beats that when I buy 3K (9mm 147gr) and that ends up at ~$60/K. Anyone know of a cheaper lead bullet thats still quality ? If I can get 147gr BBI for $65 Shipped (case price), would I be better off going the moly route ?

I can get Missouri Bullets locally for $64/K out the door. Two Alpha barely beats that when I buy 3K (9mm 147gr) and that ends up at ~$60/K. Anyone know of a cheaper lead bullet thats still quality ? If I can get 147gr BBI for $65 Shipped (case price), would I be better off going the moly route ?

I switched to BBI because of the price per thousand if you buy 3000 at a time, the accuracy is better than lead and there is less mess and way less smoke with moly. I'm using the 130 right now but, I have shot quite a few 147's and they all work just fine through my CZ and M&P. WSF is a good powder with lead and moly for 9 minor loads.

I switched to BBI because of the price per thousand if you buy 3000 at a time, the accuracy is better than lead and there is less mess and way less smoke with moly. I'm using the 130 right now but, I have shot quite a few 147's and they all work just fine through my CZ and M&P. WSF is a good powder with lead and moly for 9 minor loads.

thanks BM. Ive ordered a few sample packs in 9mm and 45, but still waiting on their arrival. The case price is good, and if they are that much better than lead, I'll probably be switching, even though Im very happy with my 3.4gr Solo 1K and 147gr lfp.

Zero bullets at www.shootersconnection.com

Free (and rocket fast) shipping. I ordered Sunday and they arrived Wednesday (Monday was Fed holiday).

Dave

I just checked shooters connection and they only seem to have .38 Super. I'm looking for some lead bullets, mainly .38 Spec 148gr WCs

Have you checked out two alpha bullet company on line? They are a company out of Davenport, Iowa. They only sell lead bullets. They will ship 2000 bullets for $10. It is good quality lead. I think, if I remember right, they sell .38 cal 158gr bullet for about $55 per thousand. So, you can get 2000 bullets for about $130 shipped. I order from them and have never had a problem.

Craig

Thanks, Craig. I checked out their website and their prices and shipping sound very good. I guess I can't order online, so do I call them with my order and do they accept credit cards for payment? I'd call now but I'm in Ca. and I'm sure that it's getting late back there.

I am going to try what a bunch of guys around here are doing. They back tracked the lead bullets the local retailer was selling to a small town not far away. they do group buys and drive directly to the maker and fill up the back of a truck with no shipping and a discount for their own containers...doesn,t get any cheaper then that. I think Sweeney started the idea in his 1911 books...