Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If You Could Have Any Gun What Would It Be?

Just curious if you could have any gun in the world regardless of price what would it be? Keep in mind you wouldn't be able to sell it to make a profit to buy other guns. This will be the ONLY gun you could own and you MUST use it for everything. With that said what would you get? I would prob. have the same SVI that I just bought. Maybe just have it built by a different gunsmith.

What would you buy?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well......, lets see. One gun for everything? What is everything? Defense, hunting...and so on? I would have to take my Remington 870. Shotguns are the most versitile firearm there is. Or did I miss the point of this topic. :huh: TXAG

Yes, the gun would have to do everything from self defense to competition to hunting etc. If you were only able to own 1 gun what would it be? It is a scary thought to just have one gun in the safe. Just remember back in the day when we all had just one gun...

Really tough question.

I'd love to say a handgun because that's where my passion lies. But truth be known if I had to cut down to one gun I'd probably pick that new Tikka rifle in 30-06.

My logic is that if I could only own one gun then things have probably deteriorated. I'd want to get out somewhere where I could live seperate from society. That would require a gun that I could take game with reliably.

If the question were handgun specific - I'd probably go with a Freedom Arms in .41 Mag. Again a gun that I could use as a tool. Again not banking on life being really fun if that's my situation (only one gun). I'd pick that one because it would be 100% reliable until the day I died.

My true love is a single stack .45 though. So a TRP in .45 would be my absolute favorite gun.

Clearly I can't answer the question - but for me the question revolves around the situation. BY that I mean, what is the situation of the world. The answer to the only gun question can only be answered if one knows what the circumstances are.

Doesn't it suck - an old IPSC shooter picking a bolt action rifle, and then a single action revolver - as guns of choice???? What is the world coming too??

JB

I would want a pistol built from parts by Darrel Stonebraker.

I'd want:

• either a Para gunsmith kit or Bul M5 frame, or even a Springfield widebody frame
  • S-V slide with the interchangeable breechface
  • barrels, mags, etc. for .45, 10mm, and 9x23mm, or just individual top ends for each
  • short trigger, about a 3# pull, +/- half a pound or so
  • frame contoured for small hands
  • 0.090-0.100 wide front sight with tritium dot insert
  • MMC or similar adjustable rear with tritium bar insert
  • big mag well contoured to match frame that I could remove for carry if I wanted

The other details like hammer, sear, etc. would be determined later. ;)

My Dad went through this exercise for real about 50 years ago. He flew in the Air Force and had the option of choosing his survival weapon. Everyone will think this is f'ing nuts, but he ended up with a 6" Colt 22 Revolver with the cylinders overbored so he could run either 22LR or 22 Mag. It was the go everywhere, do everything gun. Accurate enough to hit a deer out to 75 yards. Lightweight, cheap ammo. It still packed enough punch with the 22 mag to put the hurt on the bad guys.

We absolutely plinked the hell out of that gun when I was a kid. Mucho fun. If I had to pick a "Desert Island" gun, that one would still head to the top of the list.

STI frame with a Limted/carry upper and a open upper.

If we are playing SHTF games, then a AR lower with a shorty CQB upper, belt-fed upper, and a 24" long-range upper.

I like options even with one gun :)

Alex

I would probably still stick with my G17.

Tough question though, although the self-defense aspect is only theoretical for us here in Europe.

But still, also in that aspect I trust that the G17 will do it's thing when push comes to shove :-)

M4A1 sopmod kit plus a couple of uppers, tons of loaded mags and couple of ammunition boxes (you know, those made of wood with a big rope on each side, carrying few thousands of rounds )

:)

But I hope that doesn't mean we'll have to keep only one gun !

BTW, if I give more than one answer, can I keep it all ?

;)

Well, it didn't say you could only have one gun so I assume I can keep the ones I already have :D

That doesn't say it makes this any easier. I even had to sleep on this. I'd say a Steyr Aug A2 (A2 has the rail). And we're talkin' the real one with the rock and roll switch!! :P

I'll be the wierd one. My WWII Mauser K98k. 60+ years old, and shoots better then I can with open sights. 8mm Mauser will take down anything on the planet with proper hits. Controled feeding is a great thing, and striper clips can be faster then mags. As much as I like the laminated wood and the orginal looks, if I had to plan for a long trip in the wild I would replace the stock with a polymer one and suplement the iron sights with a scout scope.

Vlad

:wacko: Well, lets see...

If that gun would be "THE ONLY ONE" and provided that I don't have to kill my meals, I guess I'd pick an STI with the standard length dust cover in .40S&W to shoot IPSC and defense and add a Mech-Tech carbine conversion to play rifle. You see I'm not much of rifleman.

Cheers,

:blink: