Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what all the fuss is. If you leave them critters alone for a few days they are real easy to find.

And if you leave them alone a few more days they fall off on there own too :huh:

:devil:

For those of you traveling to the match from the East, be aware that I-40 is closed from Western North Carolina heading into Tennessee.

The N.C. Department of Transportation has established a plan to begin cleaning up and stabilizing the area where a rock slide occurred on I-40 early Sunday October 25, 2009. The interstate is closed at Exit 20 in North Carolina and at Exit 451 in Tennessee.

I-40 was scheduled to be open by late March, but this has been pushed back to late April (which likely means this will be closed for travel to and from the match so plan a 45 min-1 hr. detour)

The NC DOT has updates every few days so check the website prior to your trip (detour options are listed on the website and mapquest has the detour information as well but your GPS probably will not)

NC DOT Update on Rock Slide and I-40 Closure

Andy, you may want to put this info/link on the match website as well and save a few shooters a giant headache on their way to the match.

Edited by DMAC

DMAC,

Thanks for the suggestion. The website is updated. I hope you don't mind the plagiarism, but said you said it all very well!

Andy

Andy,

I'm just glad that you thought it would be helpful. If you miss the detour route (which would be easy to do) and keep going until you reach the location where I-40 is closed, it would probably add about 2 hours to the trip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will be ahead of schedule, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by DMAC

Hi Folks,

The 2010 sponsors of the BRM3G are finally listed on the Sponsors Page of the match website. Remember to make your purchases from the companies who are so generous to our sport!

You will also find the Squad List at the bottom of the page. FYI: Don't even let the thought of requesting a change in squads enter your mind!!!! The only changes that will occur before the match will be if there are shooters who drop out, and the last folks who got into the match will be moved to even out the squads.

Andy

BTW, Stages are posted on the match website. Check the Updates/Results page and follow the link.

Edited by AFH

wow, interesting squad matrix. gonna make things interesting since I'm not on the squad with the two other guys I'm riding with... IN MY TRUCK. :rolleyes:

That will be difficult as you will need to drive to different ranges at different times.

Craig

wow, interesting squad matrix. gonna make things interesting since I'm not on the squad with the two other guys I'm riding with... IN MY TRUCK. :rolleyes:

Ken,

Who is riding with you? I saw that Dave C. is squaded with the wife and I. We can make room for your passengers if needed.

Hmmmmm.... it might get a little crowded in our vehicle... maybe it's time to get a bigger truck!?!?! :D

Mo

Can the slings be taken off on the stages where they aren't required, or do they need to stay on throughout the match?

We could last year, most of the stages you did not need one == I would be surprised if Andy replied to that question though

Jamie- yes, but only for you.

:)

DMAC, as a native I feel it my duty to inform you of the Kentucky Bourbon Act. Any Bourbon re-imported to the State must undergo a battery of tests to be sure it hasn't been contaminated. I humbly submit myself for this testing.

Ken,

I can help out with transporting your two passengers. They'll get to the stages one way or another.