Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

JUST SAW THIS ON THE NRA BLOG - CRAZY WEATHER

With severe storms bringing thunder, lighting, and heavy rains to Park City, Kentucky, the competition for today at the Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun has come to a close and will resume tomorrow morning.

Tonight's dinner, auctions, and concert will still be held, but the terms of the competition have changed. Rather than having scores from all the stages combined to determine the winner in each classification, the prize table will now be awarded based on a random drawing. Competitors will still shoot their remaining scheduled stages tomorrow, but scores will not count.

The $5,000 3-Gun Nation shoot-off will now be based on the scores from Stage 4 rather than all ten stages and is still scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30 p.m.

Check back tomorrow from more live coverage of the 2010 Sabre Defence Blue Ridge 3-Gun Championship at the Rockcastle Shooting Center.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST SAW THIS ON THE NRA BLOG - CRAZY WEATHER

With severe storms bringing thunder, lighting, and heavy rains to Park City, Kentucky, the competition for today at the Sabre Defence Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun has come to a close and will resume tomorrow morning.

Competitors will still shoot their remaining scheduled stages tomorrow, but scores will not count.

Yeah, the weather is crazy, weather channel showed lightning, massive rain, high winds, hail, tornadoes... I expexted to see the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse come riding through at any time. Soooo, the match is over now. Andy has decreed that you may shoot any stage tomorrow morning that you havent yet shot, except stg 8. The FNH 3 Gun will be decided by a random draw of competitors who had a top 10 finish on any stage. 32 names were drawn for the shootoffs to begin at 7:15 tomorrow morning. Off the top of my head, from right here on the forum, we have Jamie Foote, Maurice Griffin, Rob Romero, and Tod Litt.

The weather has put a crimp on finishing this match, but that doesnt mean we didnt have a damn good time here doing the stages that we were able to complete. Between the high round counts, challenging shooting positions, and creative use of terrain I WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.

and can i just say THE CAVE ROCKED!!!!!

Edited by ken hebert

I don't think they have selected everyone yet. Everyone is to

shoot stage 4 if they haven't already. 4 will be the stage the

shootoff is determined by.

That is the way I understood it to be.

However it turns out, tomorrow will probably be a sloppy mess at the range.

It was slippery and muddy in areas this morning just from the little bit of

rain overnight Friday.

Craig

rain overnight Friday.

Craig

They changed the stage 4 requirement. That was to be the determining stage for the 3 Gun Nation shoot off, they did the random drawing from shooters that were in the top 10 of any stage.

rain overnight Friday.

Craig

They changed the stage 4 requirement. That was to be the determining stage for the 3 Gun Nation shoot off, they did the random drawing from shooters that were in the top 10 of any stage.

OK. I guess I missed that part.

Curious how they could determine the top 10 from each stage

when not all stages have been shot by all. It wouldn't apply

to me anyway the match I had.

Craig

Andy I am sorry the weather worked out that way...... feel for you man.

Running a match for 100 people is hard enough and knocks me out, so managing a major match with 250 like this must be such a major undertaking, and I am sorry for the organisers at the sad end, which must leave them feeling very dissapointed as any organiser would feel, after all the efforts they put in to make it work.

From they guys I have spoken to they all praised the stages and it would have been a fantastic match, they all had fun but were naturally dissapointed, but are all eager for BR3G 2011 !

I WILL make it next year ! :rolleyes:

well all i can say is there are some people out there with too much time on their hands, when someone says shooting in a cave you do not expect them to mean it! WOW

had a great time!

thanks

and thank you Remington!

This was my first trip to BRM3G and I will be back. I just hope Mother Nature never signs up again.... :blink:

The stages I got a chance to shoot were great. They were challenging and fun without being over the top. My hat is off to Andy and everyone else that was involved. Some tough choices had to be made and the safety and satisfaction of the shooters was given the highest priority. Thanks also to all of the sponsors who help make all of this possible.

:bow:

Definately one for the record books, mother nature had her way with us, we didn't get to finish the match but we still had a good time with our friends. I would like to put out a BIG THANKS and great job to all the folks at Rock Castle Shooting Center for making us all feel like family and taking such good care of us through the weekend and weather, Jim, Nate, Nick and the entire staff are like extended family to many of us now and anyone who gets a chance should go visit them for any of the events and activities they offer, you will not be disappointed, they have put together a great place with sporting clays, golf, hunting, firearms instruction and shooting in on beautiful location. A huge thanks to all the sponsors who supported the match and who were at it with us through it all, great to see you all again and have the even more time to socialize with you. The great entertainment from a couple real professional singers and down right nice folks, along with the standup comedy of many of our well relaxed friends. Many thanks to the battered, bruised and abused RO's who worked so hard, thanks again and we know how tough it is and how disappointing to not have it all fall into place due to things beyond control after working so hard, the end takes nothing away from your hard work. And as always it was great to see old friends and make many more new ones, look forward to seeing you at the rest of the 3 gun matches in the future.

One of the highlights of the match was the inspirational speaking of Tom Fuller on the Wounded Warrior Project before the auction and reminding us all of the sacrifices that these people have made and what we can still do to support them, thanks Tom

adios

jc

Any results?

Seriously? Read the posts. The match was cancelled and the awards were done by drawing. Most people, from what I heard did not shoot stages on Sunday.

I feel for Andy and his staff. That is a lot of work and worry to end up having to cancel.

M

Definately one for the record books, mother nature had her way with us, we didn't get to finish the match but we still had a good time with our friends. I would like to put out a BIG THANKS and great job to all the folks at Rock Castle Shooting Center for making us all feel like family and taking such good care of us through the weekend and weather, Jim, Nate, Nick and the entire staff are like extended family to many of us now and anyone who gets a chance should go visit them for any of the events and activities they offer, you will not be disappointed, they have put together a great place with sporting clays, golf, hunting, firearms instruction and shooting in on beautiful location. A huge thanks to all the sponsors who supported the match and who were at it with us through it all, great to see you all again and have the even more time to socialize with you. The great entertainment from a couple real professional singers and down right nice folks, along with the standup comedy of many of our well relaxed friends. Many thanks to the battered, bruised and abused RO's who worked so hard, thanks again and we know how tough it is and how disappointing to not have it all fall into place due to things beyond control after working so hard, the end takes nothing away from your hard work. And as always it was great to see old friends and make many more new ones, look forward to seeing you at the rest of the 3 gun matches in the future. One of the highlights of the match was the inspirational speaking of Tom Fuller on the Wounded Warrior Project before the auction and reminding us all of the sacrifices that these people have made and what we can still do to support them, thanks Tomadiosjc

+100

There was a lot of though and planing that when into the ten changeling and fun fill stages.

I'm glad we all got to shoot at lease 60% of the stages and more for fun on Sunday!

Thanks Again to All who put in to make this a must shoot match of the Year!!!! :bow::cheers: :cheers:

We only got 6 stages in, but managed to get some good video of 5 of the 6 stages we completed (stage 8, no video of course as it was the blind stage).

Hope next year the weather cooperates better. Good seeing everyone.

Edited by cold

Any results?

Seriously? Read the posts. The match was cancelled and the awards were done by drawing. Most people, from what I heard did not shoot stages on Sunday.

I feel for Andy and his staff. That is a lot of work and worry to end up having to cancel.

M

Yeah seriously! Did they randomly draw for the $5000 too? I'm still curious to see the times on the stages that were shot!

Edited by jtischauser

For those of you driving back towards NC or who would otherwise like to use I-40: A couple of us caravanned right through on 40 across the TN/NC border area last night at o'dark-thirty. It is confirmed opened both ways (supposedly opened up at 1800h yesterday). It got me an extra hour of sleep before heading out to work this morning!

Again, to everyone, thanks again and a great time was had by all, regardless of the weather!

Awesome Match! Thanks to Andy & Mike for giving me a chance to be on their team and see up close how a world class event is executed with style and grace under difficult circumstances. The stages were fantastic and the Rockcastle facility is great. I enjoyed how the character of the stages fit the surroundings.

This is a physically challenging match! I know a lot was said early on about being in shape but you never really know what to expect until you've been there. A lot of matches reward good conditioning with a better finish. This one requires it for a decent result.

Can't wait to come back next year.