Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

Usually, optional means you get to choose which gun to shoot a target with.

Maybe there are steel plates on a stage that you can shoot with pistol or shot. Then those would be optional for pistol and for shot. There might be paper optional rifle or pistol or even slug.

Andy gives you some choices in his stages.

I wish it was 48 bonus pistol targets, but I think it just means you may not shoot those rounds with your pistol, but with another gun etc!

It's just my guess, but I think I'm close!

Hope that helps!

Denise

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks , that is more what I was thinking , I forgot about the stage last year the shooter could use shot or handgun moving up the hill in the woods, but the shooter was limited to only having 20 rounds for the hand-gun.

I figure a week from today I will have it figured outmellow.gif

Well, the engine eating deadly ash is still stopping any international flights out of England so this match is well and truely over for me before I even got Stateside ! :(

I spoke to Guy Savage, owner of Sabre, earlier and I think his plans are scuppered to.

Oh well, looks like a trip in August for the Pan Ams followed by RM3G is on the cards ! :D

Hopefully JJ and Denise will have a little ol' slot for moi !

Have a great match guys.

Mike

Well, the engine eating deadly ash is still stopping any international flights out of England so this match is well and truely over for me before I even got Stateside ! :(

I spoke to Guy Savage, owner of Sabre, earlier and I think his plans are scuppered to.

Oh well, looks like a trip in August for the Pan Ams followed by RM3G is on the cards ! :D

Have a great match guys.

Mike

That sucks... Darn volcanoes...

Hope to see you at Ft Benning in December instead :)

To quote a friend of mine...

"That volcano's an a_-hole!"

'Screwed her outta her travel plans this week too...

Have a great match guys.

Mike

And since you will be here with nothing to do, I bet they could even put you to work in Raton! :)

We got in this afternoon after driving the 19 hours straight through from Colorado.

The few stages we managed to see, we were tired, and I talk too much...looked really good, though difficult.

I've only punched Andy once for his evil stage designs...oh wait, I only saw 3 stages. I think he has at least 2 more punches coming! :roflol:

Seriously, looks good, but hard. It is, afterall, BlueRidge. :cheers:

The staff looked tired but happy! Rock Castle is really coming along with a lot of improvements since last year!

It was great seeing everyone!

We will miss those of you overseas!

Only found 1 tick on JJ today! Yeah!

Denise reporting...still on a Diet Rockstar high!

Took my pistol out yesterday to check some new ammo and zero for the match and it went BRRRRAP! Lucky I have a local smith, John Larsen, JPL Precision, that got it fixed today. Flight leaves at 6:15AM, should be at the range by about 5PM. Looks like we may need rain gear.

Doug

Wow Mike, what a shame. The main reason I was saving my capacity to imbibe.

Hate that you had to miss. What a freak thing. Merlin just missed being stranded in Germany.

Will really miss you mate. I was hoping I would be able to help you with the ticks.

Yes I do remember.

Hope everyone else has safe travel and look forward to seeing all.

The sharpener.a

The three Muskyteers got in yesterday afternnon, checked into the hotel and raced to the range...

If you give Andy a couple hundred acres of woods, hills, valleys, and meadows - he can sure come up with some interesting stages. So far, stage 4 wins the prize:

A 250 yard full frontal attack by your whole squad up San Juan hill including pistol at 100 yards.

In 90 minutes of gingerly looking at 3 stages, Cheryl only got 1 tick. pretty good, only one!!

Sweeeet.

United lost a couple of our bags and they have no idea where they are.

Back at the hotel, when getting the stuff ready for tomorrow, I notice that the illumination in my Meopta is dead and it's not a battery issue.. it's dead...

What a great way to start a match that hasnt even started yet!

Can't wait for the rain to start....

Sweeeet.

Back at the hotel, when getting the stuff ready for tomorrow, I notice that the illumination in my Meopta is dead and it's not a battery issue.. it's dead...

Sounds like one of my matches.

Hope it all works out. If you need gear, see my amigo and RO Sean McCanne. Big red headed SOB with a beard that more then likely houses a coon or two.

Mike

Sweeeet.

Sounds like one of my matches.

Hope it all works out. If you need gear, see my amigo and RO Sean McCanne. Big red headed SOB with a beard that more then likely houses a coon or two.

Mike

Thanks!

Between our squad buddies and some nice ROs we were able to get hold of enough stuff to get by and our bags showed up today, so tomorrow we'll be all set :)