Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship – April 23-25, 2010

Well I'm just about packed up. I need to buy some more birdshot...I just went through a bunch at High Plains. I'll be headed that way on Monday for the RO shoot and then I'll follow you guys around for a few days.

See you there!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been to this one. From what I'm getting after readin the thread I need to leave my cart at home and drive to the stages? Just want to be prepared. Already got the insect repel, and plenty of nervous energy.

You would have been able to use your cart on only one stage last year. It was a 200 yard hike down a hill. It would have been a pain to push back up though. At the other stage w/ a 200 yard walk from the truck to the shooting area the terrain was too rough for a cart.

I think we're going to see some new range areas this year, so who knows what to expect. Don't forget the ibuprofen.

Edited by Bryan 45

Ammo is enroute and tracking for Monday delivery. I'm flying into Nashville on Tuesday to shoot with the other RO's. This match is gonna be great! See y'all on stage 3. :D

Edited by Blockhead

I checked the weather today as well and although I am disappointed, I'm up for the challenge, except I don't have waterproof gear that is going to be comfortable in 83 degrees!

Getting to some stages may be a challenge, especially if we drive through fields to get there. The local farmers may get to make some extra income pulling folks out. Anyone up for a hay ride? :):D:cheers:

I had no trouble getting to any of the stages last year in a car. IIRC, there was one muddy section on a road and it was easy to avoid. You have to remember that Andy and his crew have to be able to get the steel into the stage sites and even with 4WD, a thousand pounds of steel makes a pickup unwieldy in the mud.

Done setting up all but 2 stages...MD and set-up staff start shooting today! We will shoot some brush from around the targets for you'all, under the clock of course:-(

You can drive pretty close to all stages, a good double rifle case and another bag for ammo is my suggestion. I have a cart here but don't see myself using it.

Ticks are in full force...bring the bug spray!

RLTW,

Scott

PS: a couple of shooters have dropped out, some calls have been made to waiting list shooters.

Bug spray won't keep ticks off. I'm coming anyway.smile.gif

Some help to hide you from them. There are a couple things you can do to keep them to a tolerable level.

1) Don't lean on trees, or sit on the ground. Get one of those little $14.00 tripod stools from gander mntn. Worth every penny.

2) Tape the bottom of your pant legs and tuck them into your boots. Great tick control and you get that extra Tacti-cool look as a bonus. (keep your shirt tucked in as well)

I also have heard that kentucky Bourbon is a natural tic repellant....If consumed the night before :sick:

Edited by mpeltier

Bug spray won't keep ticks off. I'm coming anyway.smile.gif

Some help to hide you from them. There are a couple things you can do to keep them to a tolerable level.

1) Don't lean on trees, or sit on the ground. Get one of those little $14.00 tripod stools from gander mntn. Worth every penny.

2) Tape the bottom of your pant legs and tuck them into your boots. Great tick control and you get that extra Tacti-cool look as a bonus. (keep your shirt tucked in as well)

I also have heard that kentucky Bourbon is a natural tic repellant....If consumed the night before :sick:

That last one sounds good.

Just got done shooting stages 1 2 and 3...whew, had to take some targets from both 2 and 3...and yes, you can thank

me later for shooting some of the brush away and feeding the ticks:-) slinging a shotgun sounds easy enough, a

little hard to move quickly though.

RLTW,

Scott

Just a side note, one of the BRM3G sponsers is Bugband and all ahooters will get a one day supply in thier shooters bag. This is a non-deet bug/insect repelent, please check thier web site for more information. The web site is listed on the BRM3G site.

RLTW,

Scott

Is there any brand more effective than others???

I dont think the tics care :cheers:

Edited by mpeltier