Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am curious to what everyone is paying for range dues, for those who belong to a club.

Our club has 112 Acres, 8 ranges and about 800 memberships. We pay $75 a year and $25 for a NRA Membership (mandatory). New members pay a one time $100 joining fee that goes into our maintenance fund.

Around here the big landed, member owned and operated clubs run $50-$75 a year for membership.

Compare that to the local indoor and outdoor public ranges that sell unlimited yearly shooting memberships for $350.

I shoot in a local indoor club that is exclusively for pistol calibers (handgun or rifle). The range is only 50' with 6 shooting positions. But since it is a private club, I can shoot any time I want and can usually time it to be the only one there, which allows me to set up multiple targets.

Dues are $75 + NRA membership + one work day

There are also a number of different events and "leagues" that collect a small amount to pay for themselves.

My club has 58+ acres, seven ranges varying from 50 to 300 yards. It costs me $350/year plus membership in the Canadian Sports Shooting Association.

It's 10 minutes from my door, at the edge of the built up area around Toronto.

We're at $110 per year... Including a huge covered "public line", 7 concrete/RR-Tie practical bays, and 4-5 other bays for Practical Shooting. Its a bit pricier in Tampa, FL... But the shooting is YEAR ROUND. Oh yeah... I forgot. Full liqueur bar. Shhhhhhh...

JeffWard

$85 a year, $50 one time for new members. NRA membership required.

4 pistol bays, one with a building, two with canvas "carport" covers, one open.

Rifle building with 25, 50, 100 yd targets, 200 yd available. 350 members max.

$250.00 yearly membership and is limited to about 300 members. We have 7 pits, 200yd rifle range, 100/50yd rifle range, 75yd 22cal rifle pit, 3 plate racks, pnuematic hogans alley, and shotgun pit w/two throwers. Members get a key to the gate and are alowed one guest.......

Matt

$250 per year at my local outdoor range which is only eight minutes from my house. It has a 100 yard rifle bay and two 25 yard pistol bays. All the bays have covered and paved shooting areas with tables. It also has a very nice club house and bathrooms. One of the pistol bays has two plate racks, a dueling tree, a new Texas Star and several fixed pieces of steel. It allows runnin' and gunnin' practice although I only do that when others are not present. There are only 500 total members and maybe a couple dozen who really make consistent use of the range so most of the time I'm the only one on the range.

Edited by XD Niner

I belong to the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League. http://www.bgslinc.com/index.php Membership fee is $200.00 and that includes your immediate family.

They offer Archery, Bass fishing, Bullseye, Cowboy Action, IDPA, USPSA, Skeet, Sporting Clays, and Trap. We also host the GSSF Regional match.

Pistol 6 bays

Rifle (Rimfire) up to 100 yds. Rifle (Centerfire) up to 300 yds.

Several times during the year, various members offer classes. Some of the recent classes were, Intro to AR-15 (last Sunday), Intro to IDPA (in October), Intermediate USPSA/IDPA techniques class (in September). Next Sunday is Intro to USPSA, in December will be Intermediate USPSA/IDPA techniques class, and a Armorers class for 1911's.

Below is information from the web site.

"Established in 1945 to promote the honor, dignity, and ethics of good sportsmanship among its members, the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League (BGSL) is Kentucky's largest sporting league. In addition to offering a wide range of outdoor sporting activities in Kentucky's finest facility, the BGSL practices and promotes wildlife conservation, education, and habitat restoration for both game and non-game species. We assist the Kentucky Dept. of Fish and Wildlife by establishing hunting and fishing programs and help develop Kentucky's natural resources.

Located just 4.1 miles South of Wilmore at 2500 Handy's Bend Road, the Blue Grass Sportsmen's League is a non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and the environment, hunter education, wildlife and habitat restoration, and youth education in sportsmanship.

Our 2,500 members enjoy the finest shooting sports facilities in Kentucky along with the camaraderie of our enthusiastic sportsmen. We have the opportunity to view over 300 wildlife species, enjoy lake and river fishing, and carefully managed hunting for Deer, Turkey, Quail, Dove, Pheasant, Squirrel, Duck, and Goose."

$ 300.00 first year and $150.00 per year thereafter. 225 acres+ with nice pond, boat ramp, walking trails, and nice clubhouse. Indoor and outdoor archery, Trap, Skeet, 5-stand, 24 hour access to nice indoor range. 100 yard range, 50 yard range, one 50 foot outdoor, two 75 foot outdoor, plus 3 action pistol bays for use only during matches located at the 100 yard range. (gives us 6 bays to use at matches) Active membership in USPSA, IDPA and all shotgun sports. 500+ members.

Due to a bullet striking a house last Oct, access to outdoor ranges is limited to schedule (generally 10 - 4) when RO's are on duty. Many improvments to the range have been done and we are currently putting a no blue sky system in place.

We just had all of our members go through a orientation and saftey course before being given this seasons key.

Members may bring guests, but only one person in the shooting party may be shooting at any one time. (kind of like a match)

A volunteer RO program is in place to man the range.

All ACTIVE RO's are able to access the range at anytime as reward for thier time but may only bring a guest if there is an active RO on duty.

Because most of the people in charge of the range are active shooters, the restrictions have been limited and the goals set are to create a very safe yet active facility open to all types of shooting.

Amen

Palm Springs Gun Club is $125 I think. They have 7 pistol bays that run from 70yd x 50yd to 10yd x 40 yd. some of these have long entrances that can be used for long field courses. Two bays have a single Biachi style plate rack and two have two so you don't have to bring your own targets all the time if you just want to shoot the racks. There is a 250 yd rifle range and it and all the pistol bays have shade cover as it is sunny here year round. There are three safety areas. The rifle range has ten shooting stations that are pretty well built. I can set my rifles on them with the bipod and get pretty comfortable.

The fee includes a key which opens the gate so you can shoot anytime you wish day or night. I have on occasion seen guys setting up lights with a generator to practice night time shooting. The only thing that sucks is that because of the heat here in the summer, there are no matches in July or August as people just don't show up. But that is cool because if you bring water and food, you can just take over a bay all day if you wish on these days.

Im happy so far.

$50 a year 960 acres 300 yard rifle range, 200 yard covered firing points, 50 yard covered firing points, 25 & 50 yard bullseye range covered 24 firing points and a 6 field skeet range being expanded to 10 fields for zone competition.

$50 a year 2 300 yard, 2 100 yard, ranges vary on the pistol bays but the 2007 Handgun Nationals was there.

$40 a year multiple covered firing points range to 400 yards, 22 silhouette bay to 50 yards, 100 yard bay, 8 pistol bays ranging from 50 to 75 yards.

A few 1000 square miles for shooting gophers & ground hogs in some public, some private for the asking.

$50 a year 960 acres 300 yard rifle range, 200 yard covered firing points, 50 yard covered firing points, 25 & 50 yard bullseye range covered 24 firing points and a 6 field skeet range being expanded to 10 fields for zone competition.

$50 a year 2 300 yard, 2 100 yard, ranges vary on the pistol bays but the 2007 Handgun Nationals was there.

$40 a year multiple covered firing points range to 400 yards, 22 silhouette bay to 50 yards, 100 yard bay, 8 pistol bays ranging from 50 to 75 yards.

A few 1000 square miles for shooting gophers & ground hogs in some public, some private for the asking.

Gotta love Montana!

Indoor range which is 10 lanes by 25 yards and allows any caliber basically is $350 up front plus I believe $30 a month.

Private outdoor range is $100 initiation, $65 a year for me and my wife for 6 pistol bays + 5 large rifle ranges out to 425 yards and one shotgun range with clay throwers.

I belong to three NJ clubs.

One has 7 short bays (15-50 yards) and one 100 yard bay, a shotgun field plus a 12 bay 25 yard 24/7 indoor range. $ 384 a year plus 12 work hours (work or pay) Think a Dollar A Day to shoot, nt really all that bad in those terms. Good list of varied shooting disciplines.

One has a half dozen intermediate bays 100, 200 and 300 yard rifle and general purpose bays a trap range and some other SG arrangements and a 50 foot indoor range. Under $200 a year. and a lot of rules. Good list of varied shooting disciplines.

The third is all indoor, 25 yards with 10 positions, and an underground 100 yard range. about $100 a year. Not as many disciplines as the others, but a good group of people.

Range from 20 minutes to an hour from home.

There are probably at least a half dozen more places with in an hour or two still in NJ and that many more just over the border into PA. Prices in PA are cheaper, so is land. An acre in North Jersey is probably 2-300 thousand or more and a decent starter house is over $300k

Jim

$50 a year or $500 for life membership. 10ea 25yd pistol bays(one 40yd wide with cover), 4ea 50yd pistol/rifle bays(1 with cover), 3ea 100yd covered bays, 2 300yd covered bays, shotgun area, and a 1600 foot tall backstop.(Leroy beat me to it)

$40 a year for 1000 yd capability(only open certain times) several bays in the 200-300yd range, and a 600yd bay all with cover.

Randy

Edited by h2osport

I am curious to what everyone is paying for range dues, for those who belong to a club.

Our club has 112 Acres, 8 ranges and about 800 memberships. We pay $75 a year and $25 for a NRA Membership (mandatory). New members pay a one time $100 joining fee that goes into our maintenance fund.

The $100.00 Maintenance fee is not a one time fee. If they chose to not renew their membership and have to rejoin they will have to pay the $100.00 again and again and again you get point.

But our dues are still way to cheap!

I belong to 2 clubs,

Club one is $35 per year plus $7.00 per visit, 5 action pistol bays, 200 yard range and a 100 and 50 yard public range plus trap, skeet and 5 stand for $5.00 per round.

Club two has a low annual ($25-$40) I can't remember the exact amount, and $5.00 per visit. 200, 100, 50 and 25 yard lines and 5 action pistol bays.

Edited by TMC

$600 the first year, then $125 a year after that.  And this is for a shotgun club that acts like they are doing the pistol shooters a favor by letting us be members.  

Unfortunately for where I am located the options are limited.