Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This was emailed to the whole base yesterday.

North

I am retired Army. It has always been the United States UNarmed Forces. Even after 9/11... no ammunition was issued to go with the M16s issued for increased security. In Berlin during the first Gulf war, 3 rounds were issued, but the tops of the magazine were sealed with tape. Seriously, no joke.

I am retired Army. It has always been the United States UNarmed Forces. Even after 9/11... no ammunition was issued to go with the M16s issued for increased security. In Berlin during the first Gulf war, 3 rounds were issued, but the tops of the magazine were sealed with tape. Seriously, no joke.
3 rounds! :surprise:

Now that right there is funny. :roflol: I remember the days of border duty in Germany we had our magazines taped as well. Woe be unto the poor mf'er who stripped a round out of a magazine.

I've always been personally safer in my own home, than on base. At home, I can carry.

I wonder if there are carry restrictions on an Israeli Military base????

Ah... Doubt it.

We are slowly becoming no safer than the Middle East. Because we are allowing it in our own FRONT yard.

Jeff

Edited by JeffWard

Did the military "distribute" it? I see a Dept. of Homeland Security logo at the bottom, but nothing there refers to the armed forces or DoD. It looks like something that would be posted in an office building or retail store, with references to "staff" and "customers".

The USAF never followed that lead. We carried M16s with a loaded 30rd mag in the gun, chamber empty and our M9s were with a round in the chamber, safety off.

The Marines are even worse...they safety wire the mag pouch closed!

The quote "act with physical aggression and throw items at the shooter" makes me want to vomit. I get not arming the masses in peacetime, stateside, but that doesn't mean they couldn't come up with some sort of qualification process to make it so that pretty much anywhere you go on base at least a couple of people are armed.

Did the military "distribute" it? I see a Dept. of Homeland Security logo at the bottom, but nothing there refers to the armed forces or DoD. It looks like something that would be posted in an office building or retail store, with references to "staff" and "customers".

It was attached to this email. I deleted the Majors name out of pity. The "backshop" people he refers to are the security forces not actually on patrol. No one other than security forces will be armed.

Commanders / Chiefs / First Sergeants:

In light of yesterday's events at Fort Hood, I am sending you the attached Department of Homeland Security flyer which outlines actions to take for self protection in such a situation. Please share this with your personnel.

For your situational awareness, we regularly train our Defenders in how to respond to an active shooter and maintain close working relationships with the various tactical response teams in the local area. Just this week we conducted a joint exercise in the dormitory area with the FBI, SFS and County Crisis Negotiation Teams. In the coming months we will continue to train our personnel in how to respond to dangerous situations like this.

Additionally, effective today we started arming our back shop personnel effectively tripling the number of armed first responders available to

respond immediately in a crisis.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments please let me know.

MAJ, USAF

1994 Fairchild AFB, WA. Had a guy go ballistic with a MAK-90 in the psych wing of the clinic. 4 died, many wounded. There were LE in the hospital when it went down, but they wern't armed due to AF policy requiring LE to dis-arm for any medical attention, no matter how trivial.

BTW, I violated this policy all the time when I was in... Never had a problem except with a nurse once. I gave her the Jedi mind trick and she left me alone.