Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Chinese" C More

DocMan

Airsoft optics are for airsoft guns.

Don't do it.

Exactly! These sights are made for airsoft pistols. I don't hear any huge outcry on here against the S_I 2011 airsoft clones, the Limcat/Brazos/Wison/Caspian/etc... slides for airsoft pistols. These cheap C-Mores are intended to be put on toys, not real guns. These copies are not hurting C-More's business, because who's going to put a $275 real C-More on your $105 WE 2011 airsoft clone?

Ming

Don't do it.

Exactly! These sights are made for airsoft pistols. I don't hear any huge outcry on here against the S_I 2011 airsoft clones, the Limcat/Brazos/Wison/Caspian/etc... slides for airsoft pistols. These cheap C-Mores are intended to be put on toys, not real guns. These copies are not hurting C-More's business, because who's going to put a $275 real C-More on your $105 WE 2011 airsoft clone?

Ming

Me!

I want my airsoft to have the same optic as my match gun.

I had a conversation with a guy at a match the other day about supporting USPSA match sponsors. I hurt his feelings without meaning too. He was shooting a popular single stack made by a manufacturer that I mentioned in my rant.

That is my conviction, if they don't support us, I don't support them.

Edited by sgtis108

Don't do it.

I don't hear any huge outcry on here against the S_I 2011 airsoft clones, the Limcat/Brazos/Wison/Caspian/etc... slides for airsoft pistols. These cheap C-Mores are intended to be put on toys, not real guns. These copies are not hurting C-More's business, because who's going to put a $275 real C-More on your $105 WE 2011 airsoft clone?

Ming

You don't hear an outcry because those guns are licensed by the American manufacture. STI even has their version on the website. The guys who copy the guns go to the owners and ask permission and usually work very closely with the company they are replicating when they do it.

I'm not worried about the guys that put a C-More or a See More on their airsoft guns, I'm worried about the guys that put the See More on their pistol or AR rifle. It could become unsafe.

You are approached by a man who wants to sell you a used Car Stereo. He tells you that they cost $500 new, but he can sell it for $200 because he just stole it from someone...

Would you buy it ?

Nah...I'd give him a beat down and just take it. :roflol:

I agree that we should patronize our sponsors. Here it comes, "but" I always thought that c-more and aim point we a bit over priced. I realize that anytime you buy something that is in the specialized category the profit margin goes up. "BUT", maybe this is the wake up call that they need not to put one of their kids through school on one sale.

I can sort of agree with that for aimpoint and eotech, but not c-more.

I can get a genuine c-more for about $200. I can get a POS red dot for about $50. I can get a POS c-more knockoff for between $90 and $100. If I want something that is guaranteed to have had a certain level of QC, and isn't the QC failures from a bigger name brand that looks identical, I have to pay a premium over the POS prices. In general, I'm looking at something between $150 and $200.

For a $50 premium I can buy a sight that I can get service, replacement parts (which means SPARE parts to keep my down time to a minimum), buy it from a guy who caters to USPSA shooters, and also from a manufacturer who supports uspsa competitions. Heck, just the ability to swap dot modules without having to replace the whole sight is worth a premium. The cost of another module (because I didn't know what I liked or think a different dot size might make me faster or more accurate later), is about $55. Even with the $90 knockoff, I'm either SOL or buying a second sight.

I don't think you are paying for the priveledge of having a name brand, I think you are actually getting value for your extra dollars.

For a $50 premium I can buy a sight that I can get service, replacement parts (which means SPARE parts to keep my down time to a minimum), buy it from a guy who caters to USPSA shooters, and also from a manufacturer who supports uspsa competitions. Heck, just the ability to swap dot modules without having to replace the whole sight is worth a premium. The cost of another module (because I didn't know what I liked or think a different dot size might make me faster or more accurate later), is about $55. Even with the $90 knockoff, I'm either SOL or buying a second sight.

Exactly

This is why I have a C-more on my airsoft gun. I can depend on the optic for practice. I can have spare parts on hand, and I'm supporting the guy who sponsors/caters to USPSA.

I can't even tell you how important it is to me to buy from sponsors. I may preach it a little too much to the guys I shoot with, but

I hope they think about it when they buy. When guys I work with ask me where to buy shooting supplies, I send them to the websites of those who support USPSA.

I could go on and on....................

Don't do it.

Ming

Ming,

Because the poster put it in the Gears and Acc. it would seem that it would be for a real gun not an airsoft gun. If that was his intention then I agree with the rest. The original poster might not have realized that they were for airsoft guns. We need to support our sport.

With that said...

I use a C-more on my airsoft gun also. I want the same sight that I have on my open gun. If the only choice was to buy a real c-more for an airsoft gun then I think most wouldn't bother. Personally I don't see a problem with buying a clone for an airsoft gun. Airsoft has nothing to do with Uspsa so it isn't hurting the sport. We may use it for practicing to improve in Uspsa but there is no connection between with two, Our Uspsa president made that very clear...................

Its like saying buying poppers for airsoft is hurting companies making pepper poppers. Airsoft poppers or the clone cmore isn't going to hold up in Uspsa.

Flyin

• 3 weeks later...

The American way is a free trade economy. It relies on our integrity to determine if we want to support companies that actually design, produce, and stand behind their products or look for the cheap short term solution. Having the government regulate protection is a bit of a scary thought for many of us as it would come down to the integrity of the politicians to do "the right thing" for the American public and not the right thing for their personal interests. Who believes that has a happy ending? The company I work for has 34 known knockoffs of our product. The truly scary thing is when someone purchases the knockoff, almost always on eBay, and thinks that they got a screaming deal on a genuine item. The funniest is when they need a service part and find out that there are no parts in the US and the parts from the genuine brand name don't fit because the Chinese cut corners at every opportunity. I am not going to say "buy American" but do "buy genuine." When a company supports a sport like ours they deserve the simple respect of directing our money back back at them.

• 2 weeks later...

I say, if you can afford the real deal and you're not a cheap skate, buy the real deal.

Supporting the USPSA supporters is great for those who can afford to.

If you're buying the El Cheapo version, you'll just end up spending more money in the long run.

It does not last, it lacks ergonomic or functional features, etc.

I am certain, once you have the money, you will trade up.

Been burnt by "economy" versions of products many times and would now rather spend a little more upfron and save in the long run.

• 3 years later...

while i can agree with you on this point i also have to disagree, now im new to the pistol shooting but long time distance shooter, and most say your optics should cost more than the rifle you put it on correct? I agreed until a few years ago, when going to my local wed night 200, 400, 600, 1000 yard match, i used a 4x16 50mm ( not going to say name brand) cost was less than 200 bucks, could hit 5 inch groups at 1000 yards with this cheap low budget scope. dont knock the cheap stuff till you actually throw the 50 dollars at it and try it, and to those who mention its chinese or japanese crap, where do you think that computer was made your typing on or phone you call your wife on or car you drive to work in? everything is made overseas now LOL

while i can agree with you on this point i also have to disagree, now im new to the pistol shooting but long time distance shooter, and most say your optics should cost more than the rifle you put it on correct? I agreed until a few years ago, when going to my local wed night 200, 400, 600, 1000 yard match, i used a 4x16 50mm ( not going to say name brand) cost was less than 200 bucks, could hit 5 inch groups at 1000 yards with this cheap low budget scope. dont knock the cheap stuff till you actually throw the 50 dollars at it and try it, and to those who mention its chinese or japanese crap, where do you think that computer was made your typing on or phone you call your wife on or car you drive to work in? everything is made overseas now LOL

the price difference actually comes from something though

without getting into a super long discussion about all of this, you are largely paying more money to get better tolerances

these tolerances range from glass material consistency to physical dimensions

by running tighter tolerances you can do more extreme things with design

there is always the chance that something with loosely specced tolerances will have good performance, just like there is always the chance that something with tightly specced tolerances will have poor performance, but these should be fairly rare cases

The reason that they cost more is the Research and Development costs that they have to recoup. The copiers don't pay for that development plus they use inferior components and make profit off the labors of others.

Now if C-More would only come out with sight that holds zero.

Really? I never had one that did not hold zero.

Couple thoughts... Are there patent infringment suits filed against these companies? Or, are they building on a patent which has been released? (Such as H***y Rifles, U****i, etc) Also, these are the echos of voices from the past! 30 yrs and more ago, T***os were cheap imported junk! They were from offshore and trading on Aimpoint's success. Tsk, Tsk! T****s was garbage! Pure patent rip-offs and an inferior design! There are many products over the years that people looked down their noses at... Except the people that had them and they worked... More? Yeah, those R**k I*****s and A******* and P*** and G** and the like are all junk! Ask a shooter who uses them... I even heard that a major 3 initial race gun manufacturer uses those slides in some applications... Just my thoughts. Let the flames begin...

• 1 month later...

If it's going on a major pf open Gun I wouldn't waste my money on a clone I would buy the real deal. If it's going on something like an airsoft gun or 22 especially a backup or one I would give it a try. I run a real one on all my open guns as well as my new steel challenge 22. On my old 22 for steel when I first started out I ran a clone on an alchin mount on an old 22/45 i got for cheap and while it's not as nice as the real deal it never let me down and still sits on the gun which is more or less a backup or loaner gun

I will confess that I had often been the guy who would buy a knockoff because I just couldn't afford the "real thing". I also wasted a lot of time chasing phantom accuracy problems that would come and go. I found on one of the cheap micro-red dot optics that the plastic lens would randomly tip forward because it wasn't glued in, then tip back and shoot ok again. THAT was a hard one to track down! One time I had the money to buy genuine first-rate optics, and what a world of difference! Now I will save my money, starve my children, rent out my wife, whatever I have to do to get the right tool for the job the first time. No more "tide me over til I can afford it" purchases. Just a waste of money!