Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GA State - IDPA at its best

SoonerPast

:cheers:

The GA State Championship had to have been IDPA at its very best.

Outstanding in every way. My thanks to the staff and the competitors.

I concur. Many thanks to Capel and his crew. :cheers:

I fully expect to go back next year. ;)

I wondered why I didn't run into you at the USPSA match this weekend. Did they really schedule the state USPSA and IDPA matches on the same weekend?

Yup.

Georgia IDPA at South River, Georgia USPSA at River Bend; same day.

I shot a match in Georgia, but neither of the above; I was at the Southeast Regional BPCR Championship, other side of the hill from the USPSA.

Wow. I had to look that up. Black Powder Cartridge Rife. That's on the other side of the hill and around the bend in the crik... unless you were talking range location. ;)

Thanks to Capel and all of the staff, for putting together yet another stella match. I managed to complete 8 stages before my stupidity, and really enjoyed all I shot.

A note to all my fellow shooters, it makes no difference what level of shooter you are, if you do something stupid/un-thought through, it has the ability to bite you in the backside.

So you all know one thing not to do.

I took a trip to my vehicle to grab another MJM box of ammo, on returning to my squad realised I had not taken the empty to put back in my ride. Now here is the stupid bit, I decide it would be a good idea to put the empty in the right pocket of my concealment garment, and it fit perfectly. What I did not think through was that when I brushed the garment back I would have a big plastic box between my hand and the holstered gun.

So I prepare for what should have been the fastest stage of the day (right side of cowboy town, 9 rounds, three targets, speed shoot), on the draw I feel my G34 slide up my back and end up on the boardwalk between my feet. I look at the SO and all I can think of is, "that's not good"

So it was off for an early shower, with my tail between my legs.

I applogise to the SO's and all of my fellow shooters, as I know it is never good to be around anyone that doesn't demonstrate "good gun control". My pledge to you all is, it will not happen again.

Peter

So I prepare for what should have been the fastest stage of the day (right side of cowboy town, 9 rounds, three targets, speed shoot), on the draw I feel my G34 slide up my back and end up on the boardwalk between my feet. I look at the SO and all I can think of is, "that's not good"

Sorry to hear about it. I was working SO on another stage. It was quite a challenging match, particularly since it was my first sanctioned match. Capel certainly runs a top notch program.

Edited by Samuel Adams

Let me concur on the match. The stages were very well put together and the pneumatic targets provided an element I have never experienced before. Timing was a big issue during the match and made for a thinking competitors match. Alot of fun and I loved the Glock plate rack as a side match. I shot my fastest time on it in the morning but went back several times during the day to see if I could beat it. Everything was first class all the way.

I think I'll be driving on past Moyock NC next year and continuing down to GA for this match instead. The videos have me sold.

What videos?

Many of our videos can be found on "Youtube". Search for "GADPA" Greater Atlanta Defensive Pistol Association.

This was one of the best IDPA matches - of any level/size or venue - that I have ever attened. The more I thought about it on the way home and this week, the more I was impressed.

"WOW!" about sums it up for me. I'll be back.

Would that we were all so "Capel"ble...

Craig

Capel..Be warned... The "Turtle "will return with a revengeful attitude towards the "CHAIR".... :ph34r:

Yes, excellent match Capel. I enjoyed myself and the company of many good shooters. Next year maybe there could be a stage with a walker instead of a chair for the Turtle Man! :roflol:

What Capel said!

Thanks and back at you, it was a very close finish. 1.03 sec out of 338 sec! By a thin hair! :surprise: It think we traded fastest stage times (for CDP MM) several times. Overall, it was a good field of shooters.

Now as CDP SS I'm back to medicore! :wacko:

Rob

Edited by Rob Tompkins

Hats off to The entire crew!! Nicest bunch of SO's anywhere!!! Great stages both fun and challenging!!

Was our 3rd year shooting and we will be back next year!!! Gona have to pick up the pace a little now after getting bumped up a class for second place!!! :cheers:

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...