Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your 1911 outside of competition

Ohioguy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having Bob at Fusion build me a BBQ gun. Won't be a daily carry unfortunately but have always wanted a 45 in this catagory. Forged tactical frame, IonBond forged slide, brushed stainless small parts, 10-8 rear and fiber optic front. He built the same gun with Bomars in 9mm and 40S&W for USPSA and IDPA form me and wanted to make the triple play. Should have it in a few months.

The only 1911 I have outside of my comp guns is a Kimber rimfire. I love shooting it, but it's main purpose is that is the gun my 8 y.o. is using to get him started in IPSC. He is kinda small for his age and the rimfire is right up his alley. Haven't got him drawing from a holster yet, that's still a couple of years away. Gonna make him a Grand Master!

For several years it's been a "parts gun" Commander (Gold Cup frame and surplus Commander slide). Bruce Gray did a great weld-up fit on the barrel and milled the sights for me. It's my on and and off duty gun. I shoot IDPA with it from an old Davis IWB. Nothing beats a 1911

post-10049-1255546011_thumb.jpg