Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for Shoes

The_Vigilante

At the IDPA Worlds I was wearing Inov-8 295's. On of the SO's made a ( CLEAT ) annotation on my scoresheet. I told him that they were trial running shoes with lugs not cleats. Anyway the match director came over and told me that they were ok and not to worry about it. I think it was a great decision since Fl weather was terible and it rained a lot through out the match. I saw a lot of guys wearing Kanadias, Salomons, etc. It is reassuring to have a good grip when you are running a muddy stage. More of a safety issue than an advantage thing..

Let me guess. The guy on the bed stage? He did that to me but Robert Ray ruled my Salomon Speedcross 3 are leagl for IDPA

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my Salomon Speedcross 3's via Fedex yesterday after I had already left for the TN State IDPA Championship. I tried them on once I got home this evening and they are fantastic! Very comfortable, great support, and amazing traction. I ran around in the backyard and down my gravel driveway to test them out and I'm very pleased.

I even wore them to the supermarket and they felt just like regular sneakers on the slick tile.

• 1 month later...

Would these be legal?. :ph34r:

http://www.theinspiredshoes.com/images/games-inspired/Angry-Birds-High-Tops-Canvas-Shoes-Black-Bird-Printed.jpg

Angry Bird Shoes

Product 9/12

Angry Birds High Tops Canvas Shoes Black Bird Printed

$82.00 $73.00

Save: 11% off

Do you want a sneaker with Angry Birds Print on it? Here we offer the trendy popular puzzle videos game Angry Birds themed shoes. Classic comfort durable canvas upper and rubber sole.

Note: HOT SALE ITEMS, NEED PREORDER. Please allow 3~4 business days to prepare for your shippment. So please do the payment under the care for urgency orders.

View Angry Birds Size Info

Add to Cart:

Model: Games-Shoes-1127

Please Choose:

Angry Birds Size

Customers who bought this product also purchased...

Rapper 2Pac Nike Dunk High Tupac Amaru Shakur Shoes

Bowser Nike Dunk High Tops Super Mario Bros King Koopa Shoes

$77.00

Adidas Originals Forum Mid Leopard Printed shoes

$160.00 $98.00

Save: 39% off

Or these?

http://www.theinspiredshoes.com/images/animals-inspired/Tiger-Pint-Safari-Nike-Dunk-Low-Safari-Animal-aka.jpg

Edited by GmanCdp

Wear cleets and shoot all headshots just for fun... then tell the SO the only reason you're shooting the match is because there isn't a USPSA match that weekend. Everyone will want to be your friend and ask you to be thier IDPA shooting buddy then. Not that I've ever done anything like that!!! :roflol: I kid, I kid.

I like the crossbreed type shoes that are a mix between a hiking boot/trail shoe and running shoe. I didn't know cleats were illegal in IDPA. I wonder how they judge how aggressive a texture pattern is vs. what they define as a cleat.

A cleated shoe designed for another sport is not legal. No baseball, soccer, football, log rolling, ice climbing, or golf shoe etc. permitted. Hiking, running, etc. are allowed.

This issue has already been settled. Don't bring that back up.

I wear Vasque trail running shoes that have very aggressive tread (almost cleat like). They have a lug dead center of the toe and aggressive side tread so they are good to dig and make cuts in. Most of the ranges I shoot at are pretty slick (dirt bays that are commonly wet, or gravel bays that needed more gravel about 10 years ago) so you've about got to have something like this to stay on your feet if you're a fast mover.

• 1 month later...

I just got a pair of Nike Air Alvord VI Trail running shoes at an outlet for $50

Wasn't thinking about IDPA...just needed shoes.

These are excellent.

Something to keep in mind though is that they are slick on wet hard surfaces.

Will keep an extra pair of shoes around if there has been rain.

Just go to Zappos or your favorite shoe site and type in "trail runners" and you will see all kinds of great solutions. The trail running sport has really caught on with all the top shoe companies so you will have a lot to look at. Just get something that does not look like a baseball of football spike and you'll be fine.

For anyone who has trouble getting shoes for wide feet, I recently got some Propet Cumberland mid ankle shoes. They have some pretty good tread and come in sizes up to 5E. I can wear them with comfortable thicker socks. If shoes that are just a little wider then normal I have to wear thin socks for them to fit. Got them at shoebuy.com I got one pair for matches and another for everyday wear. Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A cleated shoe designed for another sport is not legal. No baseball, soccer, football, log rolling, ice climbing, or golf shoe etc. permitted. Hiking, running, etc. are allowed.

This issue has already been settled. Don't bring that back up.

hmmm golf shoes.

No one is considering the possible real life scenario, I was on the 7th tee when........ :rolleyes: