Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for Shoes

The_Vigilante

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the other shooters had a pair on and was given a little grief by an SO. After he was done shooting he went to Robert, while wearing the shoes, to get a ruling.

I wore my "non-cleats" when I picked up my shooters packet and asked if they were ok. I got a little grief from an SO also and I told him "don't make me pull out my napkin". :cheers:

Edited by Paul-the new guy

One of the other shooters had a pair on and was given a little grief by an SO. After he was done shooting he went to Robert, while wearing the shoes, to get a ruling.

And just to clarify, he was wearing speedcross 3's at Worlds and Robert Ray said they were fine?

I went to Ted Murphy and Robert Ray at chrono right after I finished my reshoot and showed them my shoes. First Ted and then Robert said that my Salomon Speedcross 3 trail shoes are legal. They are geat trail shoes and much more comfortable that the soccer cleets I wore for soccer. If I knew how to post pictures of my soccer cleets here, I would do so. These trail shoes do not even come close to the soccer cleets I wore for over 40 years or the baseball cleets I wore in my teens.

Mike Gottlieb

Someone ask about Inov-8 Mudclaw 333s, then... cheers.gif

I would think if the Speedcross' are legal so would the Mudclaw as they have a very similar tread pattern but if you're planning on shooting a sanction match when them I would take the advice in this thread and get a ruling before shooting.

I can't see where those would be either comfortable or beneficial but I have seen a few shooters sporting them. BJ Norris had on a pair at Area 4 and I saw a pair at the IDPA Nationals.

I want a pair of tactical flip-flops. :D

I can't see where those would be either comfortable or beneficial but I have seen a few shooters sporting them. BJ Norris had on a pair at Area 4 and I saw a pair at the IDPA Nationals.

I want a pair of tactical flip-flops. :D

I'm with you Brian, tactical flip-flops. Apparently, there are several big shooters switching to these "toe shoes". I was getting caught up on my 3-gun nation TV shows last night and saw Rob Romero sporting some...there's a guy here locally who shoots 3-gun in them and he swears by them...

I was checking out the Speedcross but coulnd't justify the price right now.

I felt like I needed something other than regular sneakers after I landed on my face at Area 8 this year.

I just picked up a pair of these.

http://www.zappos.com/adidas-running-kanadia-4-tr-m-black-metallic-silver-sharp-blue

1495654-p-DETAILED.jpg

I like them a lot and already shot my first muddy match with them with no problem.

I was checking out the Speedcross but coulnd't justify the price right now.

I felt like I needed something other than regular sneakers after I landed on my face at Area 8 this year.

I just picked up a pair of these.

http://www.zappos.com/adidas-running-kanadia-4-tr-m-black-metallic-silver-sharp-blue

1495654-p-DETAILED.jpg

I like them a lot and already shot my first muddy match with them with no problem.

You call what you shot in yesterday mud?

At the IDPA Worlds I was wearing Inov-8 295's. On of the SO's made a ( CLEAT ) annotation on my scoresheet. I told him that they were trial running shoes with lugs not cleats. Anyway the match director came over and told me that they were ok and not to worry about it. I think it was a great decision since Fl weather was terible and it rained a lot through out the match. I saw a lot of guys wearing Kanadias, Salomons, etc. It is reassuring to have a good grip when you are running a muddy stage. More of a safety issue than an advantage thing..