Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for Shoes

The_Vigilante

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for trail running shoes. The traction on them can be aggressive, but unlike cleats, it is soft and won't turn flat wood surfaces (like those "porches" you see on ranges that share with Cowboy Shooters who build permanent structures) into a slip-n-slide. They serve three roles for me. IDPA shoe, USPSA shoe, running shoe.

Here are mine.

Salomon Speed Cross 2

Salomon-Speed-Cross-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My son and I both have used these boots for the past two years. Composite toe for a little lightweight protection and they are very cool and comfortable in the summer.

policestuff_2073_217134675.gif

http://www.lapolicegear.com/coc86mecotoe.html

Features:

ASTM F2413-05 Composite Safety Toe

100% Security Friendly with non-metallic side zipper

Authentic Converse athletic fit, comfort, and performance

Lightweight and flexible

Removable FootForce Comfort Insole with arch support and heel stabilizer

Dual density ball and heel cushions

Built in Converse Shock Eliminator

High abrasion slip-resistant and non-marking dual density trail outsole

Besides, they're Cons man, what could be more cooler? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I wear the Merrell MOAB Ventilator shoes in the summer and LOVE them. They offer solid support, are ultra comfy, and give me plenty of grip when using them for active things outdoors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Another vote for trail running shoes. The traction on them can be aggressive, but unlike cleats, it is soft and won't turn flat wood surfaces (like those "porches" you see on ranges that share with Cowboy Shooters who build permanent structures) into a slip-n-slide. They serve three roles for me. IDPA shoe, USPSA shoe, running shoe.

Here are mine.

Salomon Speed Cross 2

Are these IDPA legal?

Here are mine.

Salomon Speed Cross 2

Are these IDPA legal?

I would think they would be legal.

They are a trail running shoe (soft large lugs) and not a cleat (hard plastic or spikes).

I also use Merrells. They are my everyday shoes as well.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/16674M/0/Mens/Moab-Mid-GORE-TEX-Wide-Width?dimensions=0

To add a bit, I have worn these to a US Nationals, Indoor Nationals and a number of state Championships and no one has said a word to me about them.

Edited by jualdeaux

I can tell you that shoes along the lines of the kanadia by Adidas are legal for idpa. I got this determination from Robert ray at the Idpa world championship match last night.

Cool might have to get me some of those they look more comfortable than the hiking boots I wear :-)

I wear whatever I wear the rest of the week. Most of the time, that's some sort of hiker or trail runner, and they're usually made by The North Face because I get a ridiculous hook up on 'em. One of the young dudes that shoots with our club when he's around runs shorts, flip flops and an IWB holster, and a SIG most of the time. The gummint pays for most of his ammo and he's still very flexible, which means he does pretty well. :lol:

Here are mine.

Salomon Speed Cross 2

Are these IDPA legal?

I plan on picking up a pair this fall.