Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congrats to Henning

pivoproseem

Thanks, yes practice has been non-existing this year, been enjoying making gun parts which has taken all my time. Would have liked to shoot the gun more which probably would have been beneficial... I discovered I had to modify my hammer slightly during the match. Surprising, but I put a prepped hammer/sear into my gun a few days before the match and the trigger feel is one of the best I've ever felt. Never touched the sear or hammer, but did install my new hardened sear pin which might have cleaned up the trigger. Nice, crisp and light trigger at 2lbs. Just had to get rid of the half-cock during the match. I've noticed that sometimes the sear will catch on the half-cock and cause issues. Not sure why, but that's just how it is.

Shot a pretty decent match, I had 3 misses total which was quite a bit too much. The bad half-cock caused me 25 points on one stage. Also had a stupid trigger freeze, otherwise a fairly clean match. For us guys not truly competing to win, Saul Kirsch and I was fighting over fifth place up until the last stage. Unfortunately I had a stupid mike on a simple target where he edged me out. Killed him on time, but don't matter if you make a major mistake like miss. Well, at least Saul will have a big grin on his face tonite for kicking my ass... Max, JJ and KC there's nothing to do about for the rest of us. Those guys have a much higher body speed and unless I get back into 5 days-a-week boxing practice can't touch. Just a fact. Chris Tilley belongs in that group as well, but he suffered from severe magazine jams which was very unfortunate. He would have been in the fight for the title if it hadn't been for his mags/guns. Shannon Smith wasn't on the supersquad, but slid in at 4th overall which was impressive. He must have shot a pretty solid match.

Everybody had penalties and problems during the match. The Las Vegas wind and dust probably didn't help. Both Saul and Todd was sick and suffered through the match. At the end of the day, it's a real nice group of shooters who compete and fight hard, but is a pleasure to shoot with. Everybody helps out and supports each other. A real pleasure to hang out with for four days. Max is still in a league of his own and totally deserves the win. Look at his placings and you'll see for yourself. He had a huge lead up until the first stage on the third day. On a medium difficult shooting stage with opportunities for a lot of penalties he had 2 misses and 3 no-shoots. You had to back off and secure a good score. Nobody understands why he messed it up, but sometimes I wonder when you've got such a big lead if you get bored and want to bring the competition back. Whether that's true or not, he got the heat back and it gave JJ and KC a chance to win the championships. JJ shot a truly great match and could easily have pulled it off. As Chris did, JJ also suffered severe gun problems during the match. He had one early on that he deleted due to a target not being reset. However it came back to bite him on the last stage, otherwise he would have had an easy-easy win. At that point, KC was the last shooter and SHOULD HAVE won the match. Well, maybe pressure got to him as he didn't shoot his best and tagget a No-Shoot. That sealed the deal for Max who ended up on top. But again, well deserved as he only had two bad stages out of 16. Stellar performance on his part and a shooter we all like to work to be as good as. Though it'll take too much effort for most of us to ever do.

Peace Out

Edited by sinnsyk

Thanks !

btw. I fell on my ass on a back-up stage. Was planning on going kneeling, but slid, fell and ended up on my ass and finished sitting.. Saul will have it on his DVD, probably in the bloopers section... he he

Was a great match and can't wait for Limited. I have my 6", but it's not 100% yet after all the mods so I've got to play with the 5". I think this match will be great with a longer sight radius. Maybe it'll be ready for Area 2. The slide is a little too light so I've got a find a way to slow down the slide speed. Heavier hammer spring and make a square firing pin stop is next on the list.