Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite BBQ that you can buy in a store?

benos

It is kinda tough as what I think is the best comes from a little place called Starnes BBQ in Paducah KY...you can buy it in a local store, but you won't find it in Kroger, etc.

To put it into a category...it is a vinegar base with lots of black (and probably white) pepper. It is of the sort, the more you put the hotter it gets. I think it is more of an accent to the meat's flavor - than just a cover-up...

YMMV and probably will :cheers:

KC Masterpiece.

Yep.

Try this: slather it on a steak before grilling. Re-apply lightly after turning it. Most of it cooks off leaving a wonderfully sweet, sticky glaze. Works better the fattier the cut (I prefer ribeye).

:surprise:

I had a friend once ask for some a1 at a steak place in nowheresville oklahoma. The cook came out and took his steak away and threw down a hamburger patty in its place.

I like my steaks seasoned with a little bit of olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes both sides. Just warm in the center :cheers:

Sweet baby rays is pretty good for big chain grocery store stuff.

If you are talking about store bought sauce, then I stick with something I know I can find anywhere and that is KC Masterpiece. I've had better, but I've had a lot worse.

To be honest, I rarely do BBQ unless I can do it right and that means in the wet smoker for several hours and I use a mix of water and KC Masterpiece in the water pan and let it concentrate and combine with the drippings which then gets applied back over the meat. Yum.

sauce? anything from stubbs is good IMO

BBQ? i take the uncooked pork loin from the store and make my own :)

rub it down in "Texas BBQ rub" (friend of mines store, he sells it online, and is EXCELLENT)

1/4 cup of worchestershire.

course ground pepper, about a heavy pinch or two.

throw in crockpot for about 6-8 hours.

it will pull apart with a fork, and wont come out of the crockpot.

add some BBQ sauce if you prefer, slam it between some hamburger buns.

something to let it cook while your @ work. come home to something done already!

Store bought favorite is Cattlemans. But not by itself.

When I make babby back ribs I marinade them in applejuice (and then apply my secret dry rub) and cover them with apple slices. During the smoking process this produces a liquid that I baste with and at the end when the BBQ sauce is applied the apple juices mix with it ------ crap its making me hungry.