Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

shooting my revolver at yesterdays match, first time using the pivothead glasses.. Much more comfortable then a gopro or contour on your head, good video quality. Though, it does exaggerate my poor stance with tucking my head forward a little bit and the field of view lacks, though it's a habit I am trying to break.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to shoot revolver one day. It looks like fun.

you into root canals, too? you might like it then...

just kidding, I shoot it from time to time and it's really fun.

when I shoot a stage, the rest of the squad usually breaks for lunch and returns in time to tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlPfJO0HH1I

Shot with a GoPro Hero2.

Been shooting USPSA for only a year and actually been shooting pistols for not even two, I am slowly inching towards the B class.

I managed to make a stupid mistake and also have a bizarre malfunction (no feed) I never ever had before.

I guess shooting 1 or 2 matches a week pays off eventually.

Yes, I know what I need to work on.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Had some sort of epiphany today where I was all of a sudden able to shoot a match entirely with both eyes open, I guess dry fire is paying off.

Shot a good classifier, 76% on fast and furious, screwed up one stage royally bad,but had a good fun match otherwise!

Using PIVOTHEAD glasses now, much less cumbersome then strapping a gopro or contour to my face, but I need to work on my posture ( more straight ) You can tell once I get in the groove of a longer fast stage, my big ol head starts tucking in.... Gotta work on standing straight and relaxed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can sum up my performance (or lack of) due to one thing. Lack of confidence. We started on Stage 4, and after getting a miss on two consecutive stages, I lost all confidence in my shooting ability and slowed down unnecessarily hoping to get my hits. My overall time was 2-3 seconds slower than all the other Masters in the match. I should have shaken the feeling off and shot the match like I could have.

Every stage after the first two, I thought too much about getting my hits and stressed over it. I have to learn how to let go. That and getting a total of four misses and two no-shoots (on the last stage), didn't do well for my placement.

That said, Keith Tyler and gang put up a fantastic match in a gorgeous range. Every bay has it's own covered area where we can relax in the sun and hydrate. Also, thanks to Omar Newbury and Larry Watson for running the squad through all the stages.