Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and GM told me just before the match started to shoot all Alphas. It's fun to hose but it's more fun to win. I think he's right! I didn't get all Alphas but did get 93% of all scores.

Great stages! High round count (211rnds) and very tight and varied positions. It was a good match but I got my head working against me again. Need to find a way to shutdown the noise and play. This is one of the Northwest Series matches where we all earn points and get a chance to earn slots to the Nationals (plus some cash). Can't wait for next one in Renton.

What can I say. Bombed two stages and pretty much took me out of the race. I had 5 other great stages with three stage wins but the two setbacks cost me 100+ points.

I don't usually load up my magazines to 29+1 because I don't want to stress my plastic grip and cause another crack but it was definitely useful for me in the 30 round Stage 2.

This was my 4th match, 2nd time shooting Production.

I really sucked on the first stage. I had a M (barely) on the far left target on the 2nd stage, but finished 4th (of 28) overall in Production and 1st (of 18) in U.

USPSA July 20, 2014 - Crooked Creek

Edited by Quack

The Northwest Challenge is a fabulous Level II USPSA match held by the Northwest Section at the Paul Bunyan Rifle Club in Puyallup, WA. It's been a while since we had a match like this. Thanks to the hard work put in by Scott Pries and his group of volunteers, we got to shoot one of the most fun matches in a while. You can find out more about the series of matches and clubs in the section here : http://northwestsection.org

I came in 1st M after all the other Ms won the overall titles :) 6th Overall was my final standing.

So this is my first time ever shooting multigun. It's a blast to shoot three different kinds of guns on the clock. The stress of remembering to make my guns safe and the extensive plan is a lot higher than the traditional USPSA matches I've shot. I'm sure if you do it often you'll get used to it just like anything.

My Contour didn't work very well today so I managed to get only two stages but you can see the massive failures at loading my guns, especially the shotgun. I only had like 15mins of practice a few months ago.

I can see why it's so interesting for the multi gunners but I think I'll stick to my Open pistol for now. It's a lot of work bringing three different sets of gear and ammo to a match.

Big thanks to Alex Smith and other volunteers who set this match up!

Well my first 3-Gun was yesterday for the Robert Libke Memorial here in Oregon. The video of my day is below....be gentle :-) Didn't do too bad although I wish I would have gotten some more rounds down range with my AR in a non static setting but Tri-County doesn't have their action rifle side open yet.