Show me skills/you tube videos

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Here's my view of the PB match on Sunday. Silly, stupid mistakes. My dot was too bright on Stage 4 - Pushy and what I thought was my dot was actually the reflection artifact from having the dot too bright shining on the lens. That's why I missed that headshot from such a close distance.

and my weak hand is.... weak.

Fun USPSA match at Marysville Rifle Club's monthly in Marysville, WA. It was a late start for me with lots of stupid mistakes but got better as the day progressed. We started on Stage 4.

• 3 weeks later...
Was very happy to be finally able to shoot this match but after driving an hour, I realized that I forgot to take my rig with me (belt, holster and mag pouches). With the help of the range staff and a few friends (they're such good people), we found a spare CR Speed holster for the Glock. It didn't really fit as the trigger guard area was too big for my 2011. Allen Range and his McGuyver mind went into overdrive and fashioned a spacer with pieces of cut up plastic from the USPSA Scoring template and some duct tape. Also, he had to modify the locking mechanism and the muzzle nipple so it'll fit.

Allen then loaned me one of his CR Speed mag pouches and I'm off to the races.

The folks in the shooting community are all upstanding individuals who are super helpful and will always go to lengths to make things work for you.

• 2 weeks later...
So bloody wet!! Rain came down on us like crazy today and we all got sloshed. Shot a pathetic match today making lots of dumb mistakes. From light primer strikes, to being over confident with close shots. I think 30-40% of the time I didn't even bother looking at my dot. I need to work that bad habit out of my system. The only time I practiced good dot discipline was on that one stage I won.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing is better than shooting a match for Charity. Toys for Tots is a great one to be able to support. Had a great time but it was super-cold and I'm totally blaming my lackluster performance on weather. :)

Even my camera refused to work on four of the stages.

• 2 months later...

First match after a two month long hiatus for the winter, and it shows. Slow, inaccurate, brain farts and beeper-amnesia.

Only redeeming thing is the squad I shot with. Great folks and good fun!

Edited by robot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Every year one club in our section will run an all classifier match just before the season gets underway so folks can get classified for the big Area & National matches.

I only had one good stage, the rest were really sucky. Looks like I'm stuck at M :)

Find out more about shooting in the Pacific Northwest at : http://northwestsection.org

Edited by robot