Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny 2009 USPSA Area 1 & 5

Flexmoney

Thanks for that Flex.

Did you notice him drop his head when coming on the sights? I also saw a bit of right tip too. Now I don't feel so bad about doing that. lol

JT

Edited by JThompson

I've RO'ed him a lot (he is local) and I'm always amazed when I look at the timer. He does not look to be moving as fast as he is yet I usually have to haul ass to keep up with him even when it looks like he is walking.

His reload with retention at 0:56 in this one is amazing too:

I can't tell you how many times I watch that video. He is blazing. I was at the range the day he was filming that. Dave just flat amazes me at the stuff he is capable of.

Watching the first video of him was an exercise in realizing the things I'm doing wrong.

Watching the second video was kicking me while I was down.

Come on, the dude was starting to pull the gun back for the reload AS he fired his second shot on the 2+2 drill, and his draw with a transfer to the weak hand drill made my head cant to the side like a dog hearing a strange noise.

You're right, Sean. He does look like he has stepped it up a notch from previous times I've seen him shoot. I'd credit at least some of that to Bob Vogel. You know what they say about competition improving the breed.

Rob- It's amazing too as Vogel isn't even a sponsored shooter! At least as far as I know.

After the comment about competition from Bob Vogel, I looked for videos of Vogel on Youtube. Didn't find many.

But it does appear that he has at least some sponsorship from the clothing company Eotac. They have a shooting team that seems to be IDPA-focused.

Does anyone notice he seems to keep his arms pretty straight? Some of the vids show that he's not locking them but those long arms look darn straight. And yeah- he sure the heck controls that gun!

Ain't none of it about sponsorship, folks.

But, that is not the point of the thread.

Check out that video. Learn from it.

Yeah- my point was that I think Vogel is still a full time LEO.

Lots to learn from the vids for sure. It's amazing to me how some of the top shooter's style is so different... movement, stance, etc... but they all control and move the gun like mad! It's amazing that they can get target aquisition and shots off so damn quick...