Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lack of CMore Serendipity shooters

Aristotle

I run a CMore Serendipity, seems like 4/5 open shooters run a mount of some type and a CMore slide ride, am I missing the bus? Haven't had any problems with my serendiptiy, its more grass greener on the other side sorta deal.

Nothing wrong with the serendipity. It actually gets the glass closer to the bore.

My smith doesn't use them and when I had one on previously, it made cleaning the rails a lot tougher.

let's see... jpl, suep, mitchl, nickh and of course me. seems like it works for us and probably others out here that use it but i am not sure. you want too see it 100% to have confidence that they are good? <_<

I have seen several that did develop cracks around the mounting screw holes. Some folks tend to forget that the Serendipity legs are plastic and tend to use more muscle than is ever necessary to attach them to the frame. There have been issues with ejection blamed on the Serendipity also. Tuning the ejector cures this misconception.

CYa,

Pat

I use a Serendipity on every open gun I build, unless the customer specifies something else.

As was mentioned above, the serendipity puts the dot closer to the center of the bore than a reailway on a mount. Just about all of the available mounts are single sided and tend to vibrate like a tuning fork, a feature that I don't like. A mount also adds up to $80 to $100 to the cost of the pistol and adds a small amount of weight to the gun, up high.

Just about all of the cracked C-More's have had the screws way over tightend. They just need to be snuugged down with some good loctite. A Serendipity should live as long as any other C-More mounting arrangement.

I bought a used open gun that uses a Serendipity. I had intended to switch to a Slideride and a single sided mount, but the Serendipty has been working so well that I can't justify the expense. Why fix what ain't broke?

I've switched from Serendipity to SlideRide but finally settled back to Serendipity. I mostly agree to previous posts, it has advantages and disadvantages.

I wish C-More made them out of Carbon Fiber Composite but plastic is good enough for me. Mine's relatively new, about 3 yrs old. My black serendipity

was 6 yrs old when I sold it with the gun and last time i heard it was still on it.

As for ejection, I thought Serendipity's less prone to those issue as it doesn't have that extra thickness that your c-more sits on?

I could be wrong though...

I built my gun with a Serendipity but went with a single side and slide ride. The large offset from dot to bore was my main complaint, my second complaint was really ugly brass could cause a jam every couple hundred to a thousand rounds, of course that only happened in matches. First was a Barry mount, it was more rigid and I could run really crappy brass with the open ejection port. The Barry also took the bore offset down where I could shoot the dot at any range but it was a little heavy. Then I took that off and put a CCG single side 90* mount on, it is vastly more rigid than the Serendipity and very low. It lays FLAT for table starts, looks great, and is lighter than any other mount I have ever seen. It is as light as my Serendipity on my scale. As far as I am concerned it is the ultimate solution.

I built my gun with a Serendipity but went with a single side and slide ride. The large offset from dot to bore was my main complaint, my second complaint was really ugly brass could cause a jam every couple hundred to a thousand rounds, of course that only happened in matches. First was a Barry mount, it was more rigid and I could run really crappy brass with the open ejection port. The Barry also took the bore offset down where I could shoot the dot at any range but it was a little heavy. Then I took that off and put a CCG single side 90* mount on, it is vastly more rigid than the Serendipity and very low. It lays FLAT for table starts, looks great, and is lighter than any other mount I have ever seen. It is as light as my Serendipity on my scale. As far as I am concerned it is the ultimate solution.

HSmith,

Do you have a link to that mount. I just did a search and couldn't find it.

Thks

Flyin40

I'm cheap, so I'm gonna shoot the Serendipity till the wheels fall off. I guess there are more serendipity users than I thought. Like I said, I've never had any issues I could attribute to my Serendipity, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the party. :-)

That would be cool. Or carbon fiber...

I don't have a problem with the polymer construction as it is but I would

definately vote for the carbon fiber as #1 for looks. I'd get one.

Craig

When I shoot open I use a Serendipity. I like the way it balances on the gun better than a 1-sided mount. A little hard to clean the gun thoroughly like a LTD gun, but I can handle it. Basically it's an all around good compromise of features. :)

HSmith,

Do you have a link to that mount. I just did a search and couldn't find it.

Thks

Flyin40

He is talking about the Quinn Mount. CCG is the Cheely branded version.

See here for nice pics:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77492

I am not talking about the Quinn mount, this is a new mount. They are different.

Yup they sure are. The side is open more. I hope to have mine soon

Edited by AWLAZS