Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Price for AR15 Mag pouch? Which do you prefer?

Just curious which AR mag pouch you guys prefer (if any) and who has the best pouch for the price?

I use both Pmags and USGI alum mags but do not have any real preference, I know the Pmags wont work in some pouches due to design.

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by cold

I just picked up a couple of those with the adjustable belt loop. I really like the ability to adjust it.

I'm not too happy with how PMags fit in it, though. I had to loosen the tension all the way and they fit ok in the wrong direction. When I turn the mag the other way (top curving rearward), it is still very tight and I have to pull it out and back fairly far and hard to get it out.

I have not tried any others, but I use the Blade-tech injection molded pouch with P-mags and GI mags. I have not had any problems with either. The only thing I have done to it is to space the top of the techlok belt attachment away from the pouch by 1/4" ( I have to do this with all my techlok accessories). It works for me.

Hurley

I like to run as slick as I can for gear. Usually I run a set of coupled PMAGS or an Extended PMAG but like to keep an Oh Crap mag in my pocket in the front of my Eotac pants or in the Ready Tac pouch just in case. Most stages don't require but one reload and several mags usually are not needed.

I use two blade techs from brownells and the leg rig from 3 gun gear. That way I have four mags on me. The T-Rig from three gun gear and the blade techs are very easy to take off and put on for those stages where they are not needed without taking your belt off.

• 4 weeks later...
I like the Ready Tactical kydex pouch that CPWSA sells. It holds the mag either bullets forward or back and is easy on and easy off.

+1 I'm fortunate to live close to Chris Stewart and have lots of his products.