Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2010

I'd suggest holding it in the fall say October or even November. There's not a lot of big matches then. Plus the weather in WF is gorgeous that late. What a great season finally it would be!

You weren't at Area 4 last year were you? Not exactly what I would call gorgeous.

Pretty much any time in the spring or fall, the weather is going to be a crap shoot.

I was at Area 4 and it was crappy but definately not the norm for that time of year. So you have the same chance for crappy weather but only one area match in the fall. In April and May there are level 2 matches every week or two. The fall just makes more sense. Unless you are worried that everyone will be burnt out or have already used up their match money for the year. ID much rather shoot DTC than Nationals in the fall!

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we Have Narrowed Down the New Dates for the Double Tap Champ 2011 to Either April 1, 2, 3, or June 3, 4, 5, 2011

April dates puts us 2 weeks ahead of area 6 and space city

June dates put us a week ahead of area 5,

2 weeks ahead of the Desert Classic and

3 weeks ahead of Area 1 ( if they stay on the same dates as this year.)

May Dates Mississippi Classic (5-14) and Area 4 (5-20) But the Wettest Month of the Year.

You got Any preferences on which Dates? other suggestions?

I say go with June. Two weeks later in April reduces the chance of freeze but rain is still a threat. June will be most likely dry albeit it can be hot. But given the choice, I'd say heat is easier to deal with from a match perspective than mud.

I would also suggest you talk to Phil Strader and ask when he plans to run the A4 match. I'm assuming he'll be Area director since he's running unopposed.

My .02

Well we Have Narrowed Down the New Dates for the Double Tap Champ 2011 to Either April 1, 2, 3, or June 3, 4, 5, 2011

April dates puts us 2 weeks ahead of area 6 and space city

June dates put us a week ahead of area 5,

2 weeks ahead of the Desert Classic and

3 weeks ahead of Area 1 ( if they stay on the same dates as this year.)

May Dates Mississippi Classic (5-14) and Area 4 (5-20) But the Wettest Month of the Year.

You got Any preferences on which Dates? other suggestions?

I say go with June. Two weeks later in April reduces the chance of freeze but rain is still a threat. June will be most likely dry albeit it can be hot. But given the choice, I'd say heat is easier to deal with from a match perspective than mud.

I would also suggest you talk to Phil Strader and ask when he plans to run the A4 match. I'm assuming he'll be Area director since he's running unopposed.

My .02

+1. Well said.

If it's gotta be early I vote for heat rather than rain.

All depends where I am in life next year, but June HAS to be better than March was this year. Snow, Wind Cold AND MUD all in one match! and the lucky SOB's that shot on Friday had a great time!

June would be my vote.

Jim

THanks Guys Still looking for input. Talked to several of the "Big Boys" most like april, 1 liked June. Fall is Out Sorry. But I Will be Talking to Phil, Good Suggestion. Theme?.....Yes......."The lost Double Tap of Atlantis"

Edited by scorch

THanks Guys Still looking for input. Talked to several of the "Big Boys" most like april, 1 liked June. Fall is Out Sorry. But I Will be Talking to Phil, Good Suggestion. Theme?.....Yes......."The lost Double Tap of Atlantis"

I prefer June but can live with April.

Craig

Talked to several of the "Big Boys" most like april

I have never attended a match because the "Big Boys" were going to be there. Us little boys are the ones buying the guns, gear, and ammo from the "Big Boys" sponsors. We are also the ones filling the majority of matches. I don't think your match needs anyone or anything to make it successful. It's past reputation will fill the slots and bring the sponsors no matter what "Big Boys" are there.

Shoot in June.

Edited by jtischauser

scorch> I got my trophy in the mail the other day. Thanks a bunch for sending it out :cheers:

I look forward to attending again next year whenever you decide to hold the match. Its too much fun to miss out on B)

I'm really hoping that the theme, "Lost Double Tap of Atlantis" is not a prophecy of under water shooting :roflol: Or was last years Area 4 a test run. :wacko:

I'm really hoping that the theme, "Lost Double Tap of Atlantis" is not a prophecy of under water shooting :roflol: Or was last years Area 4 a test run. :wacko:

That's funny right there! :roflol:

I have never attended a match because the "Big Boys" were going to be there. Us little boys are the ones buying the guns, gear, and ammo from the "Big Boys" sponsors. We are also the ones filling the majority of matches. I don't think your match needs anyone or anything to make it successful. It's past reputation will fill the slots and bring the sponsors no matter what "Big Boys" are there.

Shoot in June.

I thought it, you said it.

Craig

Shoot in June.

I thought it, you said it.

Craig

I'll say anything to get this match moved to June. After watching a bunch of my buddies videos from this year and others form last year this is easily one of the coolest matches in the country. Plus it's only a 2.5 hour drive from my house. But I definately can't shoot in April because of work but I am all in for June. I may even volunteer to be an RO I'm needed.

Edited by jtischauser

It is certainly true that I'd have an easier time making it to the match if it was in June.

This past year was my first time at the DTC, and it was _miserable_ ---but that certainly wasn't the fault of the match director, the stage designers, or the range officials. The match setup was excellent, the stages were creative, and the range officials had really good attitudes for people who were out in that weather the entire time.

I'm hoping to come back and NOT freeze off important parts of my anatomy (and correspondingly, shoot rather better) in the future---putting it in June would help a lot. April---most likely wouldn't be possible due to work.

T.

I shot it this year on Friday, and the day was perfect, just not my performance. Drove back to IL on the next day and was grateful to make it back in one piece with the weather. I would vote for a later start in the season.