Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who's still taking primer orders?

njl

There is no such thing as price gouging when it comes to primers or any other non-essential good. If you think the price is too high, don't buy. I would call paying $125/K stupid, but it's a free country.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would ad my 2 cents here. I called CCI and they advised me that they have added extra shifts and are basically manufacturing primers 24X7. I am not trying to offend fellow re-loaders but people are definitely hoarding components. Of course I could be wrong and the military is secretly shopping at cabelas, ammo man, Wideners, Grafs, etc. Get my drift.

Now I shoot a minimum of twice a week. I usually put about 500 rounds through my .22 and another 400 rounds through my .9mm. Even if I kept up this pace it would result in 20,800 .9mm rounds a year. Therefore there should be absolutely no reason that I should need more than 20,800 primers. Which by the way I never keep this much on hand. I am hearing stories of people buying in excess of 50,000 primers to 'stock up' just in case. I understand the reason but it is still not in the best interest of the sport.

I thought I would ad my 2 cents here. I called CCI and they advised me that they have added extra shifts and are basically manufacturing primers 24X7. I am not trying to offend fellow re-loaders but people are definitely hoarding components. Of course I could be wrong and the military is secretly shopping at cabelas, ammo man, Wideners, Grafs, etc. Get my drift.

Now I shoot a minimum of twice a week. I usually put about 500 rounds through my .22 and another 400 rounds through my .9mm. Even if I kept up this pace it would result in 20,800 .9mm rounds a year. Therefore there should be absolutely no reason that I should need more than 20,800 primers. Which by the way I never keep this much on hand. I am hearing stories of people buying in excess of 50,000 primers to 'stock up' just in case. I understand the reason but it is still not in the best interest of the sport.

+1000

I would be happy to have 20,000 primers for my 9mm or my .45 but I don't even have that as a combined total so where can I find some Federal Large Pistol or some Winchester Small Pistol. Local sporting goods store had some Winchester Small Pistol Magnums at $38.90 a 1000 but I am not that desperate (YET).

Don't forget to keep beating the bushes. I walked in to a local shop last week and found 15 k federal small pistol laying on the floor with some shotgun shells.

I got an email from Midway USA at 7.45am PST yesterday that some SPPs were in. At 8.30am PST when I tried to order, they were out of stock. Get on some of the email lists but be quick. i can't find anywhere that is taking backorders right now either. if i find some, i'll post it

Don't panic! Think people, greed will poison your own well. Panic buying or selling at inflated prices will only drive prices up in the long run. If you are sitting on thousands of primers sell them to fellow shooters at replacement cost so everyone benefits. Of course you keep what you need to get through this year, but don't poison your own well. I hear people brag about how much they sold a sleeve of primers for at local matches. WTF is all I think. PM me with your thoughts as I will not respond here.

My two cents,

p2000lefty

I am starting to see small pistol primers show up at the local stores here in North Carolina. They will only sell 500 at a time instead of a box of 1000. That beats out of stock all together. At least I can still keep shooting. Maybe things are turning around.

I ordered some WSPs from Cabelas about 2 weeks ago. I get an automated email from them every few days saying they're still on back order and scheduled to ship 6/30. I put 4lbs of Titegroup on the same order to combine hazmat fees and there's no ETA on the powder yet.

I ordered some WSPs from Cabelas about 2 weeks ago. I get an automated email from them every few days saying they're still on back order and scheduled to ship 6/30. I put 4lbs of Titegroup on the same order to combine hazmat fees and there's no ETA on the powder yet.

I'm having a hard time finding Titegroup as well.

Does anyone know where I can get some this week?

-Chet

Recob's Target Shop has it in the 1LB and 4lb bottles.

I'm having a hard time finding Titegroup as well.

Does anyone know where I can get some this week?

-Chet