Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best holster for single stack?

z06pilot

USPSA allows a DOH in Production, but not Single Stack, a woman is allowed the DOH in Single Stack though. I don't see why you can't space out a Blade Tech, with out the drop portion. The Uncle Mikes gives a bit more space (which is why IDPA banned it) and it's inexpensive enough to try without breaking the bank. I have both the Blade Tech and Uncle Mikes for a 5" gun. I prefer the Uncle Mikes for Single Stack.

• 2 years later...

Trying to find the right holster for my 1911 is driving me crazy.

I have a DOH which works very well but isn't legal.

I have a Safariland that just doesn't release the gun cleanly.

If your draw is slow it comes out smoothly but start to speed up and the holster begins to twist outward at the muzzle and the gun hangs.

I have a Bladetech that has a molded indetion that recesses into the trigger guard for retention.

It works, sort of.

Again, nice slow perfect draw and the gun comes out.

However, speed draw and your hand placement better be spot on perfect.

Grip the gun the slightest bit low and the holster cants forward and the gun hangs.

All the holsters have some adjustment for retention, but I can't seem to adjust the problem away.

I could practice my draw til my arm is about to fall off and strive to be absolutely perfect.

That is good advice to anyone, but I'd like to have a holster that is at lease a little bit forgiving.

Maybe what I'm looking for just doesn't exist.

A single stack holster that performs like a limited gun speed rig.

Suggestions?

Tls

What about a ready tactical USPSA model? It is slightly offset from the belt, but not dropped. Should be SS legal.

I have their DOH for production and it is excellent. Mag carriers are nice too....

CPWSA.com sells them.

Steve

Trying to find the right holster for my 1911 is driving me crazy.

I have a DOH which works very well but isn't legal.

I have a Safariland that just doesn't release the gun cleanly.

If your draw is slow it comes out smoothly but start to speed up and the holster begins to twist outward at the muzzle and the gun hangs.

I have a Bladetech that has a molded indetion that recesses into the trigger guard for retention.

It works, sort of.

Again, nice slow perfect draw and the gun comes out.

However, speed draw and your hand placement better be spot on perfect.

Grip the gun the slightest bit low and the holster cants forward and the gun hangs.

All the holsters have some adjustment for retention, but I can't seem to adjust the problem away.

I could practice my draw til my arm is about to fall off and strive to be absolutely perfect.

That is good advice to anyone, but I'd like to have a holster that is at lease a little bit forgiving.

Maybe what I'm looking for just doesn't exist.

A single stack holster that performs like a limited gun speed rig.

Suggestions?

Tls

I struggled with the same issue. I ordered a DOH bladetech that I flat hated and returned. Which was weird because I have one for my G35 Lim setup and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

For ~$20 cheaper I had a local guy make me a holster and I can't imagine being happier.

http://crown3x.com/index.html

• 4 weeks later...

I took the advice and ordered a Ready Tactical USPSA model.

Although I don't have much experience with it yet, it seems promising.

The gun comes out clean and quick.

If I had a complaint, it would have to be the belt loop.

The offset is made by widening the belt loop to the point that you could drive a truck through it.

No big deal but the holster has a very loose fit on the CR Speed belt and slides quite freely.

I put a piece of velcro on the inside that should anchor it very well.

Don't get me wrong. The holster is awesome.

It is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks guys.

Edited by 38superman

I took the advice and ordered a Ready Tactical USPSA model.

Although I don't have much experience with it yet, it seems promising.

The gun comes out clean and quick.

If I had a complaint, it would have to be the belt loop.

The offset is made by widening the belt loop to the point that you could drive a truck through it.

No big deal but the holster has a very loose fit on the CR Speed belt and slides quite freely.

I put a piece of velcro on the inside that should anchor it very well.

Don't get me wrong. The holster is awesome.

It is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks guys.

That was the only problem i had with mine also, The velcro is a nice shim and now your holster will be in the

same spot everytime. Once i found this holster i never looked back.

I just got my Blade-Tech SRB/DOH and it's awesome so far. Obviously haven't used it in a match yet, but so far it's smooth, adjustable, and great quality.

If you order from Shooters Connection, it's also only $60. You might as well get the DOH and just take it off. That way you'll have it if you retire it for just range duty or whatever.

Edited by polizei1

• 1 month later...

I have a Tucker Leather lined Silent Thunder holster, that is ok, but the draw is a little slow for USPA. I may use it just for IDPA CDP. I recently received a Blade-Tech Black Ice holster, that is a LOT quicker, and I really like this holster. The holster is made so that the gun can be angled forward in the draw before it completely clears the holster. My son has a Blade-Tech Sting Ray Belt holster for his, and the draw doesnt seem to be quite as quick with it. Both are great holsters. :cheers:

Edited by GregJ

i run blade techs for 2 of my 3 guns and a cr speed for my 3rd. you can not beat the blade tech. i have put my holster thru the ringer and it still looks brand new. there is usually a few week wait for one of them to come in, but its totally worth it.