Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many guns is TOO MANY?

Anybody want to explain why one would use up precious gunsafe space to store a bunch of frickin' ammo???

(....other than the obvious fact that ammo is on its way to becoming scarcer and more expensive than gold....)

Anybody want to explain why one would use up precious gunsafe space to store a bunch of frickin' ammo???

(....other than the obvious fact that ammo is on its way to becoming scarcer and more expensive than gold....)

That's just his Bug Out/WTSHTF safe...

Edited by kevin c

I had lunch with a friend yesterday and the subject went to selling guns. He mentioned that he was going to sell all his guns except for the ones he competes with and carrys on a regular basis. He stated that he just doesn't have the time for the rest and that he feels the rest are just taking time away from his true passion of competing with his pistols.

I started thinking about it last night and now I am thinking the same thing. I have a large amount of long guns that I may shoot once a year if not less and I started stock piling ammo for that I may never shoot. So the question is how many guns is too many. I could sell quite a few and just keep the ones I compete with and pay off some bills or keep them all and every time I open the safe wonder what am I doing with all of this.

I know I am opening myself up here but what do you guys think.

That is a rhetorical question, right?

There is no such thing as too many guns. (or too much ammo)

Top 10 signs you have too many guns:

10 You've been caught using discrete paypal so many times, paypal has your house bugged

9 Gunbroker awards you their "buyer of the year" award

8 You buy your gun cleaning solution by the 50 gallon drum

7 You need to take a sedative before going to a gun show

6 Your FFL is your first speed dial on your cell phone

5 You voted for Obama only because you knew your net worth would quadrupple after he was elected (still not a good reason IMHO!)

4 Your sole goal in life is to build a time machine to travel back in time before 1986 so you can load up on a bunch of cool machine guns

3 You've had soo many background checks done, your FFL calls and NICS instantly responds with "Yeah, we know him, he's okay"

2 You had your master bedroom converted into a gunsafe/storage vault

1 Obama mentions your name specifically when referring to gun control

10 You've been caught using discrete paypal so many times, paypal has your house bugged

5 You voted for Obama only because you knew your net worth would quadrupple after he was elected (still not a good reason IMHO!)

4 Your sole goal in life is to build a time machine to travel back in time before 1986 so you can load up on a bunch of cool machine guns

3 You've had soo many background checks done, your FFL calls and NICS instantly responds with "Yeah, we know him, he's okay"

Good job! You win! :cheers:

When the wife says"I don't care how many guns you have or how much ammo you keep, just make sure both are locked up from the kids." So one safe has all the guns and one safe has all the ammo, primers, and powder.

Good job! You win! :cheers:

:roflol:

That is just too much. :cheers:

11. The local gunstore owner calls you up to see if you have a gun that you'd sell that a customer wants.

12. You go into several gun stores and don't buy anything because you don't see anything that you want.

11. The local gunstore owner calls you up to see if you have a gun that you'd sell that a customer wants.

12. You go into several gun stores and don't buy anything because you don't see anything that you want.

#12? Now that IS a WOW! :surprise:

I am very jealous!

Ones that didn’t make the list:

The NRA thinks you may have too many guns and accuse you of “hording”

The CEO of S&W sees their sales numbers down for the month and calls YOU to see what the problem is

You refer to your five Barrett M107s as “some of your smaller guns” in your collection

It takes you longer to pick out a gun to go to the range than it does your wife to get ready for a formal dinner

Todd Jarrett refers to YOU as a GUN NUT

Senator Bill Brady spends more time going after your gun collection then he does going after the “gun show loophole”

You’re banned from even entering the state of California

Your gun collection is worth more than your house

Mexico thinks YOU pose a bigger threat than the drug cartels

Your CCW firearms listing has more pages than the Yellowbook

The Octomom and all her kids don’t have enough fingers or toes combined to count all your guns

You stay up until the wee hours of the morning coming up with stupid top 10 lists and realize that “Yeah, all of these could apply to me!”

If your gun room looks anything like the ones you find at the Philips Ranch in OK, or the other museum near Tulsa, (Can't remember the name just now, but there are MILES of racks of guns!)

As for #12, Yeah, been there sort of. I have got tothe point that if I don't really have a use for it in competition, I generally am not interested. Not that if money were no object (Come on Pick 6) that I wouldn't have a walk in the size of my garage and probably fill it.

Ya ya Black Gun, 3 safes full, Yes Sir Yes Sir That is just too cool

(Poetry not really my strong suit)

Jim

If you have more guns than you and able-bodied members of your immediate family can personally carry with a minimum of 100 rounds for each...and be able to effectively use while carrying said guns and ammo you have too many guns. Or enough guns and way too many toys. :roflol:

On a more serious note, unless your home is set up to be the neighborhood's emergency enclave bunker...what is your plan to safeguard all the guns in excess of the above should a natural or man-made disaster strike your community? Worst case scenario being the miscreants who'd target you or your family in such circumstances because they knew or found out you had guns and ammo.

Since I'm not really sure how many I have, I'm not qualified to answer the question.

Although, I'm pretty sure I don't have enough ........................

I'm going over to the classifieds now ;)

I went to an auction today that was all from one gentleman....261 firearms and more than 50,000 rds of ammunition. It is going to take more than 2 days to auction everything, I think, I couldnt wait around any longer.....

I went to an auction today that was all from one gentleman....261 firearms and more than 50,000 rds of ammunition. It is going to take more than 2 days to auction everything, I think, I couldnt wait around any longer.....

Really? I went to a auction last month that had over 100k of just shotgun shells. There was probably more then that of centerfire. Cases and cases of powder and primers. More brass then you could haul in a payloader, not to mention the guns. The auctioneers had it all gone in about 6 hrs. Wish i had alot more money at that one. Oh way off subject, but terribly ironic, the gentleman who had owned all of this nice stuff, accidently shot himself. Didnt mean to drift the OP, just had to comment on Gun estates, and auctions.

Anyone feel like this thread should be hidden away in a dark corner to rot, mold, and vanish into dust? The top 10 was pretty fun, but hearing the words "too many guns" just sends shivers down my spine. The answer is never. There may be guns that you don't want anymore or that are worth less to you than another project, but that has nothing to do with total numbers. Ideally I'd have enough money to never sell or trade a gun. Just buy what I want and save everything for my kids and eventual grandkids. I wouldn't mind having enough money to setup a trust such that all my guns must stay within the family for any inheritance to be used.