DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crap, crap and double crap!!!!!

Stuck in Minneapolis/St. Paul because of a cancelled flight to the match in St. Cloud!!!!

They (the airline) will not let me have my luggage (tools to play) so renting a car and driving makes little sense.

So we (my girl and I) booked the "next" flight (subject to be cancelled).

If they decide to cancel this or the last flight then no match for Pat!!!! CRAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

Stuck in limbo.....................Kelley

I don't want to say yet, but damed if they have lost my GUNS!!!!

They have been looking for 2.5 hours while I wait here at MSP.

No luggage, no flight, no gear no shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will offer more info when I make it back home.................................someday...

Patrick

Back in the airport awaiting my bird.

Good match, best Tri-Gun yet! Thanks to all you were superb!

From my tired memory.

Young Mr. Horner 1st Tac Op

The veteran master of Multigun Mr. Miculek 1st Open.

Kelly Neal Heavy Optic Champ.

Me, Heavy Metal IRON

Kurt (Mr. 4 times in a row) Miller Tac IRON

A very cool surprise was bestowed upon Brian Payne's son Tyler Payne...........

Mr. Hampton (I am sorry I do not know his Army rank) announced that Tyler was

Inducted into the Army and will be a member of the prestigious AMU!!!!!

Congratulation Tyler and the AMU you picked a fine candidate.

Boarding soon.

More later.

Patrick

Good Morning All!

Hope you all had a chance to rest up last night, back to work this morning. I hope all of you had a great time and want to come back next year! Congratulations to Pat Kelley, Kurt Miller, Kelly Neal, Jerry Miculek and Daniel Horner for placing first in their respective divisions, and a big congratulations to all of the competitors, you all did a great job!

Here are the long awaited scores.

More commentary later, I need to dig out a little first! :)

Lea

09_TGC_HM_Final.pdf

09_TGC_O_Final.pdf

09_TGC_TI_Final.pdf

09_TGC_TO_Final.pdf

09_TGC_TO_H_Final.pdf

Just got through with a few hours sleep after the 12 hour ride back home.

Once again my hat is off to the folks of DPMS, Del-Tone/Luth, the dedicated RO's, and generous sponsors for putting on an EXCELLENT Event.

The stages were challenging yet straight forward and everything that I saw ran like clock work. The Tri-Gun Challenge also has the best atmosphere of any major match that I've ever attended. This is definitely one of my must do matches each year.

Running the shotgun through the house was definitely a hoot. I just hope that Bret is still doing well after installing the second entrance to the basement.

1 item of thought for future events. The six slug targets on stage 8 were painted with a big red S to identify them. These S's made the targets easier to see and made a good aiming point. As the day went on the S's were covered up with tape and made the targets hard to pick up especially in the afternoon sun (I know I missed one because I couldn't see it). I would recommend that if you paint S's on the targets that the S's get repainted after every squad just like the steel. That way they would appear the same for every one.

Other then that, I wouldn't change a thing except for the way I shot........ :cheers:

I'll be back..................

Randy, Lea, Everyone,

Many, many thanks and congratulations on an absophenomenallyfantastic match. I had a great time and I look forward to (and hope to be) seeing y'all again next year!

Best wishes,

Luke

Good Morning All!

Hope you all had a chance to rest up last night, back to work this morning. I hope all of you had a great time and want to come back next year! Congratulations to Pat Kelley, Kurt Miller, Kelly Neal, Jerry Miculek and Daniel Horner for placing first in their respective divisions, and a big congratulations to all of the competitors, you all did a great job!

Here are the long awaited scores.

More commentary later, I need to dig out a little first! :)

Lea

Like latewatch said, GREAT match/staff/sponsers!!! I was an observer this year for the first time at the match and it is added to next years list for sure!!! I see everyone posting on stages and congrats to all the winners/shooters, BUT, the 1 thing that really impressed me was when Randy's name was called at his time at the prize table, 17th, and he called up the young man in the wheelchair and told him to go pick out "HIS" prize!!!! Super class Randy!!!! Well done!!! I will be back!!! As a shooter next time hopefully. Squad 4, thanks for the great weekend watching you all shoot! Maybe we can squad up at Benning in Dec. ?

Steve

Great match as always....each year something new is added to make it even better. The added property (Stages 1 and 2) was a pleasant surprise. It felt a little different at first being the only Minnesotan on my squad, but my old friends from California, and my new ones from Kentucy, West Virginia, and Indiana made the weekend with Squad 4 a lot of fun.

Recon215....thanks for being with our squad and always smiling and keeping things upbeat. It helped me stay loose despite a few trashed stages. Sorry I cant be at Benning with you. My next major will probably be Superstition Mountain....and Duke Seibold will be there no matter what he says.

Congrats to Chris on his awesome second place finish. It was damn good to see Dan Bagger (The Cliff Walsh lookalike) and John B.(Who I'm sure is still reliving the agony of enagaing the flier a little too late) represent the bay area so well.

It was a great summer of 3 gunning and I vow to improve leaps and bounds next season.

See you next year.. B)

Edited by Truegent2004

It was damn good to see Dan Bagger (The Cliff Walsh lookalike)

:ph34r:

While ROing it was humbling to watch shooters tear down stage 5 after I thought I had a good run on it. :unsure:

The most memorable shooter for me on stage 5 was our very own JP and his short barreled flame thrower. :roflol:

Oh, and .308's break stuff. I thought we were going to run out of targets while Eddie was shooting.

This was a GREAT match - on so many levels.

I am still having trouble straightening out the thoughts running through my head. The RO's that ran themselves into the ground (or into the basement) for our safety and enjoyment. Bob Mills for running another memorable match. Big Jon for some of the best stages I have ever shot. DPMS for everything they have done for Tyler and the rest of the shooting world as a whole. (I overheard several shooters talking about how nice it was that the DPMS armorers fixed their rifles even though they weren't DPMS products). Del-Tone-Luth Gun Club for holding this match as well as the monthly Mini 3-gun matches that allowed a lot of Minnesota shooters to practice enough to place well in many of the divisions. All of the sponsors who contributed well over $200,000.00 in prizes. The workers on the range that did so much to keep the range clean and well run.

Squad #2 simply rocked. I think we were the fastest squad at resetting and pasting. In fact I am sure of it because Tim Ubl said so on stage #4. :rolleyes:

The Army Marksmanship Unit. What a class act. I am proud that my son was offered the opportunity to be a part the unit. (I just hope they put him in the Tac Iron Division)

Great match as always....each year something new is added to make it even better. The added property (Stages 1 and 2) was a pleasant surprise. It felt a little different at first being the only Minnesotan on my squad, but my old friends from California, and my new ones from Kentucky and Indiana made the weekend with Squad 4 a lot of fun.

Recon215....thanks for being with our squad and always smiling and keeping things upbeat. It helped me stay loose despite a few trashed stages. Sorry I cant be at Benning with you. My next major will probably be Superstition Mountain....and Duke Seibold will be there no matter what he says.

Congrats to Chris on his awesome second place finish. It was damn good to see Dan Bagger (The Cliff Walsh lookalike) and John B.(Who I'm sure is still reliving the agony of enagaing the flier a little too late) represent the bay area so well.

It was a great summer of 3 gunning and I vow to improve leaps and bounds next season.

See you next year.. B)

Lee, it was good fun watch all your friend who were RO's give you a hard time :lol:

Yes it was a great match. The house stage was too fun!!! The RO's and match director did an outstanding job of running the match, and were always a head of schedule.

A special thanks to Lea who has to be one of the hardest working match organizers around Thanks everybody at DPMS for making 3gun great