Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know all of you have been anxiously waiting for information, any information, concerning the DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge, I apologize for the wait, but in my defense we have been somewhat busy, especially since November! Below is the competitor information that everyone needs to read (yes, read) and follow. The "veteran" registration form has gone out to the Tri-Gun Challenge veterans via email and will be posted on www.trigunchallenge.com. The second registration form will be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website, as well as posted here, when that time comes, whether or not an email will go out to all of the past competitors remains to be seen, so please pass on the information to all of your shooting buddies. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks for your patience.... Lea

THE 2009 TRI-GUN CHALLENGE!

COMPETITOR INFORMATION!

WHO: Past Tri-Gun Challenge Competitors

WHAT: 2009 Tri-Gun Challenge/3-Gun Match

WHEN: August 21-23, 2009

WHERE: Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club, St. Cloud, MN 56304

WHY: Information You Need to Know!

Greetings Past Tri-Gun Challenge Competitors:

In six years the Tri-Gun Challenge™, sponsored by DPMS and Brownells, has grown to be one of the biggest and best 3-Gun matches in the nation but we believe we can continue to do better! Last year’s Tri-Gun Challenge proved to be one of the best matches of 2008 as 250 competitors competed on ten stages over three days and saw a prize table valued at $200,000. Many, if not all, of you have said you want to come back and shoot the 7th Annual Tri-Gun Challenge, but unfortunately not everyone will be able to do that. At this point no one should consider himself/herself registered.

As in the past, veteran shooters will have priority registration status. Those veteran shooters who have shot the match four or more years will be guaranteed a spot in the 2009 match, provided you return the completed registration form within the allotted timeframe. For those that have shot the Tri-Gun Challenge fewer than four years, the road to St. Cloud is a little more exciting. These shooters will operate on a first-come, first-serve basis for the remaining slots once the second round of registration begins.

Registration fees will be processed immediately upon receipt and are non-refundable! If extenuating circumstances force a competitor to withdraw, the committee will determine if a refund is warranted.

Shooters Who Have Shot the Match Four or More Years:

First and foremost, it is imperative that you return the application with full payment immediately! The form must be received in the DPMS office no later than 3pm on Friday, May 1, 2009 and must be fully completed (both pages) or your application will be rejected. Please print clearly! Second we will not accept advance payments for shooters who have shot the match less than four years in the hopes of getting them in the match “early.” Competitors who attempt to do this risk losing their slot and their current veteran status!

Please send your registration materials only via the Mail, UPS or FedEx to:

Tri-Gun Challenge™, c/o DPMS Firearms, LLC • Attn: Lea • 3312 12th Street SE • St. Cloud, MN 56304.

Due to the “guaranteed slot status” please DO NOT fax or email your registration materials!

Second Round Applicants:

On Friday, May 1 at the close of business (5 pm CST), the 2009 Tri-Gun Registration Form will be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website (www.trigunchallenge.com) for you and other hopeful shooters to download, print off and return as soon as possible! This registration form is different than the one the “veteran” shooters will receive and must be used! Please be advised that it is first-come, first-serve for the remaining shooter slots. Once the remaining slots are full, we will begin a waiting list.

Please send your registration materials either via the Mail, UPS or FedEx to:

Tri-Gun Challenge™, c/o DPMS Firearms, LLC • Attn: Lea

3312 12th Street SE • St. Cloud, MN 56304.

Via Fax to: DPMS at 320-345-9249, Or Via Email to: media@dpmsinc.com.

Please be advised that DPMS is not open for business on Saturdays or Sundays, no one will be available to respond to inquiries asking if the fax has been received!

If you have any questions please call DPMS at 320-345-9223 and mention the Tri-Gun Challenge™ or email lear@dpmsinc.com. Good Luck, and we hope to see you August 20, 2009 for check-in and on the range August 21-23 for the 7th Annual Tri-Gun Challenge™!

Please note the following items pertaining to the

2009 TRI-GUN CHALLENGE™ sponsored by DPMS & Brownells

Match fee this year is $255.00.

• Match fee includes the Tri-Gun Challenge™ entry fee, one (1) match T-Shirt & one (1) match lapel pin.

(Please Note: Additional match T-Shirts are available for $12 each and the collectible Lapel Pin will be available for $5 each)

• Shooters are encouraged to fly into the St. Cloud regional airport (STC). The St. Cloud airport is located 2 miles from Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club. The Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport (MSP) is also available for flights and is approximately 1.5 hours from the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club in St. Cloud, MN.

The liability form must be signed by all competitors upon check-in!

All shooters must check-in at the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club on Thursday, August 20, 2009. Check-in will begin at noon and run through the evening. At check-in shooters will receive their shooter’s packets, promotional bags and any additional information.

• Information will be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge™ website (www.trigunchallenge.com) as well as the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club’s website (www.del-tone-luth.com).

RegForm_E_2009.pdf

Much snippage

Second Round Applicants:

On Friday, May 1 at the close of business (5 pm CST), the 2009 Tri-Gun Registration Form will be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website (www.trigunchallenge.com) for you and other hopeful shooters to download, print off and return as soon as possible! This registration form is different than the one the "veteran" shooters will receive and must be used! Please be advised that it is first-come, first-serve for the remaining shooter slots. Once the remaining slots are full, we will begin a waiting list.

More snippage

Are you really on Central Standard Time (CST)?

• 2 weeks later...

COMPETITOR INFORMATION!

WHO: Past Tri-Gun Challenge Competitors

WHAT: 2009 Tri-Gun Challenge/3-Gun Match

WHEN: August 21-23, 2009

WHERE: Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club, St. Cloud, MN 56304

WHY: Information You Need to Know!

Second Round Applicants:

On Friday, May 1 at the close of business (5 pm CDT), the 2009 Tri-Gun Registration Form will be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge website (www.trigunchallenge.com) for you and other hopeful shooters to download, print off and return as soon as possible! This registration form is different than the one the “veteran” shooters will receive and must be used! Please be advised that it is first-come, first-serve for the remaining shooter slots. Once the remaining slots are full, we will begin a waiting list.

Please send your registration materials either via the Mail, UPS or FedEx to:

Tri-Gun Challenge™, c/o DPMS Firearms, LLC • Attn: Lea

3312 12th Street SE • St. Cloud, MN 56304.

Via Fax to: DPMS at 320-345-9249, Or Via Email to: media@dpmsinc.com.

Please be advised that DPMS is not open for business on Saturdays or Sundays, no one will be available to respond to inquiries asking if the fax has been received!

If you have any questions please call DPMS at 320-345-9223 and mention the Tri-Gun Challenge™ or email lear@dpmsinc.com. Good Luck, and we hope to see you August 20, 2009 for check-in and on the range August 21-23 for the 7th Annual Tri-Gun Challenge™!

Please note the following items pertaining to the 2009 TRI-GUN CHALLENGE™ sponsored by DPMS & Brownells

Match fee this year is $255.00.

• Match fee includes the Tri-Gun Challenge™ entry fee, one (1) match T-Shirt & one (1) match lapel pin.

(Please Note: Additional match T-Shirts are available for $12 each and the collectible Lapel Pin will be available for $5 each)

• Shooters are encouraged to fly into the St. Cloud regional airport (STC). The St. Cloud airport is located 2 miles from Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club. The Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport (MSP) is also available for flights and is approximately 1.5 hours from the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club in St. Cloud, MN.

The liability form must be signed by all competitors upon check-in!

All shooters must check-in at the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club on Thursday, August 20, 2009. Check-in will begin at noon and run through the evening. At check-in shooters will receive their shooter’s packets, promotional bags and any additional information.

• Information will be posted on the Tri-Gun Challenge™ website (www.trigunchallenge.com) as well as the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club’s website (www.del-tone-luth.com).

09_2ndRdAppRegForm.pdf

Will you let us know if you received our entry for 1st round? You can't always trust the Post Office :)

Cheryl :)

Edited by ccur

Will you let us know if you received our entry for 1st round? You can't always trust the Post Office :)

I sent mine with a delivery confirmation. I've got proof from the Government that it was there on the 30th..........On second thought I'd like confirmation from a more reliable source also. :unsure:

Cheryl, I received entries for both you and Rod...and BTW, my Mom works for the Post Office!

I sent mine with a delivery confirmation. I've got proof from the Government that it was there on the 30th..........On second thought I'd like confirmation from a more reliable source also. :unsure:

And yes Steve, I have yours too...thanks to the trusty post office.

For us second rounders when will we know if we are in or on the wait list? I faxed my app. from the rain soaked Single Stack Nationals. Was not able to get to FedEX so hope you got it.

Thank you Lea........ :cheers:

For us second rounders when will we know if we are in or on the wait list? I faxed my app. from the rain soaked Single Stack Nationals. Was not able to get to FedEX so hope you got it.

I have it...but I'm still trying to get through the pile of applications. I should hopefully have a better idea of who's in and who's on the wait list early next week. A confirmation email will go out to those who have made the cut (as well as an email to those on the waiting list) once I have processed everyone's application forms. Sorry for the delay, but with the NRA Convention next week it's a little crazy around here...

I have it...but I'm still trying to get through the pile of applications. I should hopefully have a better idea of who's in and who's on the wait list early next week. A confirmation email will go out to those who have made the cut (as well as an email to those on the waiting list) once I have processed everyone's application forms. Sorry for the delay, but with the NRA Convention next week it's a little crazy around here...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheryl, I received entries for both you and Rod...and BTW, my Mom works for the Post Office!

If your mom is like you, she is an awesome woman and fully worthy of our trust :) Thanks Leah

Cheryl

Edited by ccur

Okay, Okay, Okay...stop already. I know many/all of you are excited about the upcoming Tri-Gun Challenge, but please stop calling me to check to see if you've made it into the match... I honestly don't know, I haven't gotten through all of the application forms. I apologize for the wait but with being out of the office last week at a writer's shoot and this week with the NRA Convention, there just hasn't been enough hours in the day to get everything done. I do know that there are a lot of applications, and there will be a waiting list, who ends up on it will have to wait. As soon as I have everything entered and have processed payments, I will send out confirmation emails to those who made it into the match as well as a separate email to those on the waiting list, until then...stay tuned.

Lea

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tri-Gun Challenge Update:

Confirmation emails have gone out to those shooters who currently have a slot in the upcoming match. We have a very long wait list this year, but as I have said in the past, those on the waiting list need to remain patient as slots do open up later in the summer. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Lea

• 1 month later...

way too quiet for this big match! time is flying. soon it will be upon us. what a match! it is well worth the 2400 miles round trip.

this year i promise not to go for the bag!

1chota

• 2 weeks later...

Competitors - Expect to receive an email from me this week outlining what to expect at the match in two weeks (basic things, but no stage designs, those will be kept "secret" until the Thursday you arrive). Shooters on the waiting list, stay tuned, there may be some slots opening up. Until then, here are the round counts for the match. Please keep in mind these are all minimums!

Total Round Count: 344

Shotgun: 117

Slug: 6

Rifle: 105

Pistol: 116

I apologize for not keeping everyone up to speed (and for being so quiet) but I have been traveling more than usual this summer for DPMS, so...

Lea L Ramthun

Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations

DPMS Firearms, LLC

Can we ship ammo?

Chris (and anyone else wondering the same thing),

Yes you can ship ammo. Prominently mark on the outside of the box "Hold for YOUR NAME HERE".

Please ship it to the following address:

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club

Attn: YOUR NAME HERE

3322 12th Street SE

Saint Cloud, MN 56304

The ammo will be available for you to pickup when you check-in next Thursday. See you then!

Lea

Looking forward to coming out and I am not even shooting this match. Can't wait to see old friends and meet some new 1's! Next stop Ft. Benning in Dec. !!!!

Steve

Steve,

I think you speak for all of the 210 shooters that will be welcomed as part of the DPMS family next week! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

Lea