Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tackdriver

sleipnir

Kinda makes you wonder where 'like a tackdriver' phrase came from. Is/was there a special tool to drive tacks? When did the phrase come about? Did a couple of quick searches with no help...

According to Yahoo answers

"...It goes back to times when shooting competitions were held in communities all over the U.S. and when the best shots were left, they would actually place a nail or "tack" on the wooden target or tree, and the shooters would attempt to hit the nail or tack on the head from a set distance..."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...15224510AAbKHuZ

I'm always glad when someone's not shitting me. I bet it'd be fairly painful for the both of us.

I'm also happier when someone is kind enough to ask 'would I shit you?'. I certainly hope not.

In the good ole days before my time,my dad and grandfather went to various shooting events around home here in SE Oh and that was the task to drive tacks with 22 rifle's for $$$

I used to shoot at Roofing nail head stuck in cardbourd with my pelet gun , But that was at 8 yards

Well shucks.....i should have kept that old BB gun of mine.....It was a true Bumble Bee popper and egg spliter :roflol:

Those were actually things I used to shoot at. Anytime we had eggs go bad or found a new nest that the chickens had laid, since we didnt know how old the nest was ( always hated scramble partial chicks for breakfast) I would just set them up on something and use them for target practice. They make a nice reactive target.

Every time the wild sunflowers would bloom we would have more than our fair share of bumble bees so that was another good target. They make a not nice reactive target........if you miss :surprise: