Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Might be cold, but I'm going for a ride!

Matt Cheely

If we can get a nice mid 50 day in late november we take the bikes out. The one time we stayed at the tavern a little to late and we had to scrape the frost off the bikes before we headed for home. It will be 2 months before I even consider getting mine out of the garage.

Stay safe Matt,

Tom

Matt, watch out... Cold like that you will have little to no traction, and with as quick as that Yammy turns in you will be very close to a low side with every turn.

Still, have fun. :cheers:

Yes, I could tell that there was low traction and I took it really easy. First ride on the bike and all. Fingers and toes were cold after about 30 minutes but it wasn't bad.

Only other bike I've really been on was a BMW K1200LT. I used to think that was fast... :surprise: Now I know what fast is.

I used to think that was fast... :surprise: Now I know what fast is.

Throttle pinned to the stop on a 4-cylinder superbike or a leaned on Ducati twin on the banks of Daytona as you approach the chicane or the back straight at Road Atlanta just before you hit the Gravity Cavity...THAT's what fast REALLY feels like :D

I still remember the pushing the season in March growing up in northern New York...memories of that first ride with snow on the sides of the road and temps on the colder side of frosty...you're taking me back, man. Thanks for sharing :cheers:

Curtis

Good on ya Matt. Commuting on a bike is a big advantage here in DC land due to the HOV lanes. I see guys riding year around. I saw one this morning when it was 18 degrees out. Coldest I've done is 29. Won't do it again until I get some heated gear. Stay safe.

Not on a Crouch but on a GW but rode about 4 hours this morning. Short sleeve shirt around 70 degrees here in LA (lower Alabama). Of course I have been riding all winter. :D

post-3077-1234037258_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcattack

Well, here on Maui, I rode the bike to work yesterday cuz it was only 82 degrees. KLR650 plenty enough fast for me and 50 mpg.

See you wear a Shoei, too. Smart man. My days of thinking the head was worth only a $65.00 helmet are over.

Hope for warmer weather for you soon!