Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taken,..good action movie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Over a long life-time I have acquired a certain set of skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let her go, i will forget all about you, If you don't, I WILL hunt you down, I WILL find you and I WILL KILL YOU!

And it gets better from there.

If you have not seen this, GO.

I don't buy many movies, I will likely look to by this one when it comes out.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Saw it at the dollar theater. (Actually $0.50 on tuesdays)

I liked it a lot. I wasn't all that happy with the "Dad as a schlub" beginning, that made the transition to pit bull on steroids a bit hard to take.

But one detail I did like: Liam Neeson's character hurt as little as possible those who were not involved in the situaition. But anyone who was, he took out as quickly and efficiently as possible. Remorseless.

I also liked that he picked up guns, and kept them when needed. Also, none of this "covering fire" nonsense of blasting off shots to look bad-ass. If he's shooting, someone is catching.

• 1 month later...

At first glance, I wondered how Liam Neeson could play such a role. I was not used to see him in this kind of character.

But he's top notch here ! Nothing choregraphied like in some action movies, but brutality and efficiency.

As Patrick said, each time he shot, the bullet hit the intended target, same thing when he punches, stab or cut.

This movie is a must see and it's really nice to see the character is playing seriously, no ninja techniques or spray and pray gunning. Very realistic.

A buddy of mine saw the movie and recognized all the firearms he sold to the film armorer (All the Sigs).

And all Luc Besson's productions are not that great, he also made some 2nd grade films for french market <_<

I just got the DVD. I don't see how the "unrated" version is different than the theatrical version.

Just watched the unrated version a few days ago. There are a few scenes that are slightly extended from the theatrical version but I didn't see any new scenes.

I think my favorite part is

when he shoots the bodyguard through the porthole on the boat..

No BS, no hollywood moves, just pop up, bang and then gone again...... :roflol: I had to give a HOOAH when i first saw that in the theater.

I just got the DVD. I don't see how the "unrated" version is different than the theatrical version.

Just watched the unrated version a few days ago. There are a few scenes that are slightly extended from the theatrical version but I didn't see any new scenes.

I think my favorite part is

when he shoots the bodyguard through the porthole on the boat..

No BS, no hollywood moves, just pop up, bang and then gone again...... :roflol: I had to give a HOOAH when i first saw that in the theater.

DId the extended scenes add much to the movie or was it mostly filler? I loved the movie so if it added something I'll look for the unrated version.