Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What trigger for 3gun

TROUTDIVER

I have a CD M4-BE that I'm setting up for 3-gun. What trigger is everyone using, single stage, two stage and who's trigger are you using.

Oh, I didn't know there was anything but JP :roflol:

mccormick single stage. ran a jp for a few seasons but had too many light primer strikes. never had a single ignition problem with the mccormick. tried many other types, including jard which was more reliable than the jp as well. only problem with the mccormicks is they are hard to find right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put a Timney 3lb single stage in mine, but haven't competed with or shot it very much yet.

However, I do like it ALOT better than the 9lb creepy piece of junk that came in the rifle!

Installation was stupid fast also.

I'm happy.

I have not shot with one, did not know there was such a thing until SHOT, but the AR Gold was the second best feeling trigger I saw.

http://www.americantrigger.com/

Kind of embarassing, really. They had one at the McCormick booth, I think as an accomodation to PACT who distributes the Gold, and it made their trigger look sick.

I've tried that trigger at Ft. Benning and again at SHOT. I just really don't like the feel. The way it works is really cool, there is just not spring pressure on the reset. The other concern for three gunners is the way it interacts with the safety. As you're putting the safety on it cams the hammer off of the sear, completely blocking it. It's cool in that it completely prevents any hammer slip. The problem is it sets up two stages as you apply the safety. The smooth one everyone is used to, and then an increase in pressure as the hammer cams. I'd be willing to bet someone is going to hit that first pressure wall and not get the safety all the way on earning a DQ.

I didn't know which way to go either as I'm building my first 3gun AR. I went the RR two stage route. While it is VERY smooth I just don't like it.

I have since bought a gold trigger from one of our nice members. I don't have it yet so I can't give advice on it but I like the concept...with the two stage trigger it is a mystery when the shot will break...too much of a mystery for me.

I hope to be able to review it (gold) soon B)

At least I know there is a good market for the JP triggers I have when I find a good clean two stage. Had an AR Gold on order for about two months now, hope it comes in soon. Not that the JP is bad, it is a nice single stage trigger, but I need some movement to prep and press. I shoot a two stage trigger a lot better than a single stage trigger provided both are reasonably clean breaking.

At least I know there is a good market for the JP triggers I have when I find a good clean two stage. Had an AR Gold on order for about two months now, hope it comes in soon. Not that the JP is bad, it is a nice single stage trigger, but I need some movement to prep and press. I shoot a two stage trigger a lot better than a single stage trigger provided both are reasonably clean breaking.

Howard, have you tried a Geiselle? I set one up for a friend, it's very nice. His was the Service Rifle version.

Hi Dan,

No, but I think a friend has one, and he has a new Jewell two stage to put in, I just need to find a day when he and I can go plinking. I have high hopes for the Gold, if their scans are true it will be the holy grail of rifle triggers for me.

Hi Dan,

No, but I think a friend has one, and he has a new Jewell two stage to put in, I just need to find a day when he and I can go plinking. I have high hopes for the Gold, if their scans are true it will be the holy grail of rifle triggers for me.

I called PACT yesterday and got generic "they are starting to ship" but they gave me no real time frame other than the next few weeks...I didn't press it as I figure a lot of people are anxious.

Has anyone got theirs yet?

Hi Dan,

I think Jewell makes a heck of a bolt gun trigger, I have a couple. I didn't like their AR trigger at all. My service rifles have tweaked Armalite triggers. Try the Geiselle, I think you'll like it.