Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Multi gun Nationals in Las Vegas?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken,

Not so much cost issues as I don't have any components for the heavies on hand. Went to the Kurt Miller idea of shooting all 55s all the time and just running Nosler BT's at majors. There was some chatter two years ago about R&R's plate racks not working well with lighter bullets, however I have had no problems. In my experience, it is usually much more about the quality of the hit than the bullet weight, just haven't had a lot of time with the Larues and wanted to hears some stories :D

55 NBTs work just fine and that's all I use. Just get a good hit on the upper portion of the target and it will go down.

The stages are in for final approvals and should hit the USPSA website any day. I wouldn't expect squad lists until a week or so prior to the match.

Match Hotel has been announced as the Sunset Station in Henderson. Group rate info. is on the USPSA website.

the silverton is actually cheaper. they have a deal if you stay 3 nites, you also get a $100 bass pro shop card, which is right next to the hotel. stayed there last 3gun nats-awesome place. it's only 8 miles from the match hotel and is on the end of the strip (kinda).

Has anyone else noticed or did I just overlook that the USPSA Multigun Nationals are called the DPMS USPSA Multigun Nationals.

Uncle Randy has stepped up once again. I bet the list is shorter on what matches he does NOT sponsor!

Thank you DPMS!!!

Patrick

I haven't been paying any attention to this match, but I do like to peruse Pat's remarks! All I can say is HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! Not only does DPMS put on one fo the best 3-gun matches in the U.S. They also sponsor allmost EVERY other 3-gun match in the U.S. If you aren't supporting DPMS you just don't care about our sport! THANK YOU RANDY LUTH!!! KurtM

I haven't been paying any attention to this match, but I do like to peruse Pat's remarks! All I can say is HOLY MOLY!!!!!!! Not only does DPMS put on one fo the best 3-gun matches in the U.S. They also sponsor allmost EVERY other 3-gun match in the U.S. If you aren't supporting DPMS you just don't care about our sport! THANK YOU RANDY LUTH!!! KurtM

+1 My thanks as well Randy and the whole DPMS company.

Sent in my registration last week and they cashed my check today so I guess I'm in, now to find a cheap hotel.

does any one know if this is a match that we can run out of the back of our trucks for gear ammo and snack foods or would combat strollers & carts be the order of the day due to parking issues?

Sent in my registration last week and they cashed my check today so I guess I'm in, now to find a cheap hotel.

does any one know if this is a match that we can run out of the back of our trucks for gear ammo and snack foods or would combat strollers & carts be the order of the day due to parking issues?

The range is set up with a huge open area in front of the berms and shooting areas. There is plenty of room for cars moving bay to bay. If that is going to be allowed is the question. My guess with Michael as MD the answer is yes.

When you go to the range website (from USPSA Nationals), they have Latest News, and they have info for stuff through November, but no Nationals listed! Do they know we're coming??

It just makes me feel a little worried, as we've changed the venue. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Am I crazy?? Whoops! Yes I am, but I mean about this??

When you go to the range website (from USPSA Nationals), they have Latest News, and they have info for stuff through November, but no Nationals listed! Do they know we're coming??

It just makes me feel a little worried, as we've changed the venue. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

I wouldn't worry. They probably haven't updated thier site.

Don't worry, they know we are coming. It is a USPSA event not theirs, we are simply renting the range from them.

They did use them in Oregon in 2006 I think. Last year, they didn't have any long targets except for the standards stage, and I can't remember 2007. But I thought those steel flashers on the stage we ended up running the 4-wheeler out were higher penalty, but I can't remember for sure!

not in oregon-i remember that stage up on the hill...we were shooting those little plates out to 360 or so, and they were just 5 points.

They did use them in Oregon in 2006 I think. Last year, they didn't have any long targets except for the standards stage, and I can't remember 2007. But I thought those steel flashers on the stage we ended up running the 4-wheeler out were higher penalty, but I can't remember for sure!

not in oregon-i remember that stage up on the hill...we were shooting those little plates out to 360 or so, and they were just 5 points.

2006 MG Nationals scored the steel as 2A (10 points) on stage 12 (titled "HLM"). 2007 A1MG (Albany, OR) and 2008 A1MG (also Albany, OR) both used enhanced target value for rifle on the "long range" stages - increasing target value as target distance increased. IIRC, the LR rifle stage was thrown out (bottle-neck issues?) in 2008. Or was it 2007? Enhanced target value seems to work well, and it make sense. I expect to see it in Vegas.

ac

2006 MG Nationals scored the steel as 2A (10 points) on stage 12 (titled "HLM"). 2007 A1MG (Albany, OR) and 2008 A1MG (also Albany, OR) both used enhanced target value for rifle on the "long range" stages - increasing target value as target distance increased. IIRC, the LR rifle stage was thrown out (bottle-neck issues?) in 2008. Or was it 2007? Enhanced target value seems to work well, and it make sense. I expect to see it in Vegas.

ac

i checked my scoresheet from the 06 MG nationals and all steel was scored only 5 pts on that stage. total points were 105, total rounds 21. i shot it pretty clean, dropping 7 on the paper.

i checked my scoresheet from the 06 MG nationals and all steel was scored only 5 pts on that stage. total points were 105, total rounds 21. i shot it pretty clean, dropping 7 on the paper.

Your score sheet? From a match 3 years ago? Hell I cant remember the stages when I see the scores a day later at Norco. So how far back does your archive go?