Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns you'd like to have...

The other day I was checking out some Gunbroker auctions for guns that I really like, but will probably never get around to buying. It made me think that I have a pretty long list of guns that I'd really like to own, but it just hasn't happened. I added one of those to the safe recently when I bought a second year production S&W Model 41, but that's barely a dent in the list. So, what are the guns you'd really like to have, even if there is no practical use you'd have for them? I'll start.

Winchester 1895 in .405 Win with a half round/half octagon barrel (24")....case hardened frame and upgraded wood. I could even be happy with one of the modern production models since most originals in .405 are running into the $4-8K range now. I'd also be happy with an all round or all octagonal barrel if I found a deal on one. Why? I have no idea, but I think they're cool and they'd go nicely with my Model '97 12ga takedown model, Pre-War Pre-64 Model 70 Supergrade in .300 H&H and my Model 52C Target.

Winchester 1885....either a high wall or low wall would be cool and lots of calibers would be interesting. I guess a high wall in .405 would be a neat partner for the 1895 above.

Smith & Wesson 1875 Schofield with a 5" barrel...they just look incredibly cool to me. Unfortunately, I don't think a reproduction would quite cut it with this gun.

Holland & Holland double rifle in .375 H&H. I don't really hunt, have no plans on going on safari, but that is THE classic safari gun and it would just be cool to have and shoot a couple rounds every few years just for grins. The price makes this the least likely one for me to ever own, but I wouldn't mind visiting their shop in the U.K. the next time I'm there...just to drool!

Several S&W revolvers; Model 29's, 629's, 57's 657's or 610s with 3" or 4" barrels and unfluted cylinders...like some of the Lew Horton versions. They have to be pre-lock models if they're on a wish list. I do have a 610 with the 3 7/8" barrel and that sorta got me started on this overall combo of an N frame with a short barrel and unfluted cyclinder. I don't have a need for these, but they'd be fun and my wife really likes revolvers.

Colt Python, 4" barrel in royal blue. No real reason necessary....they're just classy.

Colt SAA or USFA SAA with a 4 3/4" barrel in .44WCF....I have this same gun with a 7 1/2" barrel...Frontier Six Shooter and it's a hoot!

Those are the ones off the top of my head...I may add a few more as I think of them. Oh, and if you have any of the above or something really close, drop me a line!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rifle Charlton Heston was given by the NRA which he held over his head and made "cold dead hands" declaration.

The derringer used by JW Booth to shoot Lincoln.

Examples of all issued rifles and pistols used by all sides in all major wars fought on US soil (Revolutionary, 1812, Civil) with provenance documented and solid.

A set of real, period dueling pistols. The Hamilton/Burr set would be nifty.

JMB's first 1911

Yeah...I have a serious historical bent.

I'm not wishing for anything out of the ordinary, I have too many safe queens already. :huh:

just looking to get some fun guns now. :o

625JM (I should have bought the first one I saw, I'll never find another deal like that $600 NIB)

Beowulf upper

Colt python 4" or 6"

Auto Shotgun (haven't decided on a specific one yet)

Colt SAA 4 5/8 in 45

Hopefuly I will eventually be able to obtain these:

JP LRP-07

Benneli

STI-Edge

...but good things cost money.

You know after reading Jim's, that suppressed UMP 45 would be quite dandy too.

Edited by betterment

Well,

A really nice skinny gun in .45 with the magwell and all black Dawsons, Ion-bonded black.

One of those Brazos Limited guns, Ion-bonded black.

An M1 Garand, new one would be okay.

BAR, semi-auto would be okay too.

Any decent 12GA O/U with a set of choke tubes for it

My old star barreled 1903-A3 Springfield. I could hit a Jackrabbit at 350-400 yards with one of those all day long when I was a kid.

That HK 556 with a Aimpoint M4..

Finally two Benellis. One set up for hunting and one for thee-gunning.

That would be it. I could then be truly happy because that is about all the guns I covet. Funny thing is many of you have one or more of these. Some of you might have them all.

MP5SD

M4 (well, a registered "full happy" lower, anyway)

M2HB

Barrett Model 82A1

AI AW .308 + appropriate optics, and a couple extra barrels

Winchester 1897 USGI trench gun

various custom built 1911s (high end, hand built, exquisitely detailed types of things, built by the master smiths, etc)

Those are the heavy hitters, anyway... I have a lot of other small pieces that'd be nice to pick up, too, but they're not "dream gun" type of things...

Edited by XRe

I agree with Boz a Barret 50 and truckload of ammo

M&P M5

A really nice rifle in 375 H&H

I always wanted one of the silenced "grease" guns they used in the WW II movies.

An old Colt revolver

A benelli set up for Three Gun

Get my rifle set up by Benny for Three Gun. This one is coming soon.

Ruger #1 in 45/70, .416

winchester/ marlin lever gun in 44mag, 45/70.

a couple of chromed vacquero's in .44mag

a 1880's vintage Gatling gun would be fun to wheel around and go plinking with.

and of course, a schmeisser mp40

Guns are what dreams are made of...

UMP.45 suppressed

MP5

M3 Grease gun

M1a1 carbine

M2 Carbine

BAR

Thompson with Cutts and 100 round drum

Barret Semi-Auto in 50 BMG and in 338 Lapua

MacMillan Tac-50

A selection of Revos for PPC, Steel and Bianchi (Open and Iron)

A WWII era Mauser in excellent condition

M1C and M1D Sniper Rifles, the real thing, not made ups

If we really want to get 'out there' the Winchester and Colt commemorative series, ALL OF THEM, Two each (Actually know someone that used to collect them.

Heck, lets cut to the chase, there are two really sweet collections out in Oklahoma, Frank Phillips at he Phillips Ranch and the one just out side Tulsa, that one has over a MILE of displays!

Jim

Probably missing more than I've listed, but if tis were to occur, I'd also need a new home, anbut 4x the size of the current, so that I'd be able to walk through the gun rooms.

Santa has heard all of your wishes..if you are all good boys this year make space under the tree (and in your safe).

To be young again...

Edited by GIO