Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not a good way to start off the New Year

Gameplayer

With a speeding ticket (50 in a 35). First one in 30 years. Since when did a speeding ticket cost $120! :surprise:

Yeah, I got one to last night, running late, not paying attention to my speed and see the blue and reds. I was doing 84 in a 65. He reduced it down to 10 miles over, no points off, and I'll just go to traffic school like it never happened. This was the first time I've been pulled over and the guy didn't seemed like I just knocked up his daughter.

If you have the option where your at, go to traffic school, sit through it bored to tears and be done. We can go every year.

+1 to Traffic School... unless you were in a construction zonze with workers present, or a school zone.... costs almost the same up front, but no points, no insurance hike.

Some states offer "rejudication" if you have had not any other tickets in the last year? or so...... about the same cost of traffic school, but you just pay a fee, no school, and if you get no more tickets in the next 6 months, 1 year, whatever, they drop the points, plus no insurance reporting.

All these optionsd don't require a lawyer, if offered in your state.

But if you have someone reasonable, or on retainer, go for it.

With a speeding ticket (50 in a 35). First one in 30 years. Since when did a speeding ticket cost $120! :surprise:

Seems to me that's a pretty normal fine for 15 mph over the speed limit on the highway. In town I assume in a 35 mph zone I think you're lucky it wasn't $220.

Some states offer "rejudication" if you have had not any other tickets in the last year? or so...... about the same cost of traffic school, but you just pay a fee, no school, and if you get no more tickets in the next 6 months, 1 year, whatever, they drop the points, plus no insurance reporting.

They call it the Infraction Deferral Program here. If I pay $206.50 that will take care of all the above. I'm leaning towards this.

Seems to me that's a pretty normal fine for 15 mph over the speed limit on the highway. In town I assume in a 35 mph zone I think you're lucky it wasn't $220.

You are probably right in being lucky. I just wasn't aware that tickets had went up so much over the years.

All in all, do whatever you can to mitigate the fine and points loss. Without killing th ewallet in the process, the extra insurance costs are the real killer.

Best I ever got was $750 for Dangerous Speed, speed unknown I was going very very very fast in town. That was close on 20years ago when the Insurance companies had not right to get your record.

Just went to court paid the fine and shut my mouth. It is real hard to argue your point when you overtake the Officer on the inside, not see him and then get stopped way down the road.

Nowadays that speed would get me locked up for night or two, my licence gone for 12months and the car impounded or siezed. Plus whatever the insurance companies rapes me over a barrel for.

Be careful.

I seem to get a ticket once every ten years, whether I need it or not. My last was 68 in a 55 zone and cost $240, which is standard in LA.

We had an article in the paper just the other day about ticket issuance going up in a down economy :angry2: Kick us while they're down why don't they...

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2009/01/06...d1990728490.txt

Frank

I've seen this locally also. I was on the back roads the other night that I have not seen an LEO on in over 4 years of regular driving and they had 5 people pulled over along the way and were writing tickets. Now my short cut is just as long as the other way around.

In some states, you can plead guilty to "unsafe driving" as the result of a speeding ticket or other minor moving violation. "Unsafe driving" usually doesn't result in any points on your license (which can increase your car insurance rates).

I agree, was in wreck four weeks ago all were ok. The officer walks up to me and gives me a ticket for failure to reduce speed to avoid and accident. $25 fine and $120 dollar court cost. Looked me in the eyes and said it is what it is. There were no skid marks. I calmly as possible said well duh I have anitlock brakes. He says well you have not had a ticket in 15 years should be good to go. :angry2: Any way planning on doing the driving school thing and stayimg out of trouble.

Oh yeah truck is still waiting on parts. Seems the grill on the Nissan Titan XE is on national back order.

Not due to ship from Nissan till today. Will probably be mid next week or the week after before I get my baby back.

Luckily, In my short career of driving, I have been pulled over 4 times, 2 for speeding (both by the same cop on the same week on the same Road) and the other two have been just minor violations (headlights and no turn signal).......NOT ONE TICKET!!!! *Knock on wood*

Luckily, In my short career of driving, I have been pulled over 4 times, 2 for speeding (both by the same cop on the same week on the same Road) and the other two have been just minor violations (headlights and no turn signal).......NOT ONE TICKET!!!! *Knock on wood*

You had better knock till your knuckles bleed on that one.......... :surprise:

I got one when I was camping in a state park up north about 10 yrs ago. 18 in a 10. Cost me 125.00. I know the kids on roller blades were going faster than I was. I said 'you have got to be kidding me!!' He wasn't. He said "We take our speed limits very seriously here.

Edited by pas44