Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

F'ing morons shooting in the air

HSMITH

In the last 10 minutes I have heard at least 200 gunshots, they are mixed in with the fireworks but the difference isn't hard to tell. Pistols, shotguns and rifles, a lot more rifle activity this year than in years past. It isn't like I live in a bad neighborhood, the closest 'bad' neighborhood to here is about 3 miles (in this area that is a LONG way) so these morons are doing it in 'nice' neighborhoods!!! I haven't heard anything hit the roof or the siding this year, and neither has the border collie (in contention for the smartest member of the family), but come on. No one in my immediate area is doing it, but they aren't far away. I know that bullets fired straight up aren't lethal unless you are shooting a 50, but how many of these arseholes shooting in the air in the city know that? They give us all a bad name and that sucks.

Yeah, I was one of those "urban pioneers" that moved into St. Louis city back in the 80's. Being a county boy my first New Years eve was eye opening to say the least.

Don't expect much gunplay tonight here in the wild outlaw town of Scottsdale.

Seems I recall seeing a forenics type show a while back where some idiot fired his 44 mag in the air and it killed someone. They were able to determine by trajectory approximately where the shot came from and arrested the jerk.

Yep same here ...the tool 2 houses down thinking no one would pick out the sub-sonic Aguila ammo fired out of his 10-22. Had a not so nice chat with him at 11:30 last night. WTH is the matter with these idiots? Finger on trigger = frontal lobe disengage? :angry2:

That's weird. I heard what SOUNDED like gunshots yesterday evening (long before midnight)--about six or eight of them--and I've NEVER heard gunfire here in the 16 years I've lived here. In fact, New Year's can be notoriously quiet in this neighborhood. :mellow:

But we're right on the Willamette River here, and there are substantial walking bridges across it. The area on this side of the river is considered a "very nice neighborhood", whereas the part of town across these walking/biking bridges is notoriously "questionable" in nature. So, the shots could've been coming from someone 'questionable' shooting off the walking bridge closest to us. But that's just a wild guess. Could've been just about ANYONE close by or along the river. :ph34r:

Well, the good news is we collected about 5 guns from people tonight. Two of them for those same stupid people and 3 others for other offenses including 2 homicides. Happy New Year.

Thank you my friend for making our streets safer places :cheers::cheers:

Happy New Year!

Yeah, we heard a few gunshots on the north side, kinda right in the middle of them for several minutes.......:huh:

My guys got a drunk 20-year old gang banger w/a new-ish (still traces of the gold factory grease) G27 and a little weed. He was being a dick, so we did a search warrant on his house and got a lot more weed. The warrant was signed at 12:45 am, we figured it's 'prolly the first s/w in the state for '09.

Got a bunch of O.T. too.

I'm pretty sure I could hear it here last night as well. I live way too close to the "hood". Earlier I was in Walmart picking up some 9mm last night, a young man was enquiring what kind of ammo his "grandpa's" 22 revolver would shoot. After he walked away with his ammo I remarked to the clerk I hope those don't end up fired in the air later tonight. He laughed and said you are probably right.

In the last 10 minutes I have heard at least 200 gunshots, they are mixed in with the fireworks but the difference isn't hard to tell. Pistols, shotguns and rifles, a lot more rifle activity this year than in years past. It isn't like I live in a bad neighborhood, the closest 'bad' neighborhood to here is about 3 miles (in this area that is a LONG way) so these morons are doing it in 'nice' neighborhoods!!! I haven't heard anything hit the roof or the siding this year, and neither has the border collie (in contention for the smartest member of the family), but come on. No one in my immediate area is doing it, but they aren't far away. I know that bullets fired straight up aren't lethal unless you are shooting a 50, but how many of these arseholes shooting in the air in the city know that? They give us all a bad name and that sucks.

Yeah we had the pin heads out shooting in my neighborhood as well. I'm sure it is the only time some these types actually get some practice! :surprise:

I know that bullets fired straight up aren't lethal unless you are shooting a 50, but how many of these arseholes shooting in the air in the city know that?
Falling bullets kill.

For some reason the culture in NOLA meant popping a few caps in the air on New Years Eve. Several years ago a tourist in New Orleans was killed by a falling bullet. Since then the city made a huge push to clean up this nonsense. News release this year happily proclaimed that no one was killed and only one man was grazed by a falling bullet. First report of a falling bullet injury in 3 years.

Nice place to visit. Glad I don't live there.

Yeah, we heard a few gunshots on the north side, kinda right in the middle of them for several minutes.......:huh:

My guys got a drunk 20-year old gang banger w/a new-ish (still traces of the gold factory grease) G27 and a little weed. He was being a dick, so we did a search warrant on his house and got a lot more weed. The warrant was signed at 12:45 am, we figured it's 'prolly the first s/w in the state for '09.

Got a bunch of O.T. too.

Yep, You got to love the O.T.! Maybe if people knew how much of the job was spent filling out paperwork they wouldn't take COPS so seriously. It is not all "Chasing the bad guys". But you get to do it every once in a while.

I watched Myth Busters where they tested this. They found bullets fired straight up perpendicular to the earth fell to the ground without lethal force. Now bullets fired at an angle were not tested and i believe the people getting killed are from bullets fired at an angle.

Not that I condone shooting in the air although I could shoot bird shot in the air behind my house and only a few cows may get some shot falling on them. We shoot a monthly match where the shotgunners up on the hill shoot over us and we get shot raining down on us sometimes.