Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

squid load

benny hill

I was shooting the nat. 3-gun last week & on the shotgun jungle run, I was doing great till bird # 6. I took aim, pressed the trigger or maybe jerked it, anyway, the gun barley moves, goes pluttttt, & all the shot rolls out of the barrel about 5 feet away. I was useing factory loads. I stand there looking at the gun, pull the trigger again to see if it cycled, knowing it did'nt. I rack out the hull, look at it, don't know why, & load another round in it. Start to pull the trigger when a little voice says" is the wad still in the barrel?" What the hell, turn my head away, pull trigger, big bang, look at barrel & it looks good. Load another round shoot bird & on my way. Takes about 8-10 sec's to do so it cost me about 30 points. Talk about murphy bending you over.

Nah, It was some shells that the Hurricane blew in :goof:

Benny, I am looking at the unlucky version of that right now. Just got a bulged barrel from the gunsmith to use in Hunter Safety where someone tried to shoot out the wad.

I don't shoot 3-gun (yet), so I'm not sure about this, but shouldn't the RO have stopped you at the sound of a squib just like it was a pistol? I know it happens where the RO doesn't catch it, but I would think it would be even more apparent with shot jangling down the barrel.

Enough about this silly squid. I want to know more about "holly crap!" :roflol:

-ld

When I think of crap and holly in the same sentence, pain and severe backside irritation comes to mind.

As far as squid, hell, a little squeeze of lemon down the bore should set everything right.