Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where could I find round nose .40 bullets?

RJR bullets...Somerville TN

160 grn round nose Lead, Red lube.

He has Bulk price if you order at least 10k

Rodney

901-378-0112

Tell him Sam sent you. (It won't get me a better deal, but it will make him feel better about his decision to get into the casting business)

I use the Precision Deltas in my 646.

HIGHLY accurate, it is not really a trunicated cone. It is a round nose flat spot as in maybe just like they were dropped on their nose while loaded in a case.

Perform like round nose for what we would use them for.

I still use the lead for everything aside from BIG matches, and extept shooting into the sun.

Hop

I use Frontier RNFP in 40 cal.

Check with one of these distributors from the web site.

USA DISTRIBUTORS

Black Hills Shooters Supplies

PO Box 4220

Rapid City

SD 577094220

Tel: +1-605-3484477

Fax: +1-605-3485037

e-Mail: mundon@bhshooters.com

NEW - T&T Reloading Easton, PA 610-759-1449

NEW - Sportsworld Tulsa, OK 918-742-4027 ask for Chris

• 1 month later...
I messed with a lot of various TC and HP .40 bullets back when I was shooting my 646 more, and came away convinced that nothing works as well as true round-nose when it comes to reloading with speed and reliability.

I found the same thing before the "Stability of rules" suddenly proved to be not so stable and made my new 646 unwelcome. I was shooting Berry 155 HBRN's loaded to about 135 PF so they would run well in my Browning also. They are still available Berry also has a 180 RN but they seam to think mighty highly of their products.

Laser Cast makes a great Lead Round Nose in .40 called the .40 1911, I've used the 185 grain version and I think they have a 155 grain also.

http://www.laser-cast.com/

It's designed to be long loaded in a .40 S&W and is accurate in everything I tried.

Down side is it's damn near as expensive as Plated/Jacketed.

Berry's also has a 180 gr. Plated RN.

Yes, they are round nose.

I'll look tonite and see if there is a part no.

Tim

I got a case of 180's from Montana Gold bullets, they are not listed on their website but it's worth a phone call.

I case of 180 MG of what type ?? round nose ?

I got a case of 180's from Montana Gold bullets, they are not listed on their website but it's worth a phone call.

I made a phone call to Montana Gold and they said that they do not have a round nose .40 anymore. They said that once a long time ago they made some for export but no longer have or make any. :(

Laser Cast makes a great Lead Round Nose in .40 called the .40 1911, I've used the 185 grain version and I think they have a 155 grain also.

http://www.laser-cast.com/

It's designed to be long loaded in a .40 S&W and is accurate in everything I tried.

Down side is it's damn near as expensive as Plated/Jacketed.

Berry's also has a 180 gr. Plated RN.

I found some of those laser cast bullets in Sportsman's Warehouse last week. They must have been sitting there for a while because I got a box of 500 SWCRN 185gr and a box of 500 TCRN 180gr for $29.97 each.

• 3 months later...