Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship...7th Annual

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I walked the stages with Jared and Rod & Cheryl Current today- settling into the hotel now before dinner. Looks to be a fun match. And I must say it was one of the most beautiful drives I think I have ever experienced! I love Arizona... :wub: First time I have ever been to the range and I am sure impressed.

I walked the stages with Jared and Rod & Cheryl Current today- settling into the hotel now before dinner. Looks to be a fun match. And I must say it was one of the most beautiful drives I think I have ever experienced! I love Arizona... :wub: First time I have ever been to the range and I am sure impressed.

Thanks!

Jim

I think everyone is looking forward to getting started tomorrow. The RO's and match staff shot today everyone I spoke to seemed happy with the match. I did hear that there are some ungodly fast swingers on one stage.

Spectacular weather so I walked around out there today. No skinny guns so I'm just an observer. LOTS of no shoots and hard cover. Has always been a pretty tough match. This year doesn't look any different. Hope everyone stays safe and gas a pile of fun.

Jim

The match is a blast so far. The stages are great as usual. The Bianchi mover had to be changed to static targets due to winds causing a malfunction when the RO's and staff shot. It's a good mixture of long, medium, and short courses. The 3 swingers on stage 12 were pretty fast but I got 8 hits in 8 shots so it's doable.

Steve, Kyle, Rich, and Dave have done a great job again and they have maintained their status as the best Single Stack match in the U.S.

Jim, you could've used a gun of mine.

I do not have any score updates but for the 2 people out there who care (hi mom).....I SUCKED today!

Edited by jasmap

Game just ended. Sorry... :(

SteveH and match staff, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for a great match! :bow: The trip from FL was more than worth it! I was called a colon so many times that ended up shooting like an a$$! :goof: but I'll definitely try to be there again next year.

The SUPPER SQUAD was AWESOME!! LadyinBlue and her loyal sidekick Gentleman"Wild Thing"Jim, my colleague Putty, Rocket35, Dan Sierpina and lovely Mrs., ccur and RodCur, the Area 2 Director, the New Mexico connection; Jarred and Glen :bow:, Robert and the rest of our squad: IT WAS A GREAT PLEASURE TO SHOOT WITH YOU! :cheers: Tomorrow when I get home I'll post pix.

I also got to meet our host Mr. Enos, Jasmap, ChuckS, Intel6 and others that now escape me. Gentlemen -> :cheers:

Match organizers, again MUCHAS GRACIAS! Please tell me where can we see the overall results?:bow:

B)

Edited by Nemo

Wow..... some 120 Unclassified in SS shot the match. Not sure what that means but it's interesting.

:) It means that ~120 shot a few warm up matches before the WSSSC. Many have put the SS back in the safe. Some of them well back I suspect. ;) They'll be back next year, you can bet on it. One of the must shoot matches for a whole bunch of people.

Jim

I must say I had the best time at this match! By far my favorite of all that I attended. Stages were all very well planned out. I will definitely return next year. Steve H. and crew did an outstanding job. The range staff were all friendly and courtious. :cheers: I didn't get every stage on camera due to technical difficulties, but got 10 of the stages. Download it about 1/3 of the way in High Quality for best viewing results. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gr_SKOMtH0

I also had a great time meeting soooo many people that if I was able to make a list I would leave someone out. Suffice to say that I met alot of big name shooters and great people.

Congrats to Taran, but also fellow NM shooters Glen Shelby for 4th overall- High Master and Jared Milinazzio for 9th overall and High A class! :cheers: I was fortunate enough to shoot on the "supper squad", the best squad on the range!! B)