Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backpack range bag choices?

Aircooled6racer

Dale, that backpack you see above accommodates a 100L Camelbak or Source reservoir. So no worries there.

I can see the sense of urgency here. I'll do my best. Thanks guys.

Nice, at this point personally I'm only shooting 1 or 2 matches this year so I probably won't be looking to buy until the spring. I'll definitely be interested in what you folks will have available if its ready by the spring.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Any more feed back on the Maxpedition Falcon?

I LOVE IT. Its like it was made for pistol shooters. I've got alot of Maxpedition packs and the Falcon is my favorite for everything. It carries everything I need and with ease of access. I added the small nalgene bottle holder to the side to carry my drink.

The Falcon carries well on the back when you have your pistol belt with mags on. It carries high enough to not interfere.

I buy all my Maxpedition stuff from EM Gear. Yeah.....Maxpedition stuff may be able to be bought a little cheaper other places online but Dustin is a shooter who supports the shooting sports so I like to spend my money with him. And through Dustin's efforts with Maxpedition they are starting to cater more to the shooter. Maxpedition has two new pistol rugs out that are just nice and well built and more new prototypes are coming down the pipeline in a few months.

After lugging my Ishot range bag at 2007 L10 nationals, I decided to give the backpack option a try. I got the CED and I like it alot. It is not perfect. I like the ammo compartment at the bottom of the pack so that the pack does sit upright when I set it down. Comes with the gun rug for the inside. It has held up well for the last year and a half of matches and practice. I also use if for glock matches and fit 3 guns and enough mags for all of them in the pack.

Then only thing I do not like is that I wish it rode higher. I have my barney mag on the back of my belt and the Backpack rides against it. I would like to look at an Ishot version.

Any more feed back on the Maxpedition Falcon?

I LOVE IT. Its like it was made for pistol shooters. I've got alot of Maxpedition packs and the Falcon is my favorite for everything. It carries everything I need and with ease of access. I added the small nalgene bottle holder to the side to carry my drink.

The Falcon carries well on the back when you have your pistol belt with mags on. It carries high enough to not interfere.

I buy all my Maxpedition stuff from EM Gear. Yeah.....Maxpedition stuff may be able to be bought a little cheaper other places online but Dustin is a shooter who supports the shooting sports so I like to spend my money with him. And through Dustin's efforts with Maxpedition they are starting to cater more to the shooter. Maxpedition has two new pistol rugs out that are just nice and well built and more new prototypes are coming down the pipeline in a few months.

I've been using Maxpedition Condor II. It fits my needs so far. I only carry 200-300 round at a time during matches but I put 500-600 during practice.

Fluids and other accessories fill up the remaining space. It feels very sturdy that 500-600 does not feel like it'll start ripping to pieces. Very comfortable on your shoulders.

The paddings do not feel they're cutting my shoulders, be it 200 or 600 rounds. Not a lot of pockets but it has it in the right places.

I like the built in Hydration (2Liters). I bought it for a little over $100 as Maxpedition had a sale, and I also downloaded a coupon.

'm pretty sure there are other sturdy backpacks out there but if you go the Maxpedition route, I think you'll appreciate its workmanship.

Hope this helps.

Edited by edwin garcia

• 5 years later...

I know this topic is VERY VERY old, but I have some serious interest in it. I've found a bag that works really really well, but the material is not the best and probably won't last long. I'll post some pictures of it completely loaded up, once I can figure out how to upload images on this forum (little help here).

Here's the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rain-proof-Backpack-Shoulder-Camera-Bag-Case-Shock-proof-for-Canon-EOS-DSLR-SLR-/141074980828?pt=US_Camera_Cases_Bags&hash=item20d8b95fdc

Looks nice! What material is it made out of? I've looked before at that one, but wanted something I could toss around and not have to worry. Like 600D minimum toss around. I have a Trident 20 coming to test out and see how it works.

Looks nice! What material is it made out of? I've looked before at that one, but wanted something I could toss around and not have to worry. Like 600D minimum toss around. I have a Trident 20 coming to test out and see how it works.

1000D

Wow! I'll def take a look if the Trident 20 doesn't work out. Thanks for the input.

I was looking for it to double as a CCW bag and wanted something kind of smaller. The GPS looks like a perfect range specific bag though.

Edited by KGlock

• 10 months later...