Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading 9mm with Hodgdon Titegroup

Rocknrollgen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had good luck with Titegroup in .38 spcl, 9 mm, & 45. Currently using 3.2gr Titegroup in my wife's Glock 19 which chronographs at 993.8 fps. Forgot to point out that is a 124gr LRN bullet from S&S.

You need to bump that up a tad because you need 1,008 fps MINIMUM to make minor pf. I'd run at about 1,050, to be on the safe side. I've seen way too much variations in chronograph results to go to any match with slower bullets, even though my chronograph results matched one Nationals, and 2 Area matches, they were different at another Area match. :surprise:

varminter22

Nica Nica I like that SD and that low grain load! The FPS would suggest a soft recoil as well in your barrel length! Agree?.

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck.

Yep, agree.

I may have found the load for the Mont Gold 142. But I should do more testing.

Will also have to find a load for the Extreme Bullets 147 (copper plated.)

3.4 grains TG under a 147 grain Zero JHP or FMJ - 138-140 PF, 1.130 OAL. My G34 likes it hot. I've been running this load for years and always have no worries at chrono.

Edited by vluc

What col are you guys using ? I want to use some 115/124 xtremes with my p99. My last load was 115 grainers with 4.0 tg col 1.125. They shot pretty good but I wondered if i should change the col to 1.135 or 1.15...

Edited by Rockets

What col are you guys using ? I want to use some 115/124 xtremes with my p99. My last load was 115 grainers with 4.0 tg col 1.125. They shot pretty good but I wondered if i should change the col to 1.135 or 1.15...

I use 1.14 for my 124gr xtremes, but that's with an M&P.

The last time there was an event that made components impossible to find.....I ended up with 5K lead free primers. I read horror stories about how they had less spark and no one liked them. So I matched the lead free primers up with titegroup in my 9mm loads using a 124 fmj. It worked like a charm!

Not my powder of choice for the 9mm because the slide gets hot quickly. But it does have a place and it works well doing a number of things.

I use TG for open minor static & fall down steel (custom 2011) & Springfield Loaded SS Target IDPA ESP 124gr. MG CMJ, 4.1gr. TG, 1.142 OAL, PF 140

I use TG for 40 S&W Limited 10 & Limited (major), Berry Plated 155gr. HBRN. 5.0gr. TG, 1.135 OAL, PF 168 (USPSA)

Burns hot & barrel gets hot, also a little snappy (muzzle rise). But I have gotten used to it after thousands of rounds.

I like the way the powder drops & it's consistency. Shoots 1 - 1.5" groups at 25 Yds. off sandbag rest consistently, depending on gun.

I prefer lighter bullets (flatter shooting).

• 9 months later...

I just posted some load data under the Bayou bullets post. Recap on what I will be using:

Glock 34 Stock

147gr Bayou Bullets

Mixed brass

3.1gr TiteGroup

1.135 OAL

131 PF

I am going to try this Load with Blue bullets 147 gr. Edited by FlightMedic376

• 1 month later...

in my M&P 9C I've been using 4.2grns of Titegroup for my Powerbond 124gr rn and 4.6 for my 115gr rn both with a col that is a bit on the long side, not at home and don't remember the col exactly.

Been using 4.6 in my M&P45fs with 230gr rn, also on the long side.

3.2 to 3.4 gr Titegroup 135 gr epoxy coated bullet cycles perfectly with my CZ 75S P01 Shadowline and CZ 85 Combat. Sorry, no chrono data. Grouping is as tight as 2-3" freehand @ 20 m and as close as 1" using a pistol bench rest.

Safe Shooting!

I'm using 4.0 gr TiteGroup with Berry's 124 gr RN and an OAL: 1.139. My avg velocity thru a Chrono this week was 1061 fps for a PF of 131.6 thru a Glock 17.

It's a little higher in my G34. We use this load for everything from USPSA to falling steel and it works great. Also runs fine in our 9mm AR and a Beretta CX4 Storm.

I also chronod 3.8 gr TG in the G17 and got an avg 1026 fps which was too close to the min 125 for minor for our comfort zone.

1.10 Oal

Why such a short OAL?

1- That was the load data I found. So I just started there.

2- My set up of KKM barrel and Glockworx striker package had problems with light primer strikes sometimes. This cleared up a great deal once I went from 1.15 to 1.10.

• 3 months later...