Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your "tag" line?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats from the rules for a gunfight Flex.

Rules were (as I recall):

Rules for a gunfight

1. Bring enough gun.

2. Bring a long gun and invite all your fellow Marines to come out and play and have them bring long guns too.

3. Rifles are rifles and pistols are pistols. Rifles are offensive weapons. Pistols are used to fight your way to a rifle.

4. Never bring a pistol whose caliber does not start with the number 4.

5. Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap and life is expensive.

6. Aim. You can't miss fast enough to win.

7. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

8. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

9. Nice to have all the latest whizbangbuckrogers stuff but the weapon you choose better go "bang" each and everytime you point it and pull the trigger.

10. Be polite and nice but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

11. Murphy is ALWAYS there. Anticipate problems and then you will have solved them before they happen.

12. That sucking chest wound is God's way of telling you to "Slow down."

13. The trauma dressing and morphine come from "Doc". He may be a squid but be nice to "Doc."

14. Any optics that require batteries will fail in the middle of the gunfight. Bring spare batteries.

15. Optics will break and take a dump in the middle of the gunfight. Have Iron sights on your weapons.

16. Never pull the pin on the grenade when its still inside the vehicle. It may make for exciting stories but it upsets your fellow passengers to play footsie with live ordanance.

17. Don't throw grenades up stairs. Gravity...its not just a suggestion...its the LAW!

18. Don't have your thumbs resting on the butterfly trigger of "MaDeuce" while traveling. A .50 cal going off when not expected to has a negative effect on your fellow travelers. Be considerate and say someting first like "Holy Shite!" prior to firing. This gives everyone time to appreciate the wounderful tracer pattern you're throwing downrange and participate themselves.

19. Friendly fire.....isn't.

20. Put out American flags. Blue force tracker only works when the idiot in the Hummer over there looks at it.

If hes looking over his gunsights at you he does not see the interesting blue force tracker screen. The flag, however, works wonders.

21. If you're not shooting you should be reloading. If you're not reloading you should be moving. If you're not doing either of those then you should be calling in artillery.

22. Everyone hates the snipers until you need one.

23. Don't piss off the snipers. They can shoot from really far away and have suppressed weapons and they LIKE this stuff.

There are more but this is what I recall offhand.

JK

I think I read this here first, don't know who should get the credit.

Life is all about ASS........

You spend your whole life either,

laughing it off,

covering it,

kissing it,

kicking it,

busting it,

trying to get a piece of it,

or just plain behaving like one.

My personal fav that I've found to be true over and over:

Normal people are only the ones you don't know very well.

And of course, from the ethereal philosophy department: Remember, no matter where you go, there you are. (Buckaroo Banzai)

My old boss was the king of one-liners. Some of the favs. Have a good retirement Dick G.

"Some days you're the bug. Some days you're the windshield."

"Just another speed bump on the road of life."

"Everything was just fine right up to the point you screwed up."

"I'm not your boss. I'm a professional BS filter."

When I was in competition skydiving I heard dozens of taglines that apply to competition. They could be applied to any competition including flicking booger balls but one stuck hard.

"The team that wins today is the team that makes the fewest mistakes."

It applies to the shooting sports probably more than the skydiving world.

My sigs at the bottom of my posts I've had for a long time. The IPSC reference is that I make no apology for being an IPSC shooter. I refuse to be looked down on by others in the gun culture for it. Yes, there are still people who look at us as wackos. The other is a basic life philosophy of mine.

Back to the Military vain.

Why shoot when you can Nuke.

You can kill more people with silence, binoculars and a radio than all the Marines in China, (no offense to the Marines that may for some reason be in China trying to kill people) Sniper School.

And this was from a Marine Recon guy, Always bring Artilery and close Air Support to a gun fight.

One of my alltime favorites...."all things being equal, one is as good as the other"

The other one is..... "If the inevitble should ever occur"

Both Great quotes from Swat magazine :roflol:

"It,s a target rich environment!!" YEA??? Custer died in a target rich environment! KurtM

...and the military theme continued.

"Ah, these diplomats! What chatterboxes! There's only one way to shut them up - cut them down with machine guns. Bulganin, go and get me one!" - Joseph Stalin

"The easiest and quickest path into the esteem of traditional military authorities is by the appeal to the eye, rather than to the mind. The `polish and pipeclay' school is not yet extinct, and it is easier for the mediocre intelligence to become an authority on buttons, than on tactics." - Captain Sir Basil Liddel Hart, in Thoughts on War, 1944

"The military value of a partisan's work is not measured by the amount of property destroyed, or the number of men killed or captured, but by the number of the enemy which he keeps watching [him]." - John Singleton Mosby, 1833-1916, Confederate Cavalry Leader

And not so military, but a personal favorite....

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Thats from the rules for a gunfight Flex.

Rules were (as I recall):

Rules for a gunfight

1. Bring enough gun.

2. Bring a long gun and invite all your fellow Marines to come out and play and have them bring long guns too.

3. Rifles are rifles and pistols are pistols. Rifles are offensive weapons. Pistols are used to fight your way to a rifle.

4. Never bring a pistol whose caliber does not start with the number 4.

5. Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap and life is expensive.

6. Aim. You can't miss fast enough to win.

7. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

8. Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

9. Nice to have all the latest whizbangbuckrogers stuff but the weapon you choose better go "bang" each and everytime you point it and pull the trigger.

10. Be polite and nice but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

11. Murphy is ALWAYS there. Anticipate problems and then you will have solved them before they happen.

12. That sucking chest wound is God's way of telling you to "Slow down."

13. The trauma dressing and morphine come from "Doc". He may be a squid but be nice to "Doc."

14. Any optics that require batteries will fail in the middle of the gunfight. Bring spare batteries.

15. Optics will break and take a dump in the middle of the gunfight. Have Iron sights on your weapons.

16. Never pull the pin on the grenade when its still inside the vehicle. It may make for exciting stories but it upsets your fellow passengers to play footsie with live ordanance.

17. Don't throw grenades up stairs. Gravity...its not just a suggestion...its the LAW!

18. Don't have your thumbs resting on the butterfly trigger of "MaDeuce" while traveling. A .50 cal going off when not expected to has a negative effect on your fellow travelers. Be considerate and say someting first like "Holy Shite!" prior to firing. This gives everyone time to appreciate the wounderful tracer pattern you're throwing downrange and participate themselves.

19. Friendly fire.....isn't.

20. Put out American flags. Blue force tracker only works when the idiot in the Hummer over there looks at it.

If hes looking over his gunsights at you he does not see the interesting blue force tracker screen. The flag, however, works wonders.

21. If you're not shooting you should be reloading. If you're not reloading you should be moving. If you're not doing either of those then you should be calling in artillery.

22. Everyone hates the snipers until you need one.

23. Don't piss off the snipers. They can shoot from really far away and have suppressed weapons and they LIKE this stuff.

There are more but this is what I recall offhand.

JK

The only 2 that I found missing were:-

24. Remember, your rifle was build by the lowest bidder.

25. Murphy was a Marine (Grunt).