Terrible....just terrible.

Flexmoney

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drank this crap.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/37389

I saw it. Thought...hmmm it sounds so bad, that it just can't really be that bad.

.chelada-1259.jpg

Back in 1970 (yes, I am somewhat old) I was stationed at Ft Carson in Colorado Springs. We used to go regularly to some country western bar and drink the local drink which was Snappy Tom (tomato juice with tobasco in it I believe) and beer. At the time it seemed like pretty good stuff. Can,t say as I have tried it since.

Youse guys are kidding.....right?

You didn't really drink that crap? :surprise:

Are you out of your fargin mind?

Why would you do that?

You got to be kidding me.

Drink that stuff?

Man oh man....what you country boys will do....amazing.

And here I was thinking you were smart Flex. :rolleyes:

JK

Kind of off topic but Clamato is a common drink additive north of the US border in the Vancouver area. Instead of Bloody Marys they are called a "Caesar" even though they look just like a Bloody Mary with the celery and all that. Same kind of mix too. My wife tried ordering one of those down here (SF Bay area) and they looked at her like she was from Mars..

I can't deal with the acid of those tomato juice concoctions, so I've never had the pleasure to try something like that stuff.

Just exactly what is clam juice :huh:

And how to they go about extracting said juice...I can understand fruit juice ...but juice from a mollusk :wacko:

Jim

It is just the salty water that comes out when you shuck quohogs (clams). You use it for clam sauces with pasta, or they give you hot clam juice to rinse your "steamer" clams off before you dunk them in butter. However, I wonder how similar the stuff called 'clam juice" in that beer is to the fresh clam juice I can buy down the street at the seafood market.

That's just gross. As a RI born clam lover and amatuer quohogger, I can assure you that a beer and fresh dug raw little necks with a dash of tabasco are much more refreshing.

Man oh Man! Totally beyond me why anyone would ever want to ruin a good glass of Clamatto with of all things, Bud Light! :) At least mix it with something that has some flavor. Seriously, I prefer my Clamatto with Vodka but if your gonna mix it with beer choose a decent one.

We have an AB brewery here in Columbus. The head brew-master happens to live in my neighborhood. I'm trying real hard to find a reason not to go and kick his ass.

I've got this hilarious visual playing through my head where this poor sap opens his front door after a knock to be met with Flex's fist...knocking him out cold. Then a nice, fresh can of this shit being cracked open and being poured over his hapless body. :roflol:

you guys in Ohio will drink anything. LOL

It's all about sports celebration Thomas:

If your state had two NFL teams, you would too.

If you had at least one NFL team, you would too.

If you had a top college football team, you would too.

I guess you can celebrate the Michigan curling team...?

Second........tomato juice and beer mixed is a must drink for a South Dakotan!

Seriously they drink that stuff heavy up there.....................

Hey that hurts....and yes it is a midwest type of thing not just South Dakota...

Uh.... Flex,

Seems to me you tried drinking something like beer with an orange in it a while back. Now clam juice, tomato juice (and certified color) in some thing called a light beer.

Just between you and me, one shooting friend to another, pick a real beer and drink it. If it doesn't taste good without adding fruit, vegetables, seafood or other 'seasonings' then it just ain't good beer.

:cheers:

My girlfriend got me on to the Clamato - I really like it. I'll even hit it right from the bottle.

My favorite beer lately is Sol. Which is great with just enough Clamato poured in to fill up a freshly opened bottle.

;)

I did something bold today, but it might be a while until I can talk about it. It started out OK, but the thought of it is making things worse and worse.
I had figured out what I needed to see to make it happen. I knew it was within my abilities that day. I then decided that I'd accomplish it.
I was there and witnessed the whole thing. I wanted no part of it :surprise: I think this is the first time I have ever seen Flex not finish a beer :roflol:

Flyin

:cheers:

I get the redneck bloodmarys. Trust me...choose your hangover rather than drinking this crap.

We have an AB brewery here in Columbus. The head brew-master happens to live in my neighborhood. I'm trying real hard to find a reason not to go and kick his ass.

You should kick your own ass. What were you thinking.? I've done a lot of things that in retrospect don't make sense. Nearly all have involved beer.(and large women) I do feel your pain. You are very brave to share this one.

Ick! I just threw up in my mouth a little. I'm gonna go grab a Newcastle and try to forget I saw that can.

Newcastle? Someone else appreciates a good beer. Guiness too. :cheers:

Flex:

Beer with tomato juice is bad enough but Clamato type? Ick! (Where's the puke avatar when you need it?)